Barca draws Lyon in Round of 16 at Champions League

BBZ8800

Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Rakitic, Alba and arguably Dembele and Coutinho too should NOT play in the CDR until the final this season.

Why not Coutinho?
He is not a starter in this moment.

Anyone who is NOT a starter should play those matches.
If current starters are Busi, Raki, Vidal, Dembele, Suarez, Messi, then:
Arthur, Denis, Rafinha, Munir, Malcom, Coutinho, Vermaelen, one out of Roberto/Semedo are free to play.

soul24rage

Why not Coutinho?
He is not a starter in this moment.

Anyone who is NOT a starter should play those matches.
If current starters are Busi, Raki, Vidal, Dembele, Suarez, Messi, then:
Arthur, Denis, Rafinha, Munir, Malcom, Coutinho, Vermaelen, one out of Roberto/Semedo are free to play.

I agree, there should be a team A and team B for La Liga and Copa respectively.

This would be my team for the Copa until the Final
Cillessen---Bob, Chumi, Vermaelen, Miranda---Rakitic, Alena, Arthur---Malcom, Munir, Coutinho

Team A would be
MATS---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---Busi, Rakitic, Vidal---Messi, Suarez, Dembele

Rakitic is always going to play so I have no hopes that he will be rested.
Denis looks likely to leave in January and it sucks that Rafinha is out for this time period.
A good thing of this rotation is that everybody gets to play and will be match fit when they are needed.

Last edited:

Centauri B

I agree, there should be a team A and team B for La Liga and Copa respectively.

This would be my team for the Copa until the Final
Cillessen---Bob, Chumi, Vermaelen, Miranda---Rakitic, Alena, Arthur---Malcom, Munir, Coutinho

Team A would be
MATS---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---Busi, Rakitic, Vidal---Messi, Suarez, Dembele

Rakitic is always going to play so I have no hopes that he will be rested.
Denis looks likely to leave in January and it sucks that Rafinha is out for this time period.
A good thing of this rotation is that everybody gets to play and will be match fit when they are needed.

Arthur should be in the A team.

JerseyAddict

Arthur is our best midfielder atm. Says a lot.

I don't count Messi and Cou there cause EV does not play Cou there

Leo_Messi

Lyon it is. On paper one of the easier teams to face but it should be some interesting games without a doubt. Lyon is a respectable club with a great youth academy and quite a few promising talents at their disposal. It is also a club that we have good ties with and past games have almost always been entertaining.

However anything else than winning the tie would be a complete and utter disaster. No excuses.

drybler11

If Lyon could stop Man City, they are not weak.
Anyway I think that Barca would not let anybody repeat that what Roma did last year.
When you look at away match againts Tottenham, you can see that Barca does not understimate anybody and if we need to win, we win.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Lyon will get trashed. Barca looks bored in LaLiga this year, full throttle in UCL though.

Lyon - Barca 1-2
Barca - Lyon 3-0

delancey

Lyon will get trashed. Barca looks bored in LaLiga this year, full throttle in UCL though.

Lyon - Barca 1-2
Barca - Lyon 3-0

The last game in UCL against Tottenham hardly showed a team with a strategy or a plan. In fact, we got outplayed and it was more fun watching Tottenham than Barca. If it hadn't been for Dembele's individual performance, we may very well have lost the game.

GOAT_SUAREZ

The last game in UCL against Tottenham hardly showed a team with a strategy or a plan. In fact, we got outplayed and it was more fun watching Tottenham than Barca. If it hadn't been for Dembele's individual performance, we may very well have lost the game.

we played with a lot of youth and were already qualified.

Home of Barca Fans