Dani Olmo

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I dont want to spoil anything, but he looks hectic as hell on the ball. No calmness. When its working it looks good, but I dont know if thats sustainable.

Yes, getting Alexis vibes from his dribbling. Probably won't work in a slow team like ours. But that is something that we as a team need to change.

Riordon

His price jumped from 3,5M Euros to 30M Euros in the last 18 Months.
He is a La Masia kid who came to Croatia as a part of Halilovic's deal.
In his case, a sale/loan worked awesome. If he stayed at Barca B, who knows how would he develop in the meantime.
This way, he played all the time in a 1st division, he played Uefa Cup every season against decent European teams and now he will play a CL against the best teams.

He has Xavi's little turns and shielding of a ball, plus he has a natural gift for dribbles, key passes and shots in the box.
I would call him something like Xavi in the box who is dribbling and scoring.

He isn't too fast, but he can dribble, and he is still faster than let's say Busi, Raki, Arthur.
You'll see more of his midfield movement, dribbles and passes here:

In this video there are goals:

How is he defending wise? Can he defend? And how is his stamina?

30m is still a good price. Had he been at Ajax, Dortmund, Lyon etc, it would been double

BBZ8800

I dont want to spoil anything, but he looks hectic as hell on the ball. No calmness. When its working it looks good, but I dont know if thats sustainable.

Alexis was always very dumb.
This kid is not dumb.

Also, for a comparison, he is younger than Alena.
Alena is even more hot and cold and hectic on the ball.
Also, take into an account that Olmo is a leader of Youth Spanish teams who are winning World cups/Euros.
While Alena is on the bench, and Puig (in whom fans here have faith) is watching Olmo and youth NT team on a Tv from his living room.

Further, about being hectic, Dinamo plays on counters and more direct.
Their gameplan is not to minimize risks and pass slowly around the box (like we play), but to try to hit an opponent on a counter whenever possible.
Since Olmo is Dinamo's best midfielder/creator, he is allowed to take risks whenever he wants.
So, if out of 10 counters: he creates something in 5 out 10 actions (and loses 5 balls)=that's good.

Regarding our slow-granny pass around the box till death style and never try counters, I am not sure whether any player ever will fit into a LM/CAM role.

How is he defending wise? Can he defend? And how is his stamina?

30m is still a good price. Had he been at Ajax, Dortmund, Lyon etc, it would been double

We will need more time to estimate it.
Against Atalanta in a CL, he had 9 dribbles and 4 tackles, for example :thinking:

Porque

Ok so Olmo is developing fantastically. So where is his slot in our team?

AML where we do not want to block Fati for too many years. Or as part of the midfield trident?

Riordon

Ok so Olmo is developing fantastically. So where is his slot in our team?

AML where we do not want to block Fati for too many years. Or as part of the midfield trident?

We will lose Rakitic, Vidal and possibly Alena and Busquest next season. That leaves us with Frenkie and Arthur and possibly Puiq with Frenkie most likely being the DM. Need atleast one midfielder, would go for both Ruiz and Olmo.

That Olmo can play so many positions up front is a huge plus and with the relatively cheap price (his contract and current team), it’s a no brainer IMO

Last edited:

Porque

We will lose Rakitic, Vidal and possibly Alena and Busquest next season. That leaves us with Frenkie and Arthur and possibly Puiq with Frenkie most likely being the DM. Need atleast one midfielder, would go for both Ruiz and Olmo.

That Olmo can play so many positions up front is a huge plus and with the relatively cheap price (his contract and current team), it’s a no brainer IMO

I see where you are coming from. But do you see him having a first 11 spot for us, and where? Can he be that offensive midfielder or will he be incorrectly shoehorned into a role that we do not really have?

If he can be that midfielder we need though, then great, as you say a perfect fee.

Riordon

Will watch tonight. Probably won’t see much off the ball but a great chance to see if his defensive work is any good to play as a 8/active 10 or another one of those players “who is an AM but can play on the wings”

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ask yourself this question:

Who would you rather have filling multiple roles in the midfield and attack, while having the talent to even start in one of those positions.

Sergi Roberto or Dani Olmo?

Easy for me.

Riordon

Will watch tonight. Probably won’t see much off the ball but a great chance to see if his defensive work is any good to play as a 8/active 10 or another one of those players “who is an AM but can play on the wings”

As expected didn’t see much of the ball but he is a great runner and presser. Can play the interior role.

Batistuta9

Impressed every time i see this kid play. One of the top dribblers in the CL so far, reminds me a bit of iniesta the way he dribbles, not really fast or strong just with quality. Has really good football IQ for a young player as well

JerseyAddict

Another goal. And hit te frame in 89th min.
Olmo is really good. If he was now in some english club he would be worth 60m. He is "doubted" just because he plays in DZ. He is really good

Home of Barca Fans