Luka Jović

Devils

To bump Konan's news post to this page:

[tw]1108406886754332673[/tw]

Bid incoming.

Looks like we are going to sign both De Ligt and Jovic over the next few weeks.

We are building the most elite team in Europe, dawg. Nobody even comes close.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I get the concerns from guys like Bojan and Raketa.

But at the same time, I don't think we can really afford to wait it out and hope some younger option emerge in the next couple of years. With Suarez, you can tell his own body is going against him and he's 32 years old this year.

While we have some positions that we can afford to wait such as Midfield, CB, GK, RB? etc. But with number 9s we can't afford to sit around and wait.

henias

Probably not as talented as Suarez was but still would take him over Griezmann any day. I was so against Griezmann when the rumours were "certain" he was set for Barca, everyone hyped him including Jamdavie but I knew he doesn't suit Barca at all. Jovic fits the profile much better. Would be the best backup for now.

Zidane82

To bump Konan's news post to this page:

[tw]1108406886754332673[/tw]

Bid incoming.

Looks like we are going to sign both De Ligt and Jovic over the next few weeks.

We are building the most elite team in Europe, dawg. Nobody even comes close.
That would be amazing !!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
From fact's point of view:
Luka Jovic, born December 1997, which means that he is 21 years and 3 Months old today.
Luis Suarez, born in January 1987. He had 21 years and 3 Months (exact age of a current Jovic) in April of 2008.

So, that means that in a season 2007-08, Suarez was actually slightly younger than a current Jovic.

Let's use our time-machine, travel to 2007-08 and check this:

Lol really? You're using a season when Suarez was 21 in the Eredivisie and he had 17 goals in 33 matches vs Jovic who has 15 in 24 in a far stronger league with the season yet to finish? And let's not act like Jovic doesn't have some crazy goals/highlights either, cause he is scoring bangers with both feet and making impressive plays. Jovic is getting interest from all top clubs in his first season as a full starter while Suarez took multiple seasons at Ajax to even draw the attention of then midtable Liverpool.

And I'm not trying to shit on Suarez at Ajax or say Jovic is an equal prospect. Suarez at Ajax was an unpredictable beast of a player and he is easily one of the best strikers of the past 20-30 years overall. If Jovic becomes anywhere near the player Suarez is then we've made an amazing purchase.

I'm just trying to point out that players break out at different times and just because Jovic wasn't that standout before this season doesn't mean he is a fluke. You forgot about Lewa who was a totally unkown player for many years before breaking out. Or Cavani who was scoring practically single digit goals as a starter for Palermo for a while before moving to Napoli and improving.

Players figure out the game and put it all together into the sweet spots at different points in their career. And often times when they do figure it out and start producing results with it, they never look back. That's pretty much what a breakout is. You don't even need to look at strikers for this exclusively, the likes of Modric/Kante were not renowned as the best prospects of their positions until their mid twenties or later.

Idk how Jovic is getting shat on because he just broke onto the scene at 21 lmao, not even like he's old whatsoever. He's showing more and more ball skills by the day. He's not stylistically comparable to Paco at all. Paco practically does not dribble the ball or make key passes. Jovic is clearly ahead in both stats in this regard. Jovic also has 5 assists to 0 in the Bundesliga. Jovic also has significantly more touches per game in general and plays for a team with FAR less possession and a wing based attacking style that limits his ability to play the way he would at Barca.

Paco's stats on paper are much more similar to Icardi, both poachers who really can't do anything with the ball at their feet.

Raketa10

Lol really? You're using a season when Suarez was 21 in the Eredivisie and he had 17 goals in 33 matches vs Jovic who has 15 in 24 in a far stronger league with the season yet to finish? And let's not act like Jovic doesn't have some crazy goals/highlights either, cause he is scoring bangers with both feet and making impressive plays. Jovic is getting interest from all top clubs in his first season as a full starter while Suarez took multiple seasons at Ajax to even draw the attention of then midtable Liverpool.

And I'm not trying to shit on Suarez at Ajax or say Jovic is an equal prospect. Suarez at Ajax was an unpredictable beast of a player and he is easily one of the best strikers of the past 20-30 years overall. If Jovic becomes anywhere near the player Suarez is then we've made an amazing purchase.

I'm just trying to point out that players break out at different times and just because Jovic wasn't that standout before this season doesn't mean he is a fluke. You forgot about Lewa who was a totally unkown player for many years before breaking out. Or Cavani who was scoring practically single digit goals as a starter for Palermo for a while before moving to Napoli and improving.

Players figure out the game and put it all together into the sweet spots at different points in their career. And often times when they do figure it out and start producing results with it, they never look back. That's pretty much what a breakout is. You don't even need to look at strikers for this exclusively, the likes of Modric/Kante were not renowned as the best prospects of their positions until their mid twenties or later.

Idk how Jovic is getting shat on because he just broke onto the scene at 21 lmao, not even like he's old whatsoever. He's showing more and more ball skills by the day. He's not stylistically comparable to Paco at all. Paco practically does not dribble the ball or make key passes. Jovic is clearly ahead in both stats in this regard. Jovic also has 5 assists to 0 in the Bundesliga. Jovic also has significantly more touches per game in general and plays for a team with FAR less possession and a wing based attacking style that limits his ability to play the way he would at Barca.

Paco's stats on paper are much more similar to Icardi, both poachers who really can't do anything with the ball at their feet.

First of all "his first season as starter" what does that even mean? What was he doing during his 2 seasons in Benfica and his first season in Frankfurt? You wrote this like it's a good a not bad thing that he didn't show anything special until this season.

Secondly you are describing this guy like he is a world wonder while in fact he is only one season wonder for now. If he performed like this for 2 or 3 seasons in a row than I would be more than excited if were in the race for him. IMHO 60 mil for ONE season is just to much. I sincerely doubt that European clubs will be all over him if that amount is correct.

Thirdly I agree that German league is better than Dutch but the level of German league has dropped significantly in the last couple of years. Paco scored 14 goals in less playing time and even Kramaric scored 13 goals in Bundesliga this season and I don't rate him at all.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What's wrong with signing someone like Jovic for 50m if possible? I don't understand the complaints? There's no guarantee a better prospect will pop up next year.

Home of Barca Fans