Dani Olmo

ronniecro

he would probably flop here with static,drab and boring football we play. i think club like borussia would be great for him

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is more comfortable on the left. Plays as a LW/left CAM for both Dinamo and Spain U-21.

Will have to push Arthur on the right side then.

Anyway, we need a manager who can utilize these players first. No point giving Valverde all these signings.

BBZ8800

Wouldn't mind him either.

It was hard to judge him 1-2 years ago.
But since then, Dinamo had a good run in Uefa league last season.
Then he was a key player of youth Spanish NT team winning Euros this summer.
Tonight a good game in Dinamo:Atalanta 4:0 in a CL.

Dinamo played well.
Dinamo runs a lot.
Olmo is a key creator in their team.
But as always, Dinamo played with youngsters who can run like crazy and who are motivated.

Maybe he could work with Frenkie and Arthur.
But not with Messi, Suarez, Busi, Raki, Vidal, Alba etc.

He could be a player for the future.

** He is not dumb, btw.
That should be a requirement no1 for the future:
Technique, IQ and ability to run a lot.

Leo_Messi

Saw him in action during the UEFA European U-21 Championship where he was our best player after Fabián Ruiz.

Would not be surprised if Robert Moreno decides to name him in the squad for the games against Norway and Sweden.

I have not seen a single game of his in Croatia but those that follow him have only had praise for him. 21 years is no age and if he continues to perform well, this time in the CL as well, he might become a future transfer target.

Recall reading an interview with him not long ago where he spoke about wanting to make it in a big league and returning to Spain.

DonAK

It was hard to judge him 1-2 years ago.
But since then, Dinamo had a good run in Uefa league last season.
Then he was a key player of youth Spanish NT team winning Euros this summer.
Tonight a good game in Dinamo:Atalanta 4:0 in a CL.

Dinamo played well.
Dinamo runs a lot.
Olmo is a key creator in their team.
But as always, Dinamo played with youngsters who can run like crazy and who are motivated.

Maybe he could work with Frenkie and Arthur.
But not with Messi, Suarez, Busi, Raki, Vidal, Alba etc.

He could be a player for the future.

** He is not dumb, btw.
That should be a requirement no1 for the future:
Technique, IQ and ability to run a lot.

Out of the players you mentioned only Messi and Alba should be starting for Barcelona next season. Ideally we would have another LB, but I don't think Firpo will bench Alba that early, if he benches Alba at all.

I've said it before, but next summer Barcelona need to sell Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal, Dembele(unless he has a great season), Umtiti and Semedo or Roberto

We need to sign a fast LW, at least one MF, at least one CB and a new RB.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Out of the players you mentioned only Messi and Alba should be starting for Barcelona next season.

I know that this is a blasphemy, but Messi will be 34 around semis and finals in 2021.
Even CR7 is too old now, and he is miles infront of Messi in terms of physique and motivation.
Not to mention that it means: less press from our team, no RW, less passing options in attack since every ball needs to be passed to Messi.

** Olmo made a solo run before a first goal. Later in that action Dinamo scored.
On the second goal, he made a preassist for a LB.

Let's see how will he develop in the upcoming matches:

DonAK

I know that this is a blasphemy, but Messi will be 34 around semis and finals in 2021.
Even CR7 is too old now, and he is miles infront of Messi in terms of physique and motivation.
Not to mention that it means: less press from our team, no RW, less passing options in attack since every ball needs to be passed to Messi.

** Olmo made a solo run before a first goal. Later in that action Dinamo scored.
On the second goal, he made a preassist for a LB.

Let's see how will he develop in the upcoming matches:

Messi looked pretty fit and motivated vs Liverpool. Was the only player who pressed along with Vidal. I don't want to engage in this anymore tbh.

Marshall D Teach

Out of the players you mentioned only Messi and Alba should be starting for Barcelona next season. Ideally we would have another LB, but I don't think Firpo will bench Alba that early, if he benches Alba at all.

I've said it before, but next summer Barcelona need to sell Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal, Dembele(unless he has a great season), Umtiti and Semedo or Roberto

Throw Busquets in there as well.

EdmondDantes

If Pep bought him next summer, would he play him as a 10 or a 9?

Answer that and then snap him up before Man City does.

JerseyAddict

This kid is a pure gold. Shit before/after City all you want but he could really be a player for any european top team. He nutmeged Atalanta players for 3 or 4 times. How he passes the ball. He is just crazy with vision and space... If he had done this in say Sevilla or Arsenal or Dortmund people would splash zillions od $ on him... just because he plays in Dinamo people underrate him. Watch him what he does in U-21 Spain.

2017-2018-GNK-Dinamo-jersey-HOME-pic1.jpg2018-2019-GNK-Dinamo-jersey-AWAY-EL-OLMO-pic1.jpg

I am getting the yellow one too. UCL version if I can manage to scrape it.

Yannik

I think Dynamo will be one of the upset teams this year, maybe Quarterfinal is possible. And then everyone will be after this kid.

Riordon

The last part is just sad to read knowing the state of our economy and our transfer success rate. Konaté and Fabian Ruiz alone will be atleast 150m. That’s basically our budget. After after, we need an attacker, one more CB (starter CB), preferably defensive midfielder and preferably starter RB. How do we get the money for this?

We need to make a scoop or two. There is really no space for fuxking up transfer anymore or keep paying 100+m. Olmo can be part of this IMO. But Konaté and Ruiz are top targets.

It’s clearly not helping when we are losing great homegrown players like Grimaldi and Olmo but I’m sure they wouldn’t have developed the way they did had they stayed

Last edited:

DonAK

The last part is just sad to read knowing the state of our economy and our transfer success rate. Konaté and Fabian Ruiz alone will be atleast 150m. That’s basically our budget. After after, we need an attacker, one more CB (starter CB), preferably defensive midfielder and preferably starter RB. How do we get the money for this?

We need to make a scoop or two. There is really no space for fuxking up transfer anymore or keep paying 100+m. Olmo can be part of this IMO. But Konaté and Ruiz are top targets.

It’s clearly not helping when we are losing great homegrown players like Grimaldi and Olmo but I’m sure they wouldn’t have developed the way they did had they stayed

Depends on how much money we can get from Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal, Coutinho, Umtiti, Semedo and probably Dembele.

We're unlikely to be able to sign two CBs and midfielders, but we need at least one of each. We're probably signing Neymar next summer.

Home of Barca Fans