Who do you want as Barça manager next season?

Who should be Barça new coach?

• García Pimenta

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Thierry Henry

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Pablo Machín

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Quique Setién

Votes: 29 25.2%
  • Eusebio Sacrístan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark Van Bommel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Mikel Arteta

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Abelardo Fernandez

• Rubi

• Laurent Blanc

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Robert Martinez

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Giovanni Van Bronckhorst

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • None. I want to keep Valverde as manager

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters

Ascom

YES! I know there is a already a poll about this but it's too short, has unrealistic names and it's from April last year. Since unfortunately i think we will not win the Champions, the possibility of Valverde being fired is not far fetched.

Ascom

Also. Bear in mind i tried to make my list as realistic as possible. The next Barça coach, wether now or in a few years will probably be from that list. Forget Carlo Ancelotti, Mourinho, Allegri or a big signing because it's not going to happen. Our board process to pick managers has been to prioritize coaches who have a connection to the club. From my list, all worked previously in Barça as staff or players except Quique Sétien and Machín. I think these two will be in the minds of our board because the first is a huge admirer of our club and his philosophy is the same as ours and the second is leader of La Liga in December with Sevilla, having made a wonderful job at Girona. Ah, and Robert Martinez also never worked for Barça but he is a catalan and has made a wonderful job at Belgium and also interesting jobs before in the premier. He is also speculated to be next manager by the press. (also rumored to be friendly with Independence campaign btw tho never came out in favor of Independence).

Also Forget Guardiola or Xavi, it's not gonna happen. The first said several times he will not return as head coach of barça and the second said he is not ready.

My choice went to Mikel Arteta. I have big expectations about him, he is a product of La Masia but played in Everton and Arsenal but he is in his 3rd year as assistant coach of Pep Guardiola and it's not anyone who gets that job. So yes, i would like to risk on someone like him.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
I love these polls. Later you can come back and amuse yourself how little knowledge fans have about football. Like that time 2 years ago when 80 % here wanted Sampaoli because he was doing well in November or 70 % wanted Enrique sacked in January, 4 months before he delivered the treble. :lol:

Now Setien is apparently the new thing because Betis beat Barca and everyone of course watches and evaluates Betis regularly.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthrea...-the-man-to-replace-Luis-Enrique-at-Barcelona
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthrea...rique-now-or-wait-until-the-end-of-the-season

@hernia

khaled_a_d

My choice went to Mikel Arteta. I have big expectations about him, he is a product of La Masia but played in Everton and Arsenal but he is in his 3rd year as assistant coach of Pep Guardiola and it's not anyone who gets that job. So yes, i would like to risk on someone like him.

That is truly out of the box name.
Don't know if he is good or not, still not sure why Arsenal didn't sign him

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tired of the Unzues, Setiens, Valverdes and similar guys. Just another manager that would be eternally grateful to have gotten the job letting the players run the show.

That is truly out of the box name.
Don't know if he is good or not, still not sure why Arsenal didn't sign him

That is actually a very interesting option if they want to take a risk. Unlike other players touted to become a Barca manager in the future Arteta had to work his way up to become a good player and has been learning every day from Pep so he has that going for him.

I think Arsenal chose to go for the safe option with Emery rather than take a risk as they were already lagging behind their rivals.

I've no clue how it would work, but he's always been seen as a leader, is a local guy and been learning from one of the best for some time now, and I'm tired of these mid-table managers.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
There is no obvious choice.

I'd like someone who's actually won something for once. One who doesn't become clueless when we reach the quarter finals which for him is the biggest achievement of his career.
Can't think of a realistic name though.

Arteta hasn't gotten the chance to make the beginner's mistakes as a manager, mistakes he'll do at Barca.
At least Pep got a year at Barca B to kinda see what works and what doesn't.

khaled_a_d

Tired of the Unzues, Setiens, Valverdes and similar guys. Just another manager that would be eternally grateful to have gotten the job letting the players run the show.

That is actually a very interesting option if they want to take a risk. Unlike other players touted to become a Barca manager in the future Arteta had to work his way up to become a good player and has been learning every day from Pep so he has that going for him.

I think Arsenal chose to go for the safe option with Emery rather than take a risk as they were already lagging behind their rivals.

I've no clue how it would work, but he's always been seen as a leader, is a local guy and been learning from one of the best for some time now, and I'm tired of these mid-table managers.

I didn't follow Arsenal that much during negotiations, I thought they had deal with him and it failed last minute so went for Unai, if it was the case I wonder why ? Felt more he was making some demands to ensure it won't fall, which is smart thing to do as 1st job is usually the make or break for this kind of ex-players. But again if someone follows Arsenal better could give more insight.

Yeah, he seem to have a good career built in passion and understanding, while getting respect of his managers, both Arsene and Pep thinks he would make a good coach. My only reservation is that before moving to Arsenal he didn't play under good managers which is something I always appreciate (Luis Fernández, Moyes,Amorrortu & McLeish)

He is someone I would like the club to at least give an interview, otherwise I think we will end with Blanc

DonAK

I didn't follow Arsenal that much during negotiations, I thought they had deal with him and it failed last minute so went for Unai, if it was the case I wonder why ? Felt more he was making some demands to ensure it won't fall, which is smart thing to do as 1st job is usually the make or break for this kind of ex-players. But again if someone follows Arsenal better could give more insight.

Yeah, he seem to have a good career built in passion and understanding, while getting respect of his managers, both Arsene and Pep thinks he would make a good coach. My only reservation is that before moving to Arsenal he didn't play under good managers which is something I always appreciate (Luis Fernández, Moyes,Amorrortu & McLeish)

He is someone I would like the club to at least give an interview, otherwise I think we will end with Blanc

Well, he did say Arsenal lacked ambition a year ago or so, so perhaps he asked for money to spend and Arsenal being the misers they are went for Emery who had less demands? :lol:

They should interview at least Arteta, Koeman(not a big fan), Setien(fear he's not good enough) and a couple of other managers instead of blindly picking one like they've done recently.

Especially since there is no clear option in sight.

FC B

Don't want to point just a single name from the realistic list since my conviction is literally any choice would prove a better option than to stick with this Cluelessverde fraud...

Ideally it should be someone with charisma, tactical and leadership skills, actually a perfect opposite to Valrverde.

gregorrin10

Chose 'other', i mean how can you include someone like Arteta and not include Arsene Wenger, who i think would be the perfect choice for a few years, maybe until Xavi (and Iniesta?) come back to take over. Not only for us, since he practices great, attacking football, which Barca as a club deserves to play, but because of him too, he deserves a top club with top youngsters already within... he always had to steal them from us back at Arsenal. :p I always wanted to see him in a bigger club, where he could really challenge for the biggest titles every year, he is a great managerial name with loads of charisma, and he also has years of experience on the top level, and he would instill instant respect among even our most senior players. Not to mention youngsters (especially French like Dembele) would benefit immensely to play under their country-man legend manager. We would maybe even become a top choice for Mbappe in the near future, if he decides and manages to leave P$G.

And considering how good of a squad we have right now, we could use a more laid-back manager, as long as transfers are concerned, although i suspect that had more to do with Arsenal's club policy than with Wenger himself, especially in the last few years. I do think that to some extent, he also enjoyed buying young players, throwing them into the fire and turning them into great players, instead of going for the easy option, throwing money at sub-par players and giving them huge wages, which we are doing under this Board. He's exactly what we need, what La Masia needs. Wenger would have an already existing bunch of exciting youngsters like Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Alena, Puig? Oriol? they would surely get instant minutes under Arsene, and you add to that De Ligt replacing Pique, and a new young exciting striker do the same to Suarez, which Wenger would have the balls to do, unlike a certain someone' right now, Buy the Ajax duo as Wenger's typical youngster buys to make a point of times changing, add them to many of our exciting young guns, already in the club, and we become instant top CL favourites.

P.S. Those three, who voted 'keep Valverde', should be banned from this forum. :lol:

Last edited:

DonAK

Arsene Wenger at Arsenal was pathetic. Just look at how better they are playing this season. Even Bellerin is not looking like a cone anymore.

He's finished as a manager at this level. At least we're winning league titles right now. With him as a manager we might not even do that. His staff he brings in is pathetic as well. Read Fabianski and Szczesny's interview about their GK coach with Wenger. He was clueless and probably the reason every GK they brought in regressed there. Wenger is too loyal to those plonks.

DtGQ_mCXQAAB_NN.jpg:large

I cannot believe any of you guys would want Wenger. Every Arsenal player regressed there, even players they signed regressed. Probably because of all of his position coaches were idiots and he being the arrogant man he is was unwilling to do anything about it and clueless himself.

Last edited:

henias

I love these polls. Later you can come back and amuse yourself how little knowledge fans have about football. Like that time 2 years ago when 80 % here wanted Sampaoli because he was doing well in November or 70 % wanted Enrique sacked in January, 4 months before he delivered the treble. :lol:

Now Setien is apparently the new thing because Betis beat Barca and everyone of course watches and evaluates Betis regularly.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthrea...-the-man-to-replace-Luis-Enrique-at-Barcelona
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthrea...rique-now-or-wait-until-the-end-of-the-season

@hernia

Haha, like how you supported EV and discredited top coaches, and cherrypicked a few scorelines shows you have a vast knowledge in football. Give me a fcking break lol, stop making a fool out of yourself in forums.

Setien didn't make his name because he beat Barca, he was discussed long before and was able to transform teams like Las Palmas.

If you actually bothered to look a poll from 2 years ago, you are actually dumb enough that the recent poll had Valverde as the highest voted. So I assume you and others are dumb as well? And even tho Setien was not an option in the polls a few others also mentioned his name. I also mentioned I wanted Setien way back in the EV thread when debating with Magix if im not wrong. Better get your facts straight before looking like a fool.

I will see how you keep putting results in favor of EV, as if people only cared about results, and will see how he will get "results" in March-April. Already a fool like yourself and still trying so hard, gotta love that.

You like to dig up stuff eh?

Mourinho 2.0 would be superb, he is one of the most successful coaches ever.
:lol:

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Setien was discussed "long before"? The state of you. :lol: His name was barely mentioned on the last poll from April this year, staggering 2 mentions in the first 10 pages: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14940-Who-should-be-Barca-manager-next-season

Don't play dumber than you already are, he's flavour of the month type coach based on Betis beating Barca recently, that's why he's leading this poll.

Of course results matter the most. 2 consecutive seasons without any major trophy and you'd be begging for Mourinho. I've already witnessed those "should we hire Mourinho" and "our style is dead, let's try something else" type of polls here when Barca looked fragile during the Tito and Tata times. Even fawning over coaches like Klopp who ridiculed our style as boring. Just wait until Barca stops winning.

You can only take that high horse standpoint "our treble and double winning managers are complete frauds herp da derp" because Barca keeps winning major trophies every season.

If you look at the names above, Valverde is easily the best and most experienced out of the lot, not even a debate, but you'll get your wish anyway next season most likely as most Barca coaches quit on their own after 3 seasons max with this appaling fan base. And Barcaforum can continue the tradition of namecalling every single manager ("Patata, Licho, Fraudverde", Tito was only spared because of his illness). Should start to think about what sounds better already: Fraudtien or Cowardtien?

Consistent champagne football ain't coming back with Xavi, Iniesta, Alves gone and 30+ year old Busquets, Messi, Suarez. Just deal with it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans