Ilaix Moriba

Marshall D Teach

Another reason we should keep Koeman. Can you imagine the likes of Valverde giving chances to these kids?
In these times in particular, Barca needs a manager who looks beyond his resume. One who will look 3 or 5 years in the future and for the good of the club.

As far back as I can remember almost all big managers we had were building for the future. Cruyff, Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Pep. Only Lucho could have done more in that department.

With Lucho it made sense because we had a team that could win things now. Prime MSN etc. In his last year he was trying to start moving on from the old guard when it was clear they were beginning to decline.

vegitot

Another reason we should keep Koeman. Can you imagine the likes of Valverde giving chances to these kids?
In these times in particular, Barca needs a manager who looks beyond his resume. One who will look 3 or 5 years in the future and for the good of the club.

As far back as I can remember almost all big managers we had were building for the future. Cruyff, Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Pep. Only Lucho could have done more in that department.

Eh Fati, Aruajo under Valverde??? He kept Araujo instead of Tobido and no one complain now.
Under Cruyff, only Pep and Sergi were two memorable players from Masia. De Na Pena was more impressive under Robson.

The hype train on Moriba is still early though.

khaled_a_d

Ilaix and Puig both fit. Actually complement each other well in terms of style. Don't think it should be one or the other. They provide different things.

They provide different things for sure, but both will get minutes at same position which will make it a competition between both for minutes.
We have 3 spots in midfield, one is DM and 2 others for CM/CAM
Neither are DM, and niether is FDJ ( 3 coaches in row don't play him there) which leaves 1 spot that is vacant due to Pedri absence

Bobo32

I think he looked better from the LCM position - this seems to be Puigs best role as well.
But I think one of the best games of the year was when they both played together, with Busquets behind them, some games ago. In that game I wasn't at all impressed with Ilaix though, but after yesterday I will be curious to see him a bit more. I think the scenario yesterday suited him well, and I don't know how he'll do in a calmer game but let's find out.

xXKonan

Eh Fati, Aruajo under Valverde??? He kept Araujo instead of Tobido and no one complain now.
Under Cruyff, only Pep and Sergi were two memorable players from Masia. De Na Pena was more impressive under Robson.

The hype train on Moriba is still early though.
I'll give you Fati but while Valverde rated Araujo, I highly doubt he would have played as much as he has this season even with Pique being out.

Valverde wouldn't have the stones to trust Araujo or even give someone like Mingueza a role in this team even if Pique was out or use as a tactical option. For the most part he would have just used the bullshit LCB pairing such as Umtiti-Lenglet in most games with Araujo getting scraps here and there or even use FDJ as an RCB if needed.

Even if Valverde trusted Araujo more than I stated above, once Pique got back he would have been banished to the bench even though Lenglet and Umtiti are both shit and Pique isn't exactly great because Valverde would rather try and somehow play those three back into form than rewarding someone like Araujo.

Maybe things would be different in another Timeline but Valverde is pretty predictable especially when it comes to the Defense/Midfield as he favored Experience.

cro-man

I think its too soon to throw him into such a big game like it was against sevilla.

Give him some playing time against small teams.

mc_lovin

I always thought he was supposed to be some kind of diva, but he looks pretty grounded/mature. Biggest compliment you can give him right now is that he doesn't look out of place, which is special for young players. I am hopeful.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Rather see Ilaix and Puig in the squad constantly getting their sub appearances than carrying deadweight like Coutinho and Pjanic on huge wages.

BBZ8800

He is so strong. BBZ mark approved.

Yes.
And seems confident, cocky in a positive way and not impressed.

Doesn't look like a typical clone of a La Masia nice guy&possession merchant midfielder.

Approved, of course.

** He is good at passing, creation, attacking third, passion.

The only thing to test in the future is his defending, tackles and defensive positioning.
The sample is too small for now, plus he is young.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans