Lliga | Round 15: Espanyol - FC Barcelona 0-4

FinBarcelonafan

Even Eibar at home would be difficult for us now. Valverde is the type of guys that sets low expectations, that doesn't dream big, someone who's content with the small things that's on offer. Good enough if he was managing Athletic, but.......

Exactly. I hate this attitude. I know he is trying to keep his players humble but it sounds stupid. He should set us even higher standards, not lower them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
1:1 sounds about right for this game. Every game under Valverde is a challenge, home or away and not to mention this is the derby.

I am hoping Alaves and Atletico can come to a draw and I am rooting for Valencia to turn it on at home against Sevilla.

Leo_Messi

I think that we will win without much trouble. Derbi Barceloní or not. Espanyol has been rather poor (they have lost 3 league games in a row and barely defeated Cádiz midweek) and the team tends to play much better in high-intensity games this season than against minnows. However I would not be shocked if the team draws.

The next 3 league games are important. Espanyol away tomorrow, Levante away the week after (who are in a splendid form this season and the surprise of the season alongside Alevés) and Celta at home (a tough opponent in recent years). After that little run of games and after the Christmas break the league calendar, at least on paper, is rather affordable.

Getafe away, Eibar at home, Leganés at home, Girona away (might be played in a neutral stadium in Florida = like playing at home if not better as the support most likely will be more vocal or at least should be), Valencia at home, Athletic away and Valladolid at home.

So gaining some kind of momentum in the next 10 league games might be crucial to put Atlético Madrid, Real Madrid and Sevilla further behind us.

I would rotate more in the Copa regardless of opponents in January. Unless we are playing RM. We have won that cup 4 times in row and we don't get much credit for it and the competition is not as mediatic as it once was. It's time to prioritize differently (a bigger emphasis on the league and in particular the CL which really begins in February). For once. Please. The core of them is no longer 25 years old. We can't commit the same resources as last year.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Dt1fOFnW0AA4cXg.jpg

Not Arthur still.

But why are we bringing a Third Goal Keeper? I mean this isn't a CL away game, and Jasper is fit. I would have just used Puig in the squad instead.

Last edited:

Joan

Neither of them will play. What's the differnece?

Won't be able to watch, though.

Neeraj

So we had Esteban Granero sit in in our of our classes in school last week. Got his e-mail ID so he could hook us up with some tickets at El Prat; will be there if I manage to score them this evening, and hope we kick Espanol ass!

Home of Barca Fans