CL | Round 6: Barca - Tottenham 1-1

shadows

Watching Arthur and Alena play was good..Both of them are good and Alena should be part of the rotation and not just unused sub every game...However, Sad to say this but our midfield looked much better with Rakitic as the sole DM than Busquets ..He is caught out way too easily and is not a good sight.. Overall, considering most of them haven't played anywhere close to 2 games per head, it was a fine performance indeed against a seasoned premier league team... With the subs, I was unhappy with bringing Messi on..But Denis i can understand...

MagIX

I'd rather get Salah than Kane ... better fit , better player and will be far cheaper ... Spurs are a nightmare to deal with ..

Another light-weight darf? Instead of who should he play?
CF Suarez will be 32...

Last edited:

Porque

This game was made for Vidal. But fair play to Valverde for leaving Arthur and Alena on for the 90 minutes as they both needed it. One for recuperation and the other to assess his first team level.

Arthur lacked fitness and Alena loses his positional sense too easily. That with Spurs intensity lost the midfield battle.

Also you can see Coutinho isnt enjoying. He has lost his explosive step and timing. Still not fully recovered from his injury.

Only other thing to add was how good Cillesen was. Without him Spurs could of won 4 or 5-1.

gregorrin10

Man i really hate our mentality under Fraudverde...instead of keeping to attack and bring beautiful football to Camp Nou in a meaningless match, where we're still better than our opponents we defend a one goal lead in a match, where it was absolutely not needed, and then concede in the end. This is why i want EV gone, tonight's match perfectly showed everything that's wrong with us under his management. Dembele's goal was marvelous, why didn't we continue to play like that. I'll tell you why, because EV told them not to. I mean yeah sure, Coutinho was unlucky with the 2 posts, but still.

MagIX

He is a marvellous player , ideally suited to us and is capable of moments of magic ..... Harry is none of the above
Imho

That’s not the point.
You were talking about Salah and Kane...we absolutely do not need
Salah. I would rather buy Kane because our CF Suarez is getting old (32),
Kane or not, we need to look after a new CF

Last edited:

eaman

Man i really hate our mentality under Fraudverde...instead of keeping to attack and bring beautiful football to Camp Nou in a meaningless match, where we're still better than our opponents we defend a one goal lead in a match, where it was absolutely not needed, and then concede in the end. This is why i want EV gone, tonight's match perfectly showed everything that's wrong with us under his management. Dembele's goal was marvelous, why didn't we continue to play like that. I'll tell you why, because EV told them not to. I mean yeah sure, Coutinho was unlucky with the 2 posts, but still.

I'm sure valverde wanted them to keep it up but some of the players just didn't do it after 20 minutes. Dembeles goal was brilliant but some of his passing was bad at times. Also semedo needs to do more going forward. I hope we don't see those two centre backs together in any important games anyway

Zidane82

That’s not the point.
You were talking about Salah and Kane...we absolutely do not need
Salah. I would rather buy Kane because our CF Suarez is getting old (32),
Kane or not, we need to look after a new CF

Salah plays CF in most of Liverpools games now

Ursegor

World Champion
Alena will never make it here or at any other top club. Already know this after watching 1 full game of him against a good side. Nothing to do with "getting used to teammates" or "needs right coaching" either. You see some actions, how he has difficulties controling a simple bouncing ball and it's obvious he's nothing special. The next Samper.

eaman

Alena will never make it here or at any other top club. Already know this after watching 1 full game of him against a good side. Nothing to do with "getting used to teammates" or "needs right coaching" either. You see some actions, how he has difficulties controling a simple bouncing ball and it's obvious he's nothing special. The next Samper.

I must've missed that coz I saw alot of good controls and some nice movements to get him away from difficult situations

Home of Barca Fans