La Liga Round 12

Sunday 11.11.2018. 16:15CET

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png
-
S0fDZjYYytbZaUt0f3cIhg_96x96.png

------

Messi return?

PhilS

With Coutinho out and Messi not cleared to return yet, will Malcom start? I would think that Dembele will get over his illness by Sunday, though his endurance could be down.

Andresito

Staff member
Munir - Suarez - Rafinha :valverde:
I don't believe Malcom will start despite what we all want.

ter Stegen
Semedo - Piqué - Lenglet - Alba
Vidal - Busi - Arthur
Roberto - Suarez - Dembélé

It's time for Vidal to start.

Aleña and Malcom should get plenty of minutes. Alba subbed off with Roberto moving to LB.
Some minutes for Messi if he's cleared.

soul24rage

my lineup vs Betis

Mats---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba/Miranda/Bob---Vidal, Busi, Arthur---Messi/Dembele/Rafinha, Suarez, Malcom

Coutinho is out. I'm not sure if Messi will return. If he is 100% fit, then play him on the RW. Dembele is suffering from gastroenteritis, so I'm not sure if he's going to be 100% fit. It's clear that Malcom has to start whether on the RW or LW

It looked like Alba had a calf problem vs Inter. If he's 100% ok, then I would start him and hopefully he won't play vs Bosnia. If he's not then Miranda or Bob at LB.

As Rakitic will likely play both matches vs Spain and England, rest him and play Vidal.

Hopefully Arthur won't play vs Cameroon, but I think he'll play that game to stake his claim in the first team.

jairzinho

Ideally, both Raki and Busi should be rested here, before those muscle and calf problems start popping up . They’ve both chalked up a lot of minutes so far.

FCBfan22

Malcom has to start. But only on RW. He is a strict RW (very dominant left foot), so he would be no use as LW and would only give a reason to Valverde to bench him. Again.

-------------MATS-----------
Semedo-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
-----------Busquets---------
------Vidal-------Arthur-----
Malcom--Suarez--Dembele

raskolnikov

Im sure Valverde will come up with a cringeworthy line up but I prefer Rakitic and Alba to sit this one out. Malcom and Dembele up front. Bob lb (we dont have a damn lb back up!) Vidal in midfield with Aleña coming on for Busquets if we lead and maybe a Messi sub for Malcom/Dembele after 70 min but its not necesary.
I definitly dont want to see Rafinha/Munir start or both of Rakitic and Alba.
Cowardly Valverde is already burning them out and they will be corpses in march at this rate.

serghei

We need rotations this game. Starters are coming after 2 matches in 3-4 days. We need to see Malcom, Vidal and Alena. Two of those have to start, one has to play some good minutes. Alena for instance can play 20-30 mins if things are looking good.

Rafinha has played quite some games lately and did it poor (one of the worst). Denis is not good enough. Rakitic needs rest.

Things are starting to settle, and Valverde needs to see the sign, interpret them right and grow a pair of balls to fully use the strenght of the squad to keep everyone (as much as possible) fresh, motivated, and somewhat happy about minutes distribution.

We have a clear first 11 at this point. It is:

Stegen - Roberto, Pique, Umtiti, Alba - Rakitic, Busquets, Arthur - Coutinho, Suarez, Messi. This is our clear first 11 be it 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or variants.

We then have 6 players of great quality that can play well no matter the opponent. Almost all of them are young and can grow even more. Those are Lenglet, Semedo, Dembele, Malcom, Arthuro Vidal and Cillesen (his case is difficult though, as you can't really rotate them like the other players).

Valverde simply needs to find a way to give all these 5 players consistent minutes. I don't care how he does it, but he just needs to. Each and everyone of these players have proved to have the ability to play in this team.

This is basically our core. 16-17 players who can step in as starters at any time, as long as they register consistent playing time and aren't mismanaged. These players can, if managed the right way, reach big heights, maybe even a treble. Why not? Coutinho is world class, and Suarez and Messi seem to me the best 2 forwards in the game today.

After these 17 players, the next player who should be playing is absolutely Alena. Only after him should Rafinha, and Munir get chances.

Seniority means jack shit. What you need to do is give time to the players who show they have it. Alena, every single game he played for the first team almost has showed he has buckets of talent.

Last edited:

serghei

Munir did not prove he should be a starter.

He didn't. And since he's not a no9 he should not play much. We should move Messi centrally to rest Suarez and make room for Malcom on the right imo. We can field Dembele - Messi - Malcom in some games easily.

Valverde needs to grow a pair and start to rest Messi and Suarez in some games. It's vital for them to get the right intensity for CL, and it's not gonna happen if they play every game. It's common logic. Zidane rested Ronaldo for CL in the last 2 seasons, and Ronaldo was at his best in CL as a result, being the main factor in Madrid's 3CLs. To be at your best in CL means to be in the best physical form possible. Our motivation seems to be back in this competition, and is now the manager's job to make sure the players are in the best form in march so that we can show we are still the best team in the world. Trashing Madrid every year almost is not enough.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
We need rotations this game. Starters are coming after 2 matches in 3-4 days. We need to see Malcom, Vidal and Alena. Two of those have to start, one has to play some good minutes. Alena for instance can play 20-30 mins if things are looking good.

Rafinha has played quite some games lately and did it poor (one of the worst). Denis is not good enough. Rakitic needs rest.

Things are starting to settle, and Valverde needs to see the sign, interpret them right and grow a pair of balls to fully use the strenght of the squad to keep everyone (as much as possible) fresh, motivated, and somewhat happy about minutes distribution.

We have a clear first 11 at this point. It is:

Stegen - Roberto, Pique, Umtiti, Alba - Rakitic, Busquets, Arthur - Coutinho, Suarez, Messi. This is our clear first 11 be it 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or variants.

We then have 6 players of great quality that can play well no matter the opponent. Almost all of them are young and can grow even more. Those are Lenglet, Semedo, Dembele, Malcom, Arthuro Vidal and Cillesen (his case is difficult though, as you can't really rotate them like the other players).

Valverde simply needs to find a way to give all these 5 players consistent minutes. I don't care how he does it, but he just needs to. Each and everyone of these players have proved to have the ability to play in this team.

This is basically our core. 16-17 players who can step in as starters at any time, as long as they register consistent playing time and aren't mismanaged. These players can, if managed the right way, reach big heights, maybe even a treble. Why not? Coutinho is world class, and Suarez and Messi seem to me the best 2 forwards in the game today.

After these 17 players, the next player who should be playing is absolutely Alena. Only after him should Rafinha, and Munir get chances.

Seniority means jack shit. What you need to do is give time to the players who show they have it. Alena, every single game he played for the first team almost has showed he has buckets of talent.

Fully agree with this. One thing I would like to add , Alba seriously needs rest. He is having the best season of his career and him getting injured would be a huge blow to Barca. I'd try putting Semedo or Roberto as a LB seeing as there is zero chance Miranda will be allowed to play.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans