Leandro Paredes

Raketa10

- PSG has been after Paredes for as long as they were after FDJ

- I'll be saving this for the future. For your sake lets hope FDJ doesn't turn out to be the next Malcom or Coutinho. :coffee:

FDJ is already better than Paredes so don't see any point of saving this? And putting Coutinho and Malcom in the same basket is absurd.

Jair Ventura

FDJ is already better than Paredes so don't see any point of saving this? And putting Coutinho and Malcom in the same basket is absurd.

FDJ is better at Paredes at what? Let’s see if you actually know what you’re on about, or if you’re just another ignorant troll.

Lutece FC

FDJ is not better right now, but he is far more promising and he is younger.

FDJ will be better than Paredes without any doubt, that's why the first one costs 40 M€ (+5 M€ bonus) and the second one more the 77M€ (+12 M€ bonus.)

Jair Ventura

FDJ is not better right now, but he is far more promising and he is younger.

FDJ will be better than Paredes without any doubt, that's why the first one costs 40 M€ (+5 M€ bonus) and the second one more the 77M€ (+12 M€ bonus.)

FDJ will also for sure be better than Kanté because the latter only cost Chelsea €35m. That’s how football works!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
2016 is a long time ago?

Do you not understand the context? 2016 was well prior to the Neymar transfer, which elevated the market massively. Coutinho/Mbappe/Dembele all went for 120m+ immediately after the Neymar move and inflation has not gone down since. 2016 is also prior to when prices started getting inflated massively for CB's and GK's as well, like Van Dijk or Kepa. Kante also moved before relative scrubs like Lukaku and Higuain were going for 80m+.

So Kante moved before general transfer fees inflated to almost twice as much for marquee transfers, and before non forward players started getting consistently outrageous fees too. In today's market, a player like Kante who was at the time one of the clear protagonists of freaking Leicester winning the title would go for a lot more than 35 mill.

Jair Ventura

Do you not understand the context? 2016 was well prior to the Neymar transfer, which elevated the market massively. Coutinho/Mbappe/Dembele all went for 120m+ immediately after the Neymar move and inflation has not gone down since. 2016 is also prior to when prices started getting inflated massively for CB's and GK's as well, like Van Dijk or Kepa. Kante also moved before relative scrubs like Lukaku and Higuain were going for 80m+.

So Kante moved before general transfer fees inflated to almost twice as much for marquee transfers, and before non forward players started getting consistently outrageous fees too. In today's market, a player like Kante who was at the time one of the clear protagonists of freaking Leicester winning the title would go for a lot more than 35 mill.

Ndombele cost Lyon €8m just last season, while Lille paid €9m for Nicolas Pépé. Milan paid €35m a piece for Paquetá and Piątek over the last month. I’d go on, but I think I’ve made my point. Transfer costs do not determine talent level. Stop pushing that nonsense.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ndombele cost Lyon €8m just last season, while Lille paid €9m for Nicolas Pépé. Milan just paid €35m a piece for Paquetá and Piątek. I’d go on, but I think I’ve made my point. Transfer costs do not determine talent level. Stop pushing that nonsense.

When did I ever say transfer costs determine talent level? In fact I alluded to the very opposite, that even underwhelming players like Lukaku and Higuain can go for absurd fees.

My point was that you are making arguments that are extremely disingenuous about how transfers inflated over the years recently. 2016 is in fact a "long time" ago if you recognize all the turning points that have come around in terms of inflation since then, and how players that wouldn't have even had "marquee" transfer fees in the past are now valued as such.

Jair Ventura

When did I ever say transfer costs determine talent level? In fact I alluded to the very opposite, that even underwhelming players like Lukaku and Higuain can go for absurd fees.

My point was that you are making arguments that are extremely disingenuous about how transfers inflated over the years recently. 2016 is in fact a "long time" ago if you recognize all the turning points that have come around in terms of inflation since then, and how players that wouldn't have even had "marquee" transfer fees in the past are now valued as such.

I don’t make any “disingenuous arguments”, I made an undeniable point. A player being expensive isn’t a confirmation of his talent level. The same logic applies to a player that is cheap. If you agree with this, what are we arguing for?

Keep in mind that, even during the inflated market I constantly hear about, good players are still moving for fair prices.

YodaMaster

Very good signing for PSG. I saw his recent games with Argentina NT and this guy is promising. Definitely a better option than Idrissa Gueye (lmao).

Plus it's a good thing for Argentina NT and for Messi that there's now an Argentinian DM playing for a top 10 european team.
Messi might finally have a decent midfield behind him with Paredes and Lo Celso.

FDJ will also for sure be better than Kanté because the latter only cost Chelsea €35m. That’s how football works!

WTF is this ? FDJ is 10 times more promising than Kanté has ever been. And that's coming from a french guy who loves Kanté.
In today's market, 2016's Kanté would cost +€70m.

Ndombele cost Lyon €8m just last season, while Lille paid €9m for Nicolas Pépé. Milan paid €35m a piece for Paquetá and Piątek over the last month. I’d go on, but I think I’ve made my point. Transfer costs do not determine talent level. Stop pushing that nonsense.

Ndombele has been loaned to Lyon in 2017 with a buy option of €8m that Lyon simply activated in summer 2018. 2017's Ndombele was an unknown kid. Now he'll leave Lyon for more than €70m.
Btw Ajax bought FDJ in 2015 from Willem for €300k too.
But how are these transfers related to FDJ moving to Barça in 2019 ?

Transfers cost do determine talent level. But sometimes you can get an unknown/unhyped yet promising kid that'll develop into a beast. Like Arthur coming to Barça for only €30m. But this kind of deals are exceptions and not a common thing.

Porque

I'd be very surprised if Paredes ended up a better player than de Jong. I'd be surprised if he was better than de Jong right now (if you put them both in the same team for example).

There is a reason one transfer was extremely contested and the other was not.

Saying that, he should be a very good player in Ligue1.

fergus90

I saw PSG are in for Idrassa Gueye too, as a former Villa season ticket holder who watched him play for us. He is nowhere near the level required to perform at PSG, he is a good player but for the likes of Everton, West Ham etc.

Parades is a good signing though.

Home of Barca Fans