Which Real Madrid thrashing is your favorite?

Centauri B

Since we have just recently dished yet another spanking to our great eternal rivals, I thought it interesting to ask the good people of this forum on which particular Real Madrid thrashing is their favorite. The 2-6 massacre during Pep's first season? The 5-0 demolition of Mourinho/CR150? The 0-4 riot with Suarez-Iniesta and Neymar doing their thing? Or what about last year's 0-3 without even playing too well? Why not the most recent 5-1, with Messi having no part at all and most of the rest of the squad proving that they may be worth the Barca jersey after all?

You can choose based on any criteria you like, personal, important of the game, quality of football, spectacular goals or whatever.

You can also choose a much more ancient game, such as the Romario-led annihilation of the 90s or even the historic 0-5 at the BernaLeo from the Cruyff era.

Last edited:

ronniecro

i still can't decide between 2-6 or wrecking mourinho 5-0...maybe 2-6 because it was on their grounds

Vilarrubi

Since we have just recently dished yet another spanking to our great eternal rivals, I thought it interesting to ask the good people of this forum on which particular Real Madrid thrashing is their favorite. The 2-6 massacre during Pep's first season? The 5-0 demolition of Mourinho/CR150? The 0-4 riot with Suarez-Iniesta and Neymar doing their thing? Or what about last year's 0-3 without even playing too well? Why not the most recent 5-1, with Messi having no part at all and most of the rest of the squad proving that they may be worth the Barca jersey after all?

You can choose based on any criteria you like, personal, important of the game, quality of football, spectacular goals or whatever.

You can also choose a much more ancient game, such as the Romario-led annihilation of the 90s or even the historic 0-5 at the BernaLeo from the Cruyff era.

Should make this into a poll... with “Other” as an option too.

Andresito

Staff member
Definitely one of 2-6 and 5-0.

Leaning towards the 2-6. It had some drama with Madrid scoring first.
Also Puyol's header with him kissing the armband.

Cule4life

The Culest
In footballing terms it was hands down 5-0. We utterly annihilated them that day and made them look like a pub team.

Trickykid

The 5-0 for me, essily. My first kid was born a few hours after the match, meaning I couldn't watch the match but only follow it via Twitter updates while my wife was in labour. Watched it twice in a row when we got back home from the hospital the following day.
One of the singular most defining experiences for anyone out there coupled with the birth of your first kid - A pretty decent night all in all.

Centauri B

5-0 in 2011 was the greatest team performance of all time.

To be perfectly honest. That's exactly what it was.

It was as if, Jesus and his apostles came down to earth, and decided to play the perfect football match. It was the quintessential sample of what Barca and THAT generation of greats could do on a green rectangle. I have never seen anything remotely like it, before or since.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

5-0. After having to stomach that arrogant little prick run gleefully on the field and taunt us with fucking bullshit bus tactics that kept us from (rightfully) being the first team to defend the CL, watching us pick him apart with the best football ever played was a joy to behold.

A close second however was the 4-0 at the Bernaleo. We really should have repeated that season, too. MSN was sensational that season, Messi is always Messi but Neymar and Suarez were playing lights out too. The goal Iniesta scores where, he Suarez and Neymar link up with Neymar's backheel setting up Iniesta is one of the goals I've come to treasure the most over these years.

Home of Barca Fans