Ilaix Moriba

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I agree with this, plus Moriba is big strong and athletic. A hard worker defensively. He will probably give a go in the copa match next week or super cup.

Is he actually that strong and physical as a player? Or just more so than other players in his age group? I thought it was the latter and that was why he hasn't been that remarkable for the B team?

Andresito

Staff member
Is he actually that strong and physical as a player? Or just more so than other players in his age group? I thought it was the latter and that was why he hasn't been that remarkable for the B team?

It's exactly the way you describe it. He hasn't fully learned how to make use of his body in the best way.

Jallo

It's exactly the way you describe it. He hasn't fully learned how to make use of his body in the best way.

I disagree he knows how to use his body his defensive work rate and ability has improved a lot to the detriment of his offense and associative play. I think if he combines his strength with associative player he will be unstoppable. He is very capable of doing this too.

xXKonan

Ilaix Moriba will be registered as a ‘Barcelona B’ player next week, it’s a done deal. He will continue to take part in the first-team sessions as of now.
@santiovalle

xXKonan

Playing right now for the B team and from what people are saying so far he's playing the best game he has had all season.

serghei

Playing right now for the B team and from what people are saying so far he's playing the best game he has had all season.

How is he like? Could he be the next big thing in the first team? Haven't seen much of him but based on youtube highlights he doesn't seem too fast, but seems to be using his body well in physical duels.

xXKonan

How is he like? Could he be the next big thing in the first team? Haven't seen much of him but based on youtube highlights he doesn't seem too fast, but seems to be using his body well in physical duels.
He's not like the usual La Masia Midfielders you usually see but he's gifted and often he's been compared to Pogba in terms of style.

Not had a great season but still, there's a good reason why the club was desperate to hold on to him along with Fati, he's considered one of the best prospects we have.

khaled_a_d

The previous board had same faith at him as Fati, so that should give us hope.
He isn't typical la masia midfielder, more physical (but not freak like Pogba, whom some go overboard and compare him to) with some speed too.

Raketa10

I watched second half vs Badalona and he was invisible. Pimienta subbed him off in 80th minute. It's hard to judge a player based on 35 minutes but he was slow with and without the ball, his positioning was bad and he showed a very low work rate during that second half. I really hope he is usually much better than he was during that second half as this was pretty bad for such a hyped talent.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Needs time. Can't see him contributing to the first team regularly this season.

Played with a lot of passion though.

Home of Barca Fans