Who'd you like to face next in the Round of 16 at Champions League?

Who'd you like to face next in the CL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Because Liverpool has had nothing to show for in the past 12 seasons other than a single League Cup (Mickey Mouse Cup) win 6 years ago where they barely defeated Cardiff on penalties. I know that this is the past and not really relevant to point out but we are not talking about RM, Atlético, Juve, Bayern etc. here who have shown much, much more in recent years at the highest level domestically and on the European scene.
Other than a rather lucky CL run last year (City should have kicked them out) and being schooled by RM in the final, while barely ending fourth in the domestic league, and a good start in the league (where City and Liverpool are far ahead of all their opponents, not saying much, as most English teams are significantly worse than their Spanish counterparts) 16 games into the season, they have showed nothing to be considered as favorites against a juggernaut like Barça. I don't think that they would be favorites against us (we have a far superior squad) and I am quite sure that the bookies will agree should we draw them.

I am not saying that they cannot defeat us but the respect that some of the users give them is absurd. It's like Barça was Bournemouth or something. We are talking about a team that lost to QSG, Napoli and Crvena Zvezda. That barely qualified. They were a miss from Milik away from playing in the Europa League. Yes, I do know that Liverpool had chances of their own as well but if you can't score on them it's your own fault.

I understand that Liverpool is the favorite choice of hipsters nowadays (I have nothing against Liverpool personally) and that people like their playing style (I do as well by large compared to your average English team) and that they find Klopp entertaining (I do too and rather like him as well) but come on.

If RM's defense can deal with Liverpool (rather easily) as well as all their opponents in this years CL, what makes you think that they will score 3-4 goals against us away from home? That's an absurd claim with all due respect. I know that this Roma game is in the back of our heads (mine too) but that was a freak result that we will likely not see in the next 10 years or more.

So it is not a case of me not rating Liverpool at all but a case of people vastly overrating them IMO. Look at their defence (other than Van Djiik which world class defender do they have) and most importantly their midfield. Does not exactly scream of world class but it works in the PL and barely worked in the CL this season so far.

For me the 3 major reasons why I want this Barcelona to avoid Liverpool is :

1) Valverde inevitably fielding a Arthur-Busi-Rakitic midfield that is just begging to be overrun (+ him playing them every game)
2) Liverpool while being very underwhelming this season are slowly regaining their form and especially Salah , he was amazing against Napoli.
3) 4 QF exits and a 7-0 thrashing from Bayern in the last 6 years just doesn't instill confidence in me.

I mean ofc a Barca and especially Messi on point can defeat any team , but I would honesly prefer if Barca just avoids any good teams for now.

KingLeo10

1. Play against Ajax
2. Beat them
3. Impress FDJ and De Light so that they will do everything to join us
4. ???
5. Profit

EV would lose to them on purpose just so he can buy david luiz and willian instead of FDJ and de light :valverde:

Neymessi

Manu are pretty crap but if we tie I am sure they will give us a fight and may even win specially with the way we are playing and EV.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I want Roma and I want revenge.

But under Valverde I am not sure if it is going to be revenge or shooting ourselves in the foot.

Last edited:
Manu are pretty crap but if we tie I am sure they will give us a fight and may even win specially with the way we are playing and EV.

Right they would play with 200% motivation and if we play relaxed like many games this season we will lose. Barca has to win the Champions League this season!!
Its so funny we have the GOAT and only won the Cl two times in last 9 years...

Givenchy

this. i see alot of clubs fans hoping for United but Mourinho will no doubt be extra motivated vs us and he'll turn the game into a shitfest scrappy affair, EV will get sonned by his father

Luis Suarez

I want Liverpool. We've already played the other teams at various stages of the Champions League. Can't remember us ever playing Liverpool.

If you want to win it all you have to beat them all.

Wonder if the draw on Monday will be "oil-rigged"? :)

I'm just not convinced by City or even Juventus.

I do think PSG is stronger this season than many people give them credit for.

Borussia Dortmund under Lucien Favre creep under the radar and surprise a lot of people.

You just know that Atletico and Simeone will go all out to play the Champions League Final in their own stadium.

Barca are the favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans