Dani Olmo

LABarcaFan

he's not coming,it's all gibberish. we've been reading here news that half of the europe is standing in line to get him yet not one serious bid came for him

Eric Abidal is in advanced talks with Dani Olmo's manager and it looks like the guy is one foot in Barcelona already. Lets not forgot that he is La Masia product and he wants to play here.

LABarcaFan

Honestly, I don't understand the pessimism of some forum members here. Dani Olmo is an ATTACKING MIDFIELDER, not a central midfielder. His job is to create situations for himself and his team-mates. A midfield trio of F.D.J., D.Olmo and A.Melo is the future of Barcelona. Dani can play behind the central forward with Frankie and Arthur at his sides. There is no need of physical presence here. This is not American Football or Rugby. We have played with similar players for a decade ( Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta ) and that was the greatest midfield trio in the World. So, stop been so skeptical and critical. The guy is just 21 y.o. and most importantly, he is our product. I hope, we can sign him in this January window. Here is what Olmo possess at the moment.

SHOOTS EQUALLY WELL WITH BOTH LEGS

FANTASTIC VISION OF THE GAME

VERY ACCURATE PASSES

HIGH INDIVIDUAL SPEED TECHNIQUE

GREAT DRIBBLE BETWEEN SEVERAL DEFENDERS

LABarcaFan

offer has been denied by press and they also called out his agent for that. regarding tott and chelsea there might be interest but we have been getting that kind of news since last summer. and not just them but also roma,dortmund,milan,borussia mg,man city etc...all of them want him but no one sent any kind of offer yet. his contract runs out next year so think he will leave this summer for half of price

Why he has to leave for half of price? What are you talking about? It looks like you are in Croatia, maybe Dinamo Zagreb fan and that is why you don't want to see Dani Olmo going anywhere else.Am I right?

LABarcaFan

Where do you see Olmo playing for Barcelona?

I can answer your question. Olmo is an attacking midfielder, same as was Iniesta . Was there any problem for Messi, when Iniesta was playing with him? No, right? In the contrary, Messi has benefited from him as a team-mate. The same exactly situation will be with him and Dani Olmo. He is an excellent play-maker with very high technical skills.

LABarcaFan

No more CAMs

He is not a CAM dude. F.D.J and Arthur are CAM's. He is attacking midfielder who creates situations for other. He can equally well play from the right side, from the left side, but his original position is just behind the central forward. Frankie and Arthur are more defensive midfielders, but none of them can take the role of the play-maker or secondary scorer.

LABarcaFan

Can he play the Rakitic role?

Jesus Christ! Why should he play Rakitic's role? What kind of question is this? Do you understand the difference between defensive midfielders (Rakitic, Busquets, Roberto) and attacking midfielders like Iniesta, Vidal and Dani Olmo? We are not going to sign him to play at the Rakitic position. We should sign him as a play-maker and that is exactly where he is playing for Dinamo Zagreb.

gasgas

Honestly, I don't understand the pessimism of some forum members here. Dani Olmo is an ATTACKING MIDFIELDER, not a central midfielder. His job is to create situations for himself and his team-mates. A midfield trio of F.D.J., D.Olmo and A.Melo is the future of Barcelona. Dani can play behind the central forward with Frankie and Arthur at his sides. There is no need of physical presence here. This is not American Football or Rugby. We have played with similar players for a decade ( Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta ) and that was the greatest midfield trio in the World. So, stop been so skeptical and critical. The guy is just 21 y.o. and most importantly, he is our product. I hope, we can sign him in this January window. Here is what Olmo possess at the moment.

SHOOTS EQUALLY WELL WITH BOTH LEGS

FANTASTIC VISION OF THE GAME

VERY ACCURATE PASSES

HIGH INDIVIDUAL SPEED TECHNIQUE

GREAT DRIBBLE BETWEEN SEVERAL DEFENDERS

Dani Olmo is nothing like Iniesta in style and roles

ronniecro

Why he has to leave for half of price? What are you talking about? It looks like you are in Croatia, maybe Dinamo Zagreb fan and that is why you don't want to see Dani Olmo going anywhere else.Am I right?

not at all.
and whats not clear?his contract runs out in 2021,find me one club who would pay full price in the summer when in just six months he will be able to negotiate with other clubs to join them for free. dinamo will have to lower their demands and it's pretty obvious now that everyone who is interested in him will wait until summer to get him for lower price

soul24rage

Jesus Christ! Why should he play Rakitic's role? What kind of question is this? Do you understand the difference between defensive midfielders (Rakitic, Busquets, Roberto) and attacking midfielders like Iniesta, Vidal and Dani Olmo? We are not going to sign him to play at the Rakitic position. We should sign him as a play-maker and that is exactly where he is playing for Dinamo Zagreb.

lol calm down. i don't watch dinamo zagreb so i have no idea how olmo is playing right now. just want to see how versatile he is if he can play that role, which is crucial as long as we're playing this asymmetric system with Messi on the field.

LABarcaFan

not at all.
and whats not clear?his contract runs out in 2021,find me one club who would pay full price in the summer when in just six months he will be able to negotiate with other clubs to join them for free. dinamo will have to lower their demands and it's pretty obvious now that everyone who is interested in him will wait until summer to get him for lower price

So lets wait till the summer, thought. But do you think Dinamo are that much naive to let him walk out for free?

LABarcaFan

lol calm down. i don't watch dinamo zagreb so i have no idea how olmo is playing right now. just want to see how versatile he is if he can play that role, which is crucial as long as we're playing this asymmetric system with Messi on the field.

I am trying to answer your question, but it seems that you don't know anything about this guy. Your question is like... Can Messi play Rakitic's role? Or can Iniesta play Rakitic's role? The answer is NO. They can't.Because, that is not their position. In a FDJ - Olmo - Arthur midfield group, the Dutchman and the Brazilian will take more defensive roles, while Olmo's assignment will be the PLAY-MAKER. Open You Tube and look for Dinamo Zagreb's games, not just the highlights and you will see where exactly plays Olmo. My first answer to your question will be, he plays from box to box. FDJ and Arthur can't do whatever he does. They just don't have that natural talent. Watch 1-2 games and you will get the idea.

LABarcaFan

Here is where Dani Olmo will play in Barcelona.

Semedo - Pique - Lenglet - Alba

......... FDJ........... Arthur...........
............ Dani Olmo ..........

Messi.... Suarez..... Griezmann....

Andresito

Staff member
He is not a CAM dude. F.D.J and Arthur are CAM's.

tenor.gif

Home of Barca Fans