CL | Round 6: Barca - Tottenham 1-1

henias

Yes, because winning a CL game in early December will hurt our chances in the QFs 3 months down the line!

Most of you in here need to calm down and understand that this is not the game to rest players. There will be tons of CDR and easy league home games later during the winter months in which any and all starters can be rested.

This is a game we need to win for pure prestige and nothing else. How would you like it if Spurs broke our awesome home CL record?

The problem is he hardly ever rested them anyway if it weren't for injuries, which is why most see this match as a clear opportunity to rest.

Right, there will be tons of CDR and easy league games... which he wont rest either.

soul24rage

Yes, because winning a CL game in early December will hurt our chances in the QFs 3 months down the line!

Most of you in here need to calm down and understand that this is not the game to rest players or introduce youngsters from Segunda B. There will be tons of CDR and easy league home games later during the winter months in which any and all starters can be rested and youngsters tested.

This is a game we need to win for pure prestige and nothing else. How would you like it if Spurs broke our awesome home CL record?

Why is this not the game to rest players or play Barca B players? You think EV is going to play Barca B players in the CDR and easy league home games? If you think so, then you don't know EV that well. We have to think of the long term and rest as many players as possible so we don't get fking burned out like we did for the past 3 years with a bunch of 30+ year old veterans. Also I would gladly give up our home record, if it means a chance to rest players and give B players experience.

Centauri B

Why is this not the game to rest players or play Barca B players? You think EV is going to play Barca B players in the CDR and easy league home games? If you think so, then you don't know EV that well. We have to think of the long term and rest as many players as possible so we don't get fking burned out like we did for the past 3 years with a bunch of 30+ year old veterans. Also I would gladly give up our home record, if it means a chance to rest players and give B players experience.

Playing against one of the best teams in the Prem, is not how you test players from Segunda B. Let them prove they can do it against Gijon first, and then we see what else they can do. Personally, the last thing I want is for the team to burn out like last year or 2016, but one CL game is not going to burn them out, trust me. Messi missed lots of games due to injury, Coutinho also missed several games, same as Arthur. These guys should be playing. Dembele has been somewhat underused until now, same as Vidal. They should also be playing. Rest Biscuits, Alba and Pique at the most.

The problem is he hardly ever rested them anyway if it weren't for injuries, which is why most see this match as a clear opportunity to rest.

Right, there will be tons of CDR and easy league games... which he wont rest either.

If EV does not rest key players in the CDR, then I will be bitching even more than you are now. But for just this one game, that comes 5 entire days before a game against Levante, I am willing to cut EV some slack.

Centauri B

Co you remember th lineup Ernie fielded against Huesca? At home... This will be the case in all games in the league and in all Copa matches from New Year on. It's potentially the last game we have nothing to play for in this season. From now on it's just knockouts and Liga.

Play weakened teams in the CDR.

I also believe that we are winning La Liga no matter what this season. There will be games to rest players in the league as well, especially when CL KOs begin. That Huesca game was at the start of the season and we needed some confidence. Save your outrage for when it's appropriate.

Cule4life

The Culest
Spoilt fans not appreciating Valverde calling up 1 B team player to the squad. Last time i checked 1>0 so have some respect for Mr. "We don't want to burden players"

PhilS

The only players who have been showing signs of being tired recently are Rakitic and Busquets. I'd like to see them split the Tot game, with both Arthur and Vidal starting in midfield.

Messi is not tired, he was on fire against Espanol. No manager in the world would not start him vs. Tot.

Suarez is getting this game off. Coutinho just got most of a game off. The team has no backup now for either Semedo or Alba. It would be suicide to start a minor leaguer like Miranda against those Tot forwards. Pique, well, CB is not really a full-time job for a possession team like Barca. Pique should set a career record for minutes played this year, he can handle it.

Porque

Spoilt fans not appreciating Valverde calling up 1 B team player to the squad. Last time i checked 1>0 so have some respect for Mr. "We don't want to burden players"

Exactly. Barcelona B played on sunday too. Valverde cares about Riqui Puig and didnt want to overrun his poor little legs. Ernesto is like an undercover CareBear with the warmest heart and misunderstood on this forum.

But I did hear a rumour (and don't let it get out as the source is very strong and does not want it coming back to them) that Riqui is seriously considering changing his name to Riquitic to guarantee first team minutes.

shadows

Most of you in here need to calm down and understand that this is not the game to rest players or introduce youngsters from Segunda B. There will be tons of CDR and easy league home games later during the winter months in which any and all starters can be rested and youngsters tested.

Food for thought: How would you like it if someone suffered an injury in this meaningless game considering Spurs may play hard and considering our present injury situation?

TBH, this is not a game we need to win at all..It is the perfect chance to experiment but as usual Mr Safety first ..I am not sure if he knows we have won this group already and have nothing to play for :D

Plus if you remember the 2008-09 treble season, we played the last game as a dead rubber against Shakthar ..Do you know what the line up was?

Joquera Cáceres Pique Victor Sanchez Keita Sylvinho Busquets Vazquez Bojan Pedro Hleb.. Remember this was when Pique, Pedro, Busquets and Keita were bench players..and guess what ...we lost 2-3 at the Camp Nou.. DOes anyone care today? Hell i just vaguely remembered it and looked it up to get exact details...

Exactly. Barcelona B played on sunday too. Valverde cares about Riqui Puig and didnt want to overrun his poor little legs. Ernesto is like an undercover CareBear with the warmest heart and misunderstood on this forum.

But I did hear a rumour (and don't let it get out as the source is very strong and does not want it coming back to them) that Riqui is seriously considering changing his name to Riquitic to guarantee first team minutes.

:D That may work you know..Plus as someone pointed out, Valverde is resting players ..of the Barca B team to ensure they dont get burnt out ...a Visionary indeed :valverde2:

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Nice one :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Valverde wasnt clear on Messi yesterday. He hinted we might start without Messi as well. Any new info on this?

Home of Barca Fans