Ilaix Moriba

Porque

Pretty standard Ilaix game for those who haven't seen him before. There's no Xfactor that he didn't show, but he will grow as this type of mid.

fergus90

Pretty standard Ilaix game for those who haven't seen him before. There's no Xfactor that he didn't show, but he will grow as this type of mid.

I watched him only once before but unfortunately he was pretty poor when I saw him, lost the ball constantly. Did well tonight though and he seems highly rated at the club.

mc_lovin

He looks like a heavier version of Pogba, which is a good thing because thats a better fit for de Jong I suppose.

I would be surprised if he doesnt get promoted next season... I dont see us buying (or having the money for) another physical midfielder, and I dont think we should go for one if Ilaix looks (physically) ready already. Hes impressive to say the least. Hes still raw on a technical level, but I am sure he could play a simplified role next to Frenkie and Pedri.

Generelly I am not a fan of (too) young/inexperienced squads, but feck it, we have what looks like the best La Masia generation in ages. And Corona. I wouldnt be opposed to promoting Balde either (well, thats a stretch to be fair).

khaled_a_d

He looks like a heavier version of Pogba, which is a good thing because thats a better fit for de Jong I suppose.

I would be surprised if he doesnt get promoted next season... I dont see us buying (or having the money for) another physical midfielder, and I dont think we should go for one if Ilaix looks (physically) ready already. Hes impressive to say the least. Hes still raw on a technical level, but I am sure he could play a simplified role next to Frenkie and Pedri.

Generelly I am not a fan of (too) young/inexperienced squads, but feck it, we have what looks like the best La Masia generation in ages. And Corona. I wouldnt be opposed to promoting Balde either (well, thats a stretch to be fair).

Don't really see the comparison with Pogba, who was stronger, taller and more athletic at same age.
Always sounded like a lazy comparison to me tbh

Problem with going full youth that it can be hurtful to many of those youth themselves

mc_lovin

Don't really see the comparison with Pogba, who was stronger, taller and more athletic at same age.
Always sounded like a lazy comparison to me tbh

Problem with going full youth that it can be hurtful to many of those youth themselves

I wouldnt call Pogba stronger at the same age, but definitely more athletic and elegant. But, yeah, the Pogba comparison is lazy. Ilaix looks much more of a DM to me as well.

About promoting them too soon and hurting them in the process: tough to say. Its a valid point for sure, but it feels like clubs got a better handle on that lately. More and more U20s already have an impact. And quite frankly we need our youngsters to step up right now. Baptism by fire. I would understand the club if they want to take things slower though.

Porque

I think the nearest stylistic comparison (and I am not suggesting he will reach those heights) is Patrick Vieira.

Pogba has always had way more offensive output than what Ilaix shows.

Andresito

Staff member
This season's Ansu?

Koeman showing a great deal of confidence in him, let's hope he repays it with a stunning performance and become a candidate for future games.

BarcaOG

Banned
i thought he did well bar the mistake. its fine, you make mistakes, you learn. i just hope he gets more minutes

soul24rage

seemed nervous and had some bad touches and passes (especially for the alaves goal)

As long as he learns from it, i'm fine with it.

Home of Barca Fans