Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ibrahima Konaté

Great game yesterday. Upamecano makes the bench now. People in Germany rate him very highly, he won’t go cheap

Banned

A place where Undercover Ronaldo Fanboys and Forum de Amigos dare not tread.
    Not seen enough of this kid but the little I've seen of him (U20s in the summer) he was bang average. Obviously u20s is not a good barometer so how would people who have seen more of him compare him to say Koulibaly?

Aouar also looked average in that France team, wouldn’t put much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto GOATverde Tejedor View Post
    Not seen enough of this kid but the little I've seen of him (U20s in the summer) he was bang average. Obviously u20s is not a good barometer so how would people who have seen more of him compare him to say Koulibaly?
    He was actually the best CB for France in that tournament outside of the spanking that we gave them in the 4-1 win. Probably Konaté's worst game to date. Not that any French player was good in that game.

Anyway good to hear that he did well against Benfica as I did not watch that game. Such a shame that there are no rumors linking us to him. 100% sure that only injuries could make him flop for us. A perfect Barça CB IMO with the additional height, physical strength (monster on this front) and pace needed in 2019.

The first time I saw him in action (total coincidence) I saw a rough diamond and said to myself that there is no way that this guy is not making it big. Only injuries can stop him.
    Bartomeu Dimissió!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Messi View Post
    He was actually the best CB for France in that tournament outside of the spanking that we gave them in the 4-1 win. Probably Konaté's worst game to date. Not that any French player was good in that game.

Anyway good to hear that he did well against Benfica as I did not watch that game. Such a shame that there are no rumors linking us to him. 100% sure that only injuries could make him flop for us. A perfect Barça CB IMO with the additional height, physical strength (monster on this front) and pace needed in 2019.

The first time I saw him in action (total coincidence) I saw a rough diamond and said to myself that there is no way that this guy is not making it big. Only injuries can stop him.
    Apparently we had scouts at the game but no news about who we were scouting. Could be Werner, could be Konaté, could be some of the young Benfica players.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Messi View Post

Rumours or not I'm sure Abidal is following him.

I would actually be happy if we could sign some players without their names being linked to us in the media for months which usually only increase their price.

Robert Fernandez did a pretty good job with this in 2016 when he has signed Umtiti (before he made his NT debut in Euro), Digne and Gomes (yeah, he didn't worked out for us but still) almost out of nothing at the time there were other names connected to us in the media.

Great again tonight. Today Upamecano was a little better though but I prefer to build my defense around Konate as he is more of a general. Upamecano seems a great complementary defender. Both are huge prospects though.

We need a general (think John Terry, Puyol, Vidic, Pique 14/15, Van Dijk) and a complementary defender. We should buy the general first and then find a defender who can complement him. Konate is a general.

And what a coach Nagelsmaan is.

">.