Lliga | Round 12: FC Barcelona - Real Betis 3-4

gregorrin10

Rakitic and Roberto should have been taken off at halftime.

They shouldn't have even started in the first place. Roberto has been a liability on Rb all season long, opponents are actively focusing on our right side, targeting him and Pique in their gameplan, and succeeding most of the time. While Raki has been visibly dead tired, he's been grossly overplayed, and yet this bum of a manager still keeps on playing him. Lucho at least subbed him off regularly around 60th minute almost every match, but the problem is, that we didn't have the quality bench then, that we have now. Now Raki is two years older, and he's playing 80-90 minutes every single freaking match. It's ridiculous. This was the match for Semedo and Vidal, but tell that to a clueless manager that is EV.

Potroh

We have one of the worst defensive records in top European leagues this season so far. Most mid-table teams are conceding less than us.

That's true but the root problem is not just there.
Valverde is supposed to be a coach who knows about defense more than anything else, so he should have realized by now that with Roberto the defense will always be single-sided.

But the main problem is the midfield. The team doesn't have a "creator" type of player, like Iniesta used to be, thus with Arthur favored these days, there is nobody there to creatively CREATE chances for the attackers.
When have you seen a Barca with three extremely slow and defensive midfielders?

It's also seems to be clear that for EV Coutinho is a winger, despite everyone knows he was brought here to be the air to Iniesta...

Just as I several times mentioned here earlier, the entire season WILL BE like this, some good games, some fiascos, simply because EV's "system" is non existent.

Trickykid

What a pathetic shit-show of a match. I can't decide who I want to hurl most shit at: EV for proving time and time again that he's not able to fix our defense and horrible susceptibility to counters, or the vast majority of the players playing like utter dogshit.

Fucking pathetic all around.

viper76

Thats what happen when you overplay your first 11 the whole team looked very very tried and out of focus and enrgy its solely on our idiot manager .

JerseyAddict

.Barcelona conceded a goal for the 10th consecutive La Liga fixture after Real Betis' Junior Firpo struck in the 20th minute on Sunday, their worst defensive run in 20 years.

You have to go back to 1998 when Louis van Gaal was in charge at Camp Nou for a longer run of games without a clean sheet. Back then, the Catalan giants conceded in 12 matches in a row, so if Barca concede in their next two league fixtures against Atletico Madrid and Villarreal, they will equal that record.

OMG

Kul_z

Good match of football, entertaining. Thing is that even if we lost, we made chances, it wasn't dull, helpless. But thats the only positive. Ter Stegen third goal, i was surprised how bad he reacted, definetly under his level by far. All in all, strange game, but at least we can clearly now see what an uttershit are pique and roberto as the pairing in defense. Holy fuck.

mladenq

Just saw somebody saying "Barca nowadays are a joke", it kills me to hear that. Why and how did we become a joke?

We became a joke when Bartomeu became the president, after which he first brought in L Enrique who was a complete imbecile, did nothing structure-wise, had no system whatsoever, but since he won a treble in his first year (thanks to Messi, Suarez and luck mostly) he had the credit to be kept on the bench for three more years, during which he was systematically ruining the team. Just look at how many fking mediocre players he bought, while at the same time failing to promote a single young player during his tenure.

When he left I thought there's literally no way we can get a worse coach, but I was sooo wrong, we got a 3x times bigger imbecile, who continued running some idiotic Enrique ideas, like keeping that fking useless slowpoke Rakitic in first 11 constantly, and forcing players to play positions they are not best at (like S Roberto) thus ruining their true potential, slowly but surely forever. I swear S Roberto could've become a top class midfield player if it wasn't for these two imbeciles. The thing with Valverde is that not only he kept some stupis Enrique routines, but he even amplified them and added his own demented touch on it. Enrique was at least offensive, this pathetic loser would play his strongest 11 against a team of 10yearolds and then defend after leading 2:0.

So to sumarise on how we became a joke
an imbecile becomes the club's president > he brings retarded coaches on board > they stray away from club's philosophy (gameplay, la masia) while promoting no-system-luckandmesswillsaveme type of gameplay and mediocre players like rakitic > we become ze joke and get outplayed against most lower part of the league teams

this probably wouldn't have happened if an average fan wasn't a complete idiot who's incapable of critical thinking, and if the fanbase tried to do something about the club's management
i remember when enrique won the treble, and there was this serbian sports website i was visiting, out of maybe 200 barca fans there, only me and this one other guy were saying that enrique is in fact an idiot and that that treble will cost us dearly 'cause it guarantees his stay at the club for at least 2-3 more years, the other 99% were like 'duuuuur, we have results, duur, if you know better why aren't you the coach'...

Altomonte

We should probably play Semedo as RB and give Piqué a break from time to time.
If Umtiti is fit maybe ha can team with Lenglet? Today's match was a disaster, despite Messi's return. Are the players not trying as hard when Messi plays?
Piqué had a bad game defensively. When he was trying to compensate by heading a goal he jumped and tried to score instead of leaving the perfect cross to Arturo Vidal who was behind and perfectly positioned. It would have been 4:4. Piqué messed up even in offense. Not a good day for him.
Even MAtS messed up today - a day to forget.

PhilS

Well, Vidal played well, and he will start the next game. Messi has begun to play himself back into shape. Coutinho, Arthur, Busquets and Rakitic have found ways to get at least a little bit of rest.

It's clear that Vidal, Semedo and maybe even Alena must be used more.

It's also good that Umtiti is coming back.
Most of the first choice team looked burnt out.

No outfield player should ever start all 6 games in three weeks.

Givenchy

Just saw somebody saying "Barca nowadays are a joke", it kills me to hear that. Why and how did we become a joke? Our defense is one of the worst among European elite teams, our midfield is incapacitated, and our offense is hit and miss. We have no consistency whatsoever, the only consistency we have is our shitty defense (including Ter Stegen) that will concede again and again and again.

This team really breaks my heart.

depends who the person that said that supports.. i'd say only City could get away with calling us a joke right now

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
depends who the person that said that supports.. i'd say only City could get away with calling us a joke right now

No idea, just some random football fan who enjoys seeing us being this deteriorated I guess.

Man this one really hurts. I couldn't sleep well last night and woke up several times, wishing it was just a bad dream. Now it hurts even more after it is sinking in. This is one of the most humiliating defeats in my opinion, conceding 4 at home against a bottom of the table team. I read that this was the first game where Messi scored a brace and yet we still lost. And AT CAMP NOU.

The most depressing thing is that I don't see any lights at the end of the tunnel. Valverde is so clueless in his post-game remarks and we all know he won't do shit to improve. A long season to endure.

Home of Barca Fans