Who do you want as Barça manager next season?

Who should be Barça new coach?

• García Pimenta

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Thierry Henry

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Pablo Machín

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Quique Setién

Votes: 29 25.2%
  • Eusebio Sacrístan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark Van Bommel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Mikel Arteta

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Abelardo Fernandez

• Rubi

• Laurent Blanc

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Robert Martinez

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Giovanni Van Bronckhorst

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • None. I want to keep Valverde as manager

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters

Vilarrubi

Sometimes I wonder if you are living in the same planet we are living in man. Tuchel has huge fanbase who thinks he is a top notch world class manager.

Can honestly say here in the UK Tuchel is hardly ever mentioned, on TV, Media or general footballing talk and football in the UK is..... well...popular to say the least lol He’s not got any fan base here whatsoever, can’t speak for the rest of Europe and others though.

FC433

Let us do some discussion. Who do you think is our best option?

Of course, Pep, Klopp and Pochettino are not available. For me:

1- Erik ten Hag
2- Quique Setién
3- Antonio Conte

wisconsincule

Didn’t Poch say he would leave if they won the champions league? I wonder if enough money would let him put his Espanyol ties behind him?

mesiesta

Let us do some discussion. Who do you think is our best option?

Of course, Pep, Klopp and Pochettino are not available. For me:

1- Erik ten Hag
2- Quique Setién
3- Antonio Conte

None of them to be honest. Conte is another Valverde. Setién and Ten Hag have not worked in the big club system previously as well.

Alik

Are we absolutely sure Pochettino is not available? Surely he wouldn't turn down a Barça offer.

Donatello

Are we absolutely sure Pochettino is not available? Surely he wouldn't turn down a Barça offer.

Mate, he turned down Real because of his love for Spurs.

Even if it was BS, he has already said a lot against moving to Barca. Even if he were to move, he'd rather go to Real/ Real will go for him.

Donatello

We may need to have to wait until players like Messi, Suarez, Busi, Pique are done to build a new team. Let age do its thing basically. They lost motivation, became to powerful in the locker-room. Basically, they are overpaid superstars who don't work as hard as they should be, and who are basically un-benchable by anyone except managers with balls the size of Jupiter. We're not likely to get a manager like that under this board.

If we fail this season in CL again in the same fashion as in the last 2-3 years, then it's pretty clear that the core of this team is done in the Champions League.

This doesn't mean we can't still do better than Valverde. Problem with Valverde is that he is poor in multiple areas. I would accept 1-2 problems, but basically, he's average in multiple zones. Not good with young players, doesn't play beautiful at all, panders to star players, doesn't rotate. Man has too many faults for a team like ours.

I like Setien but don't think he has the guts to deal with all of our key issues, he can improve us here and there but not as a whole. Would still improve our game visually, would develop players more, but wouldn't handle the stars better than Valverde is doing I think. He isn't a big name, so there is little chance he'd show enough personality to command a star-studded locker-room like ours.

Mourinho fits the bill.

But his playstyle is completely contradictory to ours.

And, I don't think players would welcome him either, knowing how authoritative of a person he is.

Moe