CL | Round 6: Barca - Tottenham 1-1

Centauri B

Food for thought: How would you like it if someone suffered an injury in this meaningless game considering Spurs may play hard and considering our present injury situation?

TBH, this is not a game we need to win at all..It is the perfect chance to experiment but as usual Mr Safety first ..I am not sure if he knows we have won this group already and have nothing to play for :D

Plus if you remember the 2008-09 treble season, we played the last game as a dead rubber against Shakthar ..Do you know what the line up was?

Joquera Cáceres Pique Victor Sanchez Keita Sylvinho Busquets Vazquez Bojan Pedro Hleb.. Remember this was when Pique, Pedro, Busquets and Keita were bench players..and guess what ...we lost 2-3 at the Camp Nou.. DOes anyone care today? Hell i just vaguely remembered it and looked it up to get exact details...

:D That may work you know..Plus as someone pointed out, Valverde is resting players ..of the Barca B team to ensure they dont get burnt out ...a Visionary indeed :valverde2:

I know that we don't have to win this game. I can see the rationale behind what you are saying, but still, we can get injuries at any time throughout the season, not throwing away this game will not be our undoing. In any case, we are now entering a period in which the games become less frequent and there will not be a CL game for months to come.

In fact I do remember that Shaktar game. I also recall many other 6th round games in which we had already secured top spot and fielded weakened sides (Benfica, BATE, Kazan) but I don't think that there is any serious reason for us to go too easy on this one. Moreover, we have more depth than in previous years.

pepi

Didn't he sign a clause he will play every game ? Can't remember where i read this but it looks like it's true.

Raketa10

I would go with:

Cillessen
Semedo Vermaelen Lenglet Miranda
Arthur Vidal Alena
Dembele Messi Coutinho

i_bleed_blaugrana

I know it’s not gonna happen but I’m TOTALLY against any of our starters playing this game. I’d go no Messi, Rakitic, Coutinho, Busquets, Luis or Alba.

We have nothing to lose by losing this game and I think it’d be a great test to see where our youth players are at. They need to know what it’s like to play against a top team so I’m not sure why people want our galas today.

shadows

So as per the expected line up, Rakitic is back in the starting line as expected after being sufficiently rested for a grand total of 10 minutes last weekend :valverde2:

Not sure why Valverde would speculate on resting Messi and then starting him.. Stupid decision by both coach and player if it were true as we need a fresh messi for important games..

Andresito

Staff member
[tw]1072500952584871936[/tw]

Helena Condis, thinks this could be the lineup.

That's a near perfect eleven, that's why I doubt it's true.

It would be perfect to swap Rakitic for Riqui in the second half. Fucking Valverde..

Ripsta

Can this CUNT please stop playing Coutinho out wide? Fucking arsehole hasn't got a clue how to use him properly.

xXKonan

DuKCU-AWoAAt6KR.jpg

Home of Barca Fans