Kai Havertz

Donatello

The only way he can play here is if he can replicate the Iniesta role.

We have already seen what happens with an advanced CAM, arguably Coutinho was much more proven but still he struggled. We can't accommodate such players if we play our traditional 4-3-3.

He can't score 17 goals here, neither he is supposed to. His role has to be similiar to what iniesta did back then. If not, he would be a waste here.

I can understand Bayerm because he can prove to be an excellent Muller replacement.

Last edited:
The only way he can play here is if he can replicate the Iniesta role.

We have already seen what happens with an advanced CAM, arguably Coutinho was much more proven but still he struggled. We can't accommodate such players if we play our traditional 4-3-3.

He can't score 17 goals here, neither he is supposed to. His role has to be similiar to what iniesta did back then. If not, he would be a waste here.

I can understand Bayerm because he can prove to be an excellent Muller replacement.

He is perfect for the 8. Watch him play - great player. Price is 75m euro which is more than fair. We have to buy either him or Felix for that role

Leo_Messi

Is he already Bayern bound by any chance?

If not the board would do well to contact his agent and entourage and make it clear that we are interested and ready to offer him a starting spot alongside FDJ and Arthur from next season onwards.

Not seen him continuously at all but the little that I have seen have been impressive and the stats speak for themselves as does his versatility.

I think that he might be the closest thing to a young De Bruyne, just better. Such a type of player would fit marvelously alongside FDJ (he would fit in every midfield constellation) and a controller like Arthur (same case).

Has the physical presence too. Pretty much a perfect fit (stylistically) alongside players with FDJ's and Arthur's characteristics. All 3 youngsters as well.

We don't necessarily need a direct Iniesta replacement. For starters that is pretty much an impossible task.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Is he already Bayern bound by any chance?

If not the board would do well to contact his agent and entourage and make it clear that we are interested and ready to offer him a starting spot alongside FDJ and Arthur from next season onwards.

Not seen him continuously at all but the little that I have seen have been impressive and the stats speak for themselves as does his versatility.

I think that he might be the closest thing to a young De Bruyne, just better. Such a type of player would fit marvelously alongside FDJ (he would fit in every midfield constellation) and a controller like Arthur (same case).

Has the physical presence too. Pretty much a perfect fit (stylistically) alongside players with FDJ's and Arthur's characteristics. All 3 youngsters as well.

We don't necessarily need a direct Iniesta replacement. For starters that is pretty much an impossible task.

Seems like he's bound to join Bayern 2020, but who knows.

Leverkusen said multiple times they don't want to sell this summer though so if anything it would be very expensive and i doubt we'd splash like 100+ mil on him this summer.

Seems like he's bound to join Bayern 2020, but who knows.

Leverkusen said multiple times they don't want to sell this summer though so if anything it would be very expensive and i doubt we'd splash like 100+ mil on him this summer.

Not every great young German dreams of playing for Bayern. The only reason you doubt we'd splash 100m on him is because there doesn't seem anyone on the board with the foresight to see what it staring them in the face. He's perfect as the new attacking midfielder, a goalscoring one too, something we haven't had for as long as I can remember.

MTL_Barca

Not every great young German dreams of playing for Bayern. The only reason you doubt we'd splash 100m on him is because there doesn't seem anyone on the board with the foresight to see what it staring them in the face. He's perfect as the new attacking midfielder, a goalscoring one too, something we haven't had for as long as I can remember.

That is just what's reported in German media. Havertz being Bayerns main target for 2020 is pretty much a given. Of course nobody knows if it's really that serious behind the scenes already but it wouldn't surprise me.

Andresito

Staff member
People at Barca probably never even heard of him. I'm sure Valverde doesn't know who Frenkie is.

Leo_Messi

snowy

Obviously they have as we have been rumored to him on many occasions last year. We have one of the best scouting networks in the world. In December of 2018, Rico (MD) wrote that the club stopped chasing him as he is apparently Bayern bound for the summer of 2020.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20181214/453533093901/fc-barcelona-havertz.html

He seems keen on Bayern but even so and with Valverde on board, we might still be able to lure him to Catalonia should we offer him a starting spot or at least substantial playtime. Ousmane was keen on us in 2016 but Dortmund nabbed him for only 15 mil (+ % off future transf to Rennes I think...) by offering him a starting spot and Tuchel, of course, convincing him (Still don't get why we didn't offer Demb the same back then. Our midfield was lame in attack and Luis E. could've used him as a RM)

Anyways, back to Havertz, would be great to see Barto make a push for him.

Leo_Messi

He seems keen on Bayern but even so and with Valverde on board, we might still be able to lure him to Catalonia should we offer him a starting spot or at least substantial playtime. Ousmane was keen on us in 2016 but Dortmund nabbed him for only 15 mil (+ % off future transf to Rennes I think...) by offering him a starting spot and Tuchel, of course, convincing him (Still don't get why we didn't offer Demb the same back then. Our midfield was lame in attack and Luis E. could've used him as a RM)

Anyways, back to Havertz, would be great to see Barto make a push for him.

The problem with chasing him might be the very fact the he is German. Most German talents and stars (although it has changed a bit in recent years) seem to prefer to play at Bayern if given the opportunity. No other club seems to have a bigger pull than Bayern for that category of players. So not sure if the Dembélé comparison is accurate in the case of Havertz. Agree with the rest though.

In any case we should be more active on the German market. We have had great success with buying players from Ligue 1 (overall) in the past 15 years but we rarely look towards the Bundesliga. Is MAtS not the last signing directly from the Bundesliga? 5 years ago.

khaled_a_d

The problem with chasing him might be the very fact the he is German. Most German talents and stars (although it has changed a bit in recent years) seem to prefer to play at Bayern if given the opportunity. No other club seems to have a bigger pull than Bayern for that category of players. So not sure if the Dembélé comparison is accurate in the case of Havertz. Agree with the rest though.

In any case we should be more active on the German market. We have had great success with buying players from Ligue 1 (overall) in the past 15 years but we rarely look towards the Bundesliga. Is MAtS not the last signing directly from the Bundesliga? 5 years ago.

Dembele is our last signing from there

Leo_Messi

Dembele is our last signing from there

I meant last German player signed from the Bundesliga. Hence mentioning MAtS (German player signing with us from a German club) alongside Havertz (German player playing for a German club). But even non-German players signed directly from the Bundesliga is a very rare thing for the club.

Last edited:

snowy

I meant last German player signed from the Bundesliga. Hence mentioning MAtS (German player signing with us from a German club) alongside Havertz (German player playing for a German club). But even non-German players signed directly from the Bundesliga is a very rare thing for the club.

We're better at getting German cars xD

Home of Barca Fans