Sandro Tonali

Porque

Linked again to Sandro Tonali in Sport. Anyone else find the 50m minimum asking price from Brescia BS?

Brescia are rock bottom of Serie A, going to be relegated. Last year they played in Serie B. Meanwhile they are negative 25m in the transfer market for the past 2 seasons. Oh, and Sandro's contract runs out next year not to forget a little thing called Covid.

So yeah, not buying this valuation at all, and makes me think our name is just being used to raise his value.

I think he will go for a similar fee as Nico Barella did.

Messi983

According to Brescia's owner Massimo Cellino we've offered 65m and two youngsters (both worth around 7,5m and one of them being a defensive player) for Tonali before Covid-19.... He also added that Inter or Juve are Tonali's prefered destinations.

"You have known me for many years, you know that I fall in love with certain players and I would never want to sell them. Building a good team around him, a team of satisfactions, was my dream. I realize, however, that the boy has important personal goals, a family that follows him, especially the mother. Nasser would like it in Paris, he wrote to me even today, but he doesn't want to go to France. Inter and Juve are the destinations he prefers. De Laurentiis has offered me 40 million, Fiorentina is ready to make false cards, but its fate is quite sealed. Before the covid, Barcelona had reached 65 million plus two very interesting boys valued at 7 and a half each, one was a defensive player. I believe that the Catalan leaders received an answer that they did not like. And not by Tonali. Sandro is a child who lights up as soon as he sees a ball, on the field I have seen him do impressive things, very precise throws of forty meters, perfect contrasts, short and long are his strengths, in a midfield with three he can play anywhere. The personality ... He sacrifices himself for the team, before the suspension he had hidden an inflammation of his quadriceps, he wanted to help his companions. When we realized it we had to stop him by force ?. [...]

https://www.corrieredellosport.it/n...uole_juve_o_inter_nainggolan_torner_alla_roma

BarçaBarça

According to Brescia's owner Massimo Cellino we've offered 65m and two youngsters (both worth around 7,5m and one of them being a defensive player) for Tonali before Covid-19.... He also added that Inter or Juve are Tonali's prefered destinations.

https://www.corrieredellosport.it/n...uole_juve_o_inter_nainggolan_torner_alla_roma

He sounds like a guy who likes the limelight and spurs around shit: "Nasser wrote to me today", lol, who talks like that - he just want to feel important.
I would love for us to investigate this transfer, but the things in that quote proves nothing, imo.

Newcomer

The owner is obviously full of himself. Typical of a small club owner who is excited to make a big sale to a big club and is milking it.

Do we really believe he would turn down 80 M for his player ? He will sell him at 45-50 M.

The important news here is the player wants Inter or Juventus. No need to speculate about him anymore.

Newcomer

He sounds like a guy who likes the limelight and spurs around shit: "Nasser wrote to me today", lol, who talks like that - he just want to feel important.
I would love for us to investigate this transfer, but the things in that quote proves nothing, imo.

Haha. Just saw your post as i was sent mine. Exactly, he is an attention seeker.

Messi983

Yeah, I was laughing at this part as well.

The owner is obviously full of himself. Typical of a small club owner who is excited to make a big sale to a big club and is milking it.

Do we really believe he would turn down 80 M for his player ? He will sell him at 45-50 M.

The important news here is the player wants Inter or Juventus. No need to speculate about him anymore.

Sure, if anything it was Tonali who turned down our offer (if that offer truly existed at all) because he wants to stay in Italy.

Andresito

Staff member
Inter spending that Icardi money.

Fabrizio Romano: Sandro Tonali has so far given his preference to Inter: we will soon enter into negotiations with Brescia to seek the final agreement on the figure.

Andresito

Staff member
Don't really see anything bad in that from our standpoint. He's a 20 yo Italian who prefers to stay at home instead of moving to a foreign country at a young age.

Add to that some convincing words from a proven manager like Conte.
Seti?n probably doesn't know who he is.

Messigician

I like him but whatever

Italy has a awful track record with young players these days last world class player was Verrati

Messi983

Add to that some convincing words from a proven manager like Conte.
Seti?n probably doesn't know who he is.

Probably.

Anyway, I'm always sceptical about how Italian players would adapt here so while I wouldn't mind gettng Tonali for a fair price because of his potential he would be far from a guaranteed success at Barca so I'm not really sad to "miss out" on him.

In general there aren't really many Italian players who have succeded in La Liga. Vieri had one great season for Atletico before returning back to Italy more than two decades ago and Rossi did well for Villarreal. He's the only Italian player who had any kind of a prolonged success (more than one good season) in La Liga I can remember. I've always enjoyed watching him play so it's really sad injuries have ruined his career.

Home of Barca Fans