CL | Round 3: Barca - Inter 2-0

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wednesday, 24st of October, 21:00CET

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png
gpWqqaYc9yESzfkfspryoA_96x96.png

----------

Should be an interesting match between two teams with maximum points so far and could get sticky without Messi to bail us out.

Barcilliant

Inter have three important players out. Yes, we're missing Messi but a draw or loss at home would be shameful given their injuries.

If we lose Valverde should resign asap.

EdmondDantes

Does anyone else reckon Valverde might be tempted to start Sergi Roberto (instead of Dembele) on the right wing?

I'm thinking he always tries to find a way to shoehorn Roberto in the starting 11 and now that Semedo has been doing well at right back, he can't bench him so that's the only spot left.

I hope not but it might work against Inter.

LMTR14

I don't get people who claim it's boring to watch barca. I'm always totally horny for the next game! I want to see good football and lots of goals, and even if that doesn't work out I wanna see all the little storylines and dramas play out (e.g. the Pique fail storyline and the Rakitic fatigue saga). and then afterwards read the comments and complaining here. ^^

soul24rage

Does anyone else reckon Valverde might be tempted to start Sergi Roberto (instead of Dembele) on the right wing?

I'm thinking he always tries to find a way to shoehorn Roberto in the starting 11 and now that Semedo has been doing well at right back, he can't bench him so that's the only spot left.

I hope not but it might work against Inter.

i could see that happening. munir, dembele and rafinha are also candidates for the RW. I'm pretty sure malcom will be left out the squad.

EdmondDantes

i could see that happening. munir, dembele and rafinha are also candidates for the RW. I'm pretty sure malcom will be left out the squad.

I'm not the only one then.

I keep thinking about the face Valverde made when Dembele lost possession vs Sevilla. You're probably right, Rafinha is in with a shout too; and he's more of a hybrid right-winger/midfielder than Roberto. Plus he's got Champions League experience and knows Inter like inside out. And he's fit and rested as well.

PhilS

I thinking the same thing, Rafinha may well start this game. More likely, he'll be the first sub.

Ter Stegen
Roberto Pique Lenglet Alba
Rakitic Busquets
Arthur
Dembele Suarez Coutinho

If Dembele is in the clouds again, he could be subbed very early. Semedo will come in for Roberto at 60 minutes, as Valverde continues getting Roberto fully back to 90 minute condition.

EdmondDantes

I just noticed that Inter played the Milan derby last night, a high-octane match, as our players were enjoying their day off. Plus they'll be travelling to the Camp Nou as well. We should be better than them physically at least.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I just noticed that Inter played the Milan derby last night, a high-octane match, as our players were enjoying their day off. Plus they'll be travelling to the Camp Nou as well. We should be better than them physically at least.

Noticed Inter were pressing hard for good amount of time as well. I'd say it's a definitive advantage but we all know they are going to cover more kms than us anyway.

FCBfan22

I saw they are likely playing 3-4-2-1. Play with 4-3-3 with Dembele and Coutinho on the wings and stretch their backline silly.

Also, no LW to make a lawnchair out of Pique (who is picking up form).

Home of Barca Fans