User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who'd you like to face next in the CL?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liverpool

    10 16.39%
  • Schalke

    20 32.79%
  • Ajax

    8 13.11%
  • United

    8 13.11%
  • Lyon

    0 0%
  • Roma

    15 24.59%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65

Thread: Who'd you like to face next in the Round of 16 at Champions League?

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man Utd or Roma

    Humiliating either team would be nice.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Jägermeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    1,395
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaugrana Bull View Post
    Schalke so I will be able to be in the stands.
    How would you get the tickets?

  3. #33
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,176
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cule4life View Post
    We can't face them they topped their group. Seriously do you even watch football?
    Literally in the post above i explained what happened. And no i don't watch Borechester United and Hala Juve

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    catalinutzR80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting perfection in the Women's thread
    Posts
    12,039
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jägermeister View Post
    How would you get the tickets?
    i think he's going to buy them
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"


    - I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

  5. #35
    Member
    Cule For Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schalke, but wouldn't mind giving Liverpool a beating.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10,772
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roma would have us the most fired up so I would like them.

    I wouldn't be afraid of Liverpool or United either. I just enjoy facing English teams.
    Puyol #5

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    FC B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shalke is the obvious choice but I reckon would be a too simple task so I opted for Roma but ofc, every team would be fine except Liverpool.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Leo_Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Italo-Spaniard in exile.
    Posts
    2,485
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Associazione Sportiva Roma. In other words AS Roma. Nothing will ever correct that absolutely dreadful and disgusting night in Rome 8 months ago but drawing Roma and absolutely obliterating them (I have nothing against Roma otherwise) would certainly be a start.

    Not to say that they are a mess this season and that they were twice the team last season. Even if they were thrice the team last season we should have buried that tie completely in the first game let alone in the return leg. Truly awful and pathetic stuff.

    Either that or the easiest (on paper) opponent in Schalke.

    Man Utd could be fun as well.

    As for Liverpool I am not as afraid of them as many users here appear to be. I think that we can defeat them without a doubt and they are nothing special really. People who claim that we will lose 100% should find another sport to watch.
    Bartomeu Dimissió!

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,986
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody wants Lyon.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    4,672
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Messi View Post
    Associazione Sportiva Roma. In other words AS Roma. Nothing will ever correct that absolutely dreadful and disgusting night in Rome 8 months ago but drawing Roma and absolutely obliterating them (I have nothing against Roma otherwise) would certainly be a start.

    Not to say that they are a mess this season and that they were twice the team last season. Even if they were thrice the team last season we should have buried that tie completely in the first game let alone in the return leg. Truly awful and pathetic stuff.

    Either that or the easiest (on paper) opponent in Schalke.

    Man Utd could be fun as well.

    As for Liverpool I am not as afraid of them as many users here appear to be. I think that we can defeat them without a doubt and they are nothing special really. People who claim that we will lose 100% should find another sport to watch.

    Why are you so confident vs Liverpool? Their playing style seems to be poison vs Us. We are slow, they are fast in counter attack and every time they would have a ball we would be in terrible spot. I think they would score 3-4 goals vs us at Anfield. Our slowass possession game doesnt work vs Liverpool.

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    Givenchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,476
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Why are you so confident vs Liverpool? Their playing style seems to be poison vs Us. We are slow, they are fast in counter attack and every time they would have a ball we would be in terrible spot. I think they would score 3-4 goals vs us at Anfield. Our slowass possession game doesnt work vs Liverpool.
    people said the same about Spurs and we beat them at their home. then they also said we'd get stuffed playing our b team and yet we weren't far off winning 1-0. its normal to be cautious especially with EV but we shouldn't fear anyone as this season the CL could easily go to any one of Liverpool/Barca/City/Juve/Bayern

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    7,289
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Play against Ajax
    2. Beat them
    3. Impress FDJ and De Light so that they will do everything to join us
    4. ???
    5. Profit

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Leo_Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Italo-Spaniard in exile.
    Posts
    2,485
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Why are you so confident vs Liverpool? Their playing style seems to be poison vs Us. We are slow, they are fast in counter attack and every time they would have a ball we would be in terrible spot. I think they would score 3-4 goals vs us at Anfield. Our slowass possession game doesnt work vs Liverpool.
    Because Liverpool has had nothing to show for in the past 12 seasons other than a single League Cup (Mickey Mouse Cup) win 6 years ago where they barely defeated Cardiff on penalties. I know that this is the past and not really relevant to point out but we are not talking about RM, Atlético, Juve, Bayern etc. here who have shown much, much more in recent years at the highest level domestically and on the European scene.
    Other than a rather lucky CL run last year (City should have kicked them out) and being schooled by RM in the final, while barely ending fourth in the domestic league, and a good start in the league (where City and Liverpool are far ahead of all their opponents, not saying much, as most English teams are significantly worse than their Spanish counterparts) 16 games into the season, they have showed nothing to be considered as favorites against a juggernaut like Barça. I don't think that they would be favorites against us (we have a far superior squad) and I am quite sure that the bookies will agree should we draw them.

    I am not saying that they cannot defeat us but the respect that some of the users give them is absurd. It's like Barça was Bournemouth or something. We are talking about a team that lost to QSG, Napoli and Crvena Zvezda. That barely qualified. They were a miss from Milik away from playing in the Europa League. Yes, I do know that Liverpool had chances of their own as well but if you can't score on them it's your own fault.

    I understand that Liverpool is the favorite choice of hipsters nowadays (I have nothing against Liverpool personally) and that people like their playing style (I do as well by large compared to your average English team) and that they find Klopp entertaining (I do too and rather like him as well) but come on.

    If RM's defense can deal with Liverpool (rather easily) as well as all their opponents in this years CL, what makes you think that they will score 3-4 goals against us away from home? That's an absurd claim with all due respect. I know that this Roma game is in the back of our heads (mine too) but that was a freak result that we will likely not see in the next 10 years or more.

    So it is not a case of me not rating Liverpool at all but a case of people vastly overrating them IMO. Look at their defence (other than Van Djiik which world class defender do they have) and most importantly their midfield. Does not exactly scream of world class but it works in the PL and barely worked in the CL this season so far.
    Last edited by Leo_Messi; 13th December 2018 at 11:07 PM.
    Bartomeu Dimissió!

  14. #44
    Calma, calma
    footyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,299
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Everyone but Liverpool would be fine.
    The opposite. Liverpool would be the best. Would be some great games.

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    4,672
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Messi View Post
    Because Liverpool has had nothing to show for in the past 12 seasons other than a single League Cup (Mickey Mouse Cup) win 6 years ago where they barely defeated Cardiff on penalties. I know that this is the past and not really relevant to point out but we are not talking about RM, Atlético, Juve, Bayern etc. here who have shown much, much more in recent years at the highest level domestically and on the European scene.
    Other than a rather lucky CL run last year (City should have kicked them out) and being schooled by RM in the final, while barely ending fourth in the domestic league, and a good start in the league (where City and Liverpool are far ahead of all their opponents, not saying much, as most English teams are significantly worse than their Spanish counterparts) 16 games into the season, they have showed nothing to be considered as favorites against a juggernaut like Barça. I don't think that they would be favorites against us (we have a far superior squad) and I am quite sure that the bookies will agree should we draw them.

    I am not saying that they cannot defeat us but the respect that some of the users give them is absurd. It's like Barça was Bournemouth or something. We are talking about a team that lost to QSG, Napoli and Crvena Zvezda. That barely qualified. They were a miss from Milik away from playing in the Europa League. Yes, I do know that Liverpool had chances of their own as well but if you can't score on them it's your own fault.

    I understand that Liverpool is the favorite choice of hipsters nowadays (I have nothing against Liverpool personally) and that people like their playing style (I do as well by large compared to your average English team) and that they find Klopp entertaining (I do too and rather like him as well) but come on.

    If RM's defense can deal with Liverpool (rather easily) as well as all their opponents in this years CL, what makes you think that they will score 3-4 goals against us away from home? That's an absurd claim with all due respect. I know that this Roma game is in the back of our heads (mine too) but that was a freak result that we will likely not see in the next 10 years or more.

    So it is not a case of me not rating Liverpool at all but a case of people vastly overrating them IMO. Look at their defence (other than Van Djiik which world class defender do they have) and most importantly their midfield. Does not exactly scream of world class but it works in the PL and barely worked in the CL this season so far.
    In the last 3 years we have been trashed away by PSG, Juventus and Rome. This is not an incident anymore. We suck away and we need to find a way to play better in away matches.