Dani Olmo

soul24rage

I am trying to answer your question, but it seems that you don't know anything about this guy. Your question is like... Can Messi play Rakitic's role? Or can Iniesta play Rakitic's role? The answer is NO. They can't.Because, that is not their position. In a FDJ - Olmo - Arthur midfield group, the Dutchman and the Brazilian will take more defensive roles, while Olmo's assignment will be the PLAY-MAKER. Open You Tube and look for Dinamo Zagreb's games, not just the highlights and you will see where exactly plays Olmo. My first answer to your question will be, he plays from box to box. FDJ and Arthur can't do whatever he does. They just don't have that natural talent. Watch 1-2 games and you will get the idea.

My god. Mate, I just told you I don't watch Dinamo so of course I don't know anything about this guy, which is why I asked the question to the people who know Olmo more than me.

If what you described of Olmo is true, then that midfield of FDJ - Olmo - Arthur won't realize it's full potential in this current Messi False-RW team. This is why the Rakitic role is important as long as Messi plays as a false RW. Watch how we are playing right now and see how Messi moves and not just watch highlight videos of Barca matches.

However, I could see that midfield work if we put Messi as a false 9 and have a genuine RW.

JohnN

transfermarkt rates him about 35m and he has one and a half year contract left. So 10m, is too low. Considering that everyone knows we are filthy rich I don't see us getting him for less than 35m.

LABarcaFan

However, I could see that midfield work if we put Messi as a false 9 and have a genuine RW.

Yes. You can switch their positions. Olmo as an right wing/midfielder and Messi as a false # 9, playing behind his buddy Luis. Messi was a true right wing only in his first two years with Barca. Ever since, he is trying to do everything in our upfront. But, we have never seen any problem when he was playing with Iniesta, right? Iniesta more like a left attacking midfielder and Messi as a right. The same can happen now with him and Olmo. The only serious problem this days is that Suareez is not anymore that sharp scoring machine, nor is Griezmann, who we brought as his replacement.

Messi983

Agreed.

Talking about RBL they've signed former Barça youth GK Josep Martinez from Las Palmas for next season.

BBZ8800

Croatian sources say that he will move to Leipzig.
Reports say that a fee is 28M plus 12M in bonuses.

Spanish sources say that a fixed fee is 20M, while Italian sources say that a fixed fee is 35M with 15M bonuses.

Home of Barca Fans