Ibrahima Konate

Sorin

So, Konate and Havertz on the shopping list next summer? With Ten Hag as a coach and I would be happy. Also clear the deadwood.

We'll probably chase Neymar again, for 200m and the whole summer.

Riordon

So, Konate and Havertz on the shopping list next summer? With Ten Hag as a coach and I would be happy. Also clear the deadwood.

I’m in. Konaté, Havertz/Aouar(still can’t decide lol) and a true 9 to replace Suárez. Planning is everything, the quicker we tie them the better

snowy

yeah man! I saw the 1st half against Bayern. Konate played like a boss!

Think there were about 8 danger situations he saved. Havertz would be an awesome sign! Aouar is pretty amazing too.

Riordon

yeah man! I saw the 1st half against Bayern. Konate played like a boss!

Think there were about 8 danger situations he saved. Havertz would be an awesome sign! Aouar is pretty amazing too.

In principle we could go for both Havertz and Aouar. Havertz as a very advanced midfielder or 10 in a 4231 and Aouar as a replacement for Rakitic, Vidal, Alena(?) to rotate with Arthur and Frenkie

snowy

They're both quality! Kai's always been a Barca fan and Iniesta is Houssem's idol and fav player. He calls him The Reference.

If we were to add 2 more MF to the pack though, we'd either have to do a Battle Royale purge or find some new destinations for a few of the current ones. Even then, coach will need to rotate/sub regularly, and not just in mf but also the forwards to ensure every1 gets adequate playtime.

but yeah would definitely be DOPE!

Leo_Messi

Great to hear that my man had a brilliant game and that what I had read about his performance and WhoScored's rating were accurate descriptions of his game.

When I wrote, almost 1 year ago, that I had rarely seen a more complete CB than Konaté, I was not joking. I have always been a fan of Varane and lamented us not getting him back in the day so it would be awful to miss out on Konaté.

You rarely see such an awesome combination of physical strength, pace, technical ability, maturity and reading of the game in such a young player. The Bundesliga might not be La Liga or EPL level wise but it is the third or fourth best league in the world depending on how you rate nowadays Serie A. Lightyears ahead of the Eredivisie for instance.

I was always of the opinion that Konaté was a superior player to MDL and a much better fit for us even when it looked certain that we would buy MDL.

However my raving about his abilities won't mean anything if the board does not do what they should do which is to sign him next summer before his price becomes even higher.

1 year ago he was mostly unknown, not so much the case nowadays.

Last edited:

snowy

For real! He was playing with so much composure it was impressive. Bayern were completely dominating possession and were playing a high, aggressive game but whenever a player was coming for a header, or receiving a pass on the wings, or attempting a shot from outside the box, he was THERE! I swear, it's like he was teleporting himself. He reads the game so well.

Off the top of my head, I remember him a rock and Gnabry trying to push off his axe so as to get the ball. Couldn't move him an inch :smug:
then 5 min later or so, Neuer kicked the ball long, Lewa went for it but guess who was there? That's riiiiiight. So Lewa saw he'll never get the ball so instead he tried to trick the ref into a blowing a foul and threw himself face 1st into King Kon's shoulder. Ever seen a mosquito splatter against a windshield at 100 miles per hr? that was pretty much it haha 10 min later, he was still rubbing his nose

As for getting him on the cheap, that ship's already sailed I fear... One of the commentators even called him one of the BL's greatest sensations. Bet his moving next year. He seemed way to good for Leipsig.

khaled_a_d

Would hate it if we go for Neymar again.
I would generally wait before putting a transfer list atm. Plenty of positions could prove to be problematic tbh.
CB,RB,CM and even potentially LB depending on Alba performances though unlikely. Also attack could be an area that need strength if we let Dembele go.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Our defense is so shaky and I am afraid Umtiti can’t be salvaged at this point so we will have to get a good CB next summer and possibly two if Pique’s form keeps dropping. Konate is the perfect candidate but I too fear that we will waste all our money and time chasing Neymar.

Sorin

Would hate it if we go for Neymar again.
I would generally wait before putting a transfer list atm. Plenty of positions could prove to be problematic tbh.
CB,RB,CM and even potentially LB depending on Alba performances though unlikely. Also attack could be an area that need strength if we let Dembele go.

Agreed. Time to move on from Neymar. We tried this summer and if it wasn't to be then that should be the end of our pursuit of him.

Of course we should wait a bit before going for players, however planning should be done as soon as possible. As soon as January we should be putting in work to secure both a manager and our top targets for the next summer. If some other positions become problematic then plug the gaps afterwards but our more pressing need to be addressed fast. Next year is a Euro year and players will want to have their vacation after it and it would be preferable to strike deals before that.

Porque

From the Valencia match you can see that our strong weakness is the defensive triangle (Lenglet-Pique-Busquets with Alba offensive game being no assistance) when teams choose to bypass our midfield with direct attacks.

Our next key signing has to be a fast intelligent CB to counteract this. Umtiti was this before injuries broke him apart. Todibo is our closest profile to this but there are signals that his positioning has a lot to be worked on.

Someone like Konate is as good a bet as anyone for next season, and as suspected, a proof that there is life beyond de Ligt.

Home of Barca Fans