Who'd you like to face next in the Round of 16 at Champions League?

Who'd you like to face next in the CL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

Roma would have us the most fired up so I would like them.

I wouldn't be afraid of Liverpool or United either. I just enjoy facing English teams.

FC B

Shalke is the obvious choice but I reckon would be a too simple task so I opted for Roma but ofc, every team would be fine except Liverpool.

Leo_Messi

Associazione Sportiva Roma. In other words AS Roma. Nothing will ever correct that absolutely dreadful and disgusting night in Rome 8 months ago but drawing Roma and absolutely obliterating them (I have nothing against Roma otherwise) would certainly be a start.

Not to say that they are a mess this season and that they were twice the team last season. Even if they were thrice the team last season we should have buried that tie completely in the first game let alone in the return leg. Truly awful and pathetic stuff.

Either that or the easiest (on paper) opponent in Schalke.

Man Utd could be fun as well.

As for Liverpool I am not as afraid of them as many users here appear to be. I think that we can defeat them without a doubt and they are nothing special really. People who claim that we will lose 100% should find another sport to watch.

FinBarcelonafan

Associazione Sportiva Roma. In other words AS Roma. Nothing will ever correct that absolutely dreadful and disgusting night in Rome 8 months ago but drawing Roma and absolutely obliterating them (I have nothing against Roma otherwise) would certainly be a start.

Not to say that they are a mess this season and that they were twice the team last season. Even if they were thrice the team last season we should have buried that tie completely in the first game let alone in the return leg. Truly awful and pathetic stuff.

Either that or the easiest (on paper) opponent in Schalke.

Man Utd could be fun as well.

As for Liverpool I am not as afraid of them as many users here appear to be. I think that we can defeat them without a doubt and they are nothing special really. People who claim that we will lose 100% should find another sport to watch.

Why are you so confident vs Liverpool? Their playing style seems to be poison vs Us. We are slow, they are fast in counter attack and every time they would have a ball we would be in terrible spot. I think they would score 3-4 goals vs us at Anfield. Our slowass possession game doesnt work vs Liverpool.

Givenchy

Why are you so confident vs Liverpool? Their playing style seems to be poison vs Us. We are slow, they are fast in counter attack and every time they would have a ball we would be in terrible spot. I think they would score 3-4 goals vs us at Anfield. Our slowass possession game doesnt work vs Liverpool.

people said the same about Spurs and we beat them at their home. then they also said we'd get stuffed playing our b team and yet we weren't far off winning 1-0. its normal to be cautious especially with EV but we shouldn't fear anyone as this season the CL could easily go to any one of Liverpool/Barca/City/Juve/Bayern

Alik

1. Play against Ajax
2. Beat them
3. Impress FDJ and De Light so that they will do everything to join us
4. ???
5. Profit

Leo_Messi

Because Liverpool has had nothing to show for in the past 12 seasons other than a single League Cup (Mickey Mouse Cup) win 6 years ago where they barely defeated Cardiff on penalties. I know that this is the past and not really relevant to point out but we are not talking about RM, Atlético, Juve, Bayern etc. here who have shown much, much more in recent years at the highest level domestically and on the European scene.
Other than a rather lucky CL run last year (City should have kicked them out) and being schooled by RM in the final, while barely ending fourth in the domestic league, and a good start in the league (where City and Liverpool are far ahead of all their opponents, not saying much, as most English teams are significantly worse than their Spanish counterparts) 16 games into the season, they have showed nothing to be considered as favorites against a juggernaut like Barça. I don't think that they would be favorites against us (we have a far superior squad) and I am quite sure that the bookies will agree should we draw them.

I am not saying that they cannot defeat us but the respect that some of the users give them is absurd. It's like Barça was Bournemouth or something. We are talking about a team that lost to QSG, Napoli and Crvena Zvezda. That barely qualified. They were a miss from Milik away from playing in the Europa League. Yes, I do know that Liverpool had chances of their own as well but if you can't score on them it's your own fault.

I understand that Liverpool is the favorite choice of hipsters nowadays (I have nothing against Liverpool personally) and that people like their playing style (I do as well by large compared to your average English team) and that they find Klopp entertaining (I do too and rather like him as well) but come on.

If RM's defense can deal with Liverpool (rather easily) as well as all their opponents in this years CL, what makes you think that they will score 3-4 goals against us away from home? That's an absurd claim with all due respect. I know that this Roma game is in the back of our heads (mine too) but that was a freak result that we will likely not see in the next 10 years or more.

So it is not a case of me not rating Liverpool at all but a case of people vastly overrating them IMO. Look at their defence (other than Van Djiik which world class defender do they have) and most importantly their midfield. Does not exactly scream of world class but it works in the PL and barely worked in the CL this season so far.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Because Liverpool has had nothing to show for in the past 12 seasons other than a single League Cup (Mickey Mouse Cup) win 6 years ago where they barely defeated Cardiff on penalties. I know that this is the past and not really relevant to point out but we are not talking about RM, Atlético, Juve, Bayern etc. here who have shown much, much more in recent years at the highest level domestically and on the European scene.
Other than a rather lucky CL run last year (City should have kicked them out) and being schooled by RM in the final, while barely ending fourth in the domestic league, and a good start in the league (where City and Liverpool are far ahead of all their opponents, not saying much, as most English teams are significantly worse than their Spanish counterparts) 16 games into the season, they have showed nothing to be considered as favorites against a juggernaut like Barça. I don't think that they would be favorites against us (we have a far superior squad) and I am quite sure that the bookies will agree should we draw them.

I am not saying that they cannot defeat us but the respect that some of the users give them is absurd. It's like Barça was Bournemouth or something. We are talking about a team that lost to QSG, Napoli and Crvena Zvezda. That barely qualified. They were a miss from Milik away from playing in the Europa League. Yes, I do know that Liverpool had chances of their own as well but if you can't score on them it's your own fault.

I understand that Liverpool is the favorite choice of hipsters nowadays (I have nothing against Liverpool personally) and that people like their playing style (I do as well by large compared to your average English team) and that they find Klopp entertaining (I do too and rather like him as well) but come on.

If RM's defense can deal with Liverpool (rather easily) as well as all their opponents in this years CL, what makes you think that they will score 3-4 goals against us away from home? That's an absurd claim with all due respect. I know that this Roma game is in the back of our heads (mine too) but that was a freak result that we will likely not see in the next 10 years or more.

So it is not a case of me not rating Liverpool at all but a case of people vastly overrating them IMO. Look at their defence (other than Van Djiik which world class defender do they have) and most importantly their midfield. Does not exactly scream of world class but it works in the PL and barely worked in the CL this season so far.

In the last 3 years we have been trashed away by PSG, Juventus and Rome. This is not an incident anymore. We suck away and we need to find a way to play better in away matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans