CL | Round 6: Barca - Tottenham 1-1

Centauri B

The game is meaningless in terms of qualification, but in my mind it's anything but. This is a CL game against a big team from the England. I want us to to go for another great result and for Leo Messi to keep scoring CL goals.

Strongest possible line-up please.

xXKonan

DuE3FutXcAAotpP.jpg

Squad list.

soul24rage

ugh only one B Barca player?? The only 3 things to gain from this match would be giving B players more experience, giving match fitness to Arthur and Coutinho and Messi trying to catch up on CL goals. Why not use this match for giving a unique opportunity for B players?

EDIT: my new lineup

Jasper---Semedo, Pique, Vermaelen, Miranda---Arthur, Rakitic, Alena---Messi, Munir, Coutinho

EV is always going to play Rakitic so fk it let's play him and suffer the consequence in the future.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

I don't understand why a player like Puig was not called up. I would have liked to see him against a quality opponent like Tottenham (who have everything to play for) to see how well he would do. I have no doubt that he would do well. Maybe Valverde is trying a more cautious approach (not exactly a surprise from his part) or Puig is tired after playing 3 games in 7 days, 2 of them in its entirety.

It is a meaningless game result wise but it is nevertheless a CL game at home against an English top club. Messi would likely want to add a goal or two to his current tally. There is also the "fair play" aspect seeing that both Tottenham and Inter can yet qualify.

In an ideal world the starting formation should be a mix of first team players and B-team players the likes of Puig, Miranda etc.

Luckily there are 5 days between the Tottenham game and the rather difficult away game against Levante. So maybe the lack of more B-team players won't have any impact but I am at least content that Valverde has claimed that there will be rotations. A shame with Malcom's injury. Would have been an ideal game for him given that Tottenham will not sit back and defend unless they take the lead.

Joan

Would've liked to see Chumi on the list. Not that I have particularly high hopes for him, but could be tested whether or not he might be the backup needed during the spring.

shadows

Valverde never ceases to surprise me with truly how incompetent at this job he is ..if that squad list is correct.. Playing full strength on a meaningless game of no consequences..and yet 1 B team player in that list..He doesn't even rotate on such games. We are gonna get Rakitic plus 10 others aren't we :valverde:
Plus such things are probably why we won't win the Champions league with this bafoon in charge who can't even rest/rotate players (as in don't pick them for gods sake) for a meaningful match and burns them out when the crucial part of the season comes along...

Although Valverde did say Suarez is definitely out of tomorrow's game..Sure this is the squad?

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Again with the shit squad list...where is Puig? Oriol? Even Chumi could be called up no problem, now once again one of Pique/Lenglet will have to play in this meaningless game. Rakitic, Pique, Busquets will probably play 90 minutes again...maybe even Alba and Suarez. :lol:

shadows

Again with the shit squad list...where is Puig? Oriol? Even Chumi could be called up no problem, now once again one of Pique/Lenglet will have to play in this meaningless game. Rakitic, Pique, Busquets will probably play 90 minutes again...maybe even Alba and Suarez. :lol:

Suarez is definitely out..... were you expecting anything other than 90 minutes for Rakitic though?? :valverde:

soul24rage

ugh spurs are going to be fighting for their lives as a win will guarantee them to the knockout stage. Expecting some hard challenges on our players.

Joan

Would it even be fair if we gave up on this match and went out with the B squad? It could possibly decide the outcome of the group. Should probably start with the strong lineup.

shadows

Would it even be fair if we gave up on this match and went out with the B squad? It could possibly decide the outcome of the group. Should probably start with the strong lineup.

Think we should worry about our over played players than fairness TBH.. Every single one of them has been overplayed by Valverde..and the last thing we want is for them to go all out in a meaningless game for us.. But well Mr "we dont want experiments" Conservative knows better :valverde2:

Home of Barca Fans