Football Leaks

serghei

Apparently some big news involving big clubs from spiegel
Seem FIFA current president was involved in giving leeway for PSG and City for FFP

Elite clubs want a super league too

http://www.spiegel.de/international...-and-psg-pact-with-the-sheikhs-a-1236414.html
http://www.spiegel.de/international...-for-elite-league-of-top-clubs-a-1236447.html

Don't see what's the big break. Everybody knows PSG and City use fake and inflated sponsorship deals to pour money into the club and circumvent FFP. People also know UEFA is well aware of it but they allow it anyway.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If they create a Super League, will the Champions League be botched or downgraded to a EL level competition?

Do the elite clubs get more TV and prize money that way?

khaled_a_d

Don't see what's the big break. Everybody knows PSG and City use fake and inflated sponsorship deals to pour money into the club and circumvent FFP. People also know UEFA is well aware of it but they allow it anyway.

When there is direct accusation for FIFA president playing crucial role it is sort of big news.
That is different from those clubs being able to use loopholes in the rules.

If they create a Super League, will the Champions League be botched or downgraded to a EL level competition?

Still reading the details, but it is likely will be NBA type of league, UEFA won't have a hand in it. Clubs will consist their own league, hire their own commissioner and tell UEFA to fuck off

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Still reading the details, but it is likely will be NBA type of league, UEFA won't have a hand in it. Clubs will consist their own league, hire their own commissioner and tell UEFA to fuck off

Interesting, so it doesn't fall under jurisdiction of UEFA, just an independent tournament sanctioned by FIFA?

If that is the case, then CL is pretty much gone, since the big clubs won't have time to participate in both the SL and the CL.

xXKonan

They also mention they will cover a so-called World star player who won Multiple CL's who failed a drug test in the coming weeks.

I feel like if it was someone like Messi or CR7 I think it would have been much bigger than the way they described. If I had to guess its probably someone like a Bale.

serghei

When there is direct accusation for FIFA president playing crucial role it is sort of big news.
That is different from those clubs being able to use loopholes in the rules.

They need big solid evidence to prove anything. As long as it stays in UEFA's backyard, PSG and City will not be punished. These things are and were known, they can make a difference with these articles only by providing evidence of this cover up to the ones that can punish the clubs involved and the UEFA officials.

Last edited:

Morten

CL, before and after they changed format/name have been the biggest tournament in club football since forever, they better not touch it, if it ain`t broke, dont fix it.

serghei

CL, before and after they changed format/name have been the biggest tournament in club football since forever, they better not touch it, if it ain`t broke, dont fix it.

CL is losing its appeal fast. Many games in the top leagues produce higher level of football than CL. A change is needed but this Superleague could end up a disaster.

Best would be a league format + play off and play out. Would reduce the element of luck by a lot.

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

They also mention they will cover a so-called World star player who won Multiple CL's who failed a drug test in the coming weeks.

I feel like if it was someone like Messi or CR7 I think it would have been much bigger than the way they described. If I had to guess its probably someone like a Bale.

What is certain is that he must be a Barca or Real Madrid player. No other club won more than 1 CL in the last decade.

Morten

CL is losing its appeal fast. Many games in the top leagues produce higher level of football than CL. A chance is needed but this Superleague could end up a disaster.

Best would be a league format + play off and play out. Would reduce the element of luck by a lot.

Says who, exactly? Nothing draws attention like big knockout matches in the CL, and i dont see that changing anytime soon.
Not everything needs to be a league format, part of the reason why CL is so exiting is that its knockouts, one mistake and you are out.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think it will be like the NFL.

Teams sorted into divisions, then one-off playoffs games based on rankings/wins & losses and one huge championship game.

All this will run along with the domestic leagues.

It might not be a bad idea tbh. It gives all the major teams equal share of control and they won't have to conform to any UEFA fuckery and corruption.

Ok, maybe not equal share, but this is very interesting nonetheless

Photo won't come up, but here's the link: actually never mind I'll upload it myself

30wnx8w.jpg

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans