Luka Jović

Riordon

Not impressed by what I have seen. Piatek would have been a better option.

Jovic might be a good rotation player but IMO not good enough to replace Suárez for good

MTL_Barca

Not as impressive lately but still a great season. Good player but tbh i could also see this being Paco 2.0 if we bring him in now.

Jombi

Its difficult. We have to strike very early to avoid the price skyrocketing as well, even though striking early is more risky. Our funds are limited and we cant wait for a long time. The same would apply to someone like Rafael Leao from Lille (who they got for free from Sporting last summer!) as well. Of course, Lille's management says he's the Portuguese Mbappe.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Good stuff. One of my favorites to replace Suárez with. Anyway I always confuse his surname with that of Nikola Jokic.:lol:

Replace Suarez? Have you ever watched him play??? Dude be serious he is nowhere near that level. He is on the level of Paco or even worse.

I hope this is bullshit. He is not a solution for Barca since he is just not good enough, not by a long shot. We should go for Maxi Gomez instead. And even Maxi would be just a backup as things stand right now. Buying Jovic is just throwing money out of the window and that's something we can't afford to do again. I hope our board isn't that blind and stupid.

Last edited:

Sorin

Let's be real here, he'll be another Paco for us. Until this joke of a manager is discarded there's no point even trying to get someone. He'll play 2 minutes here, 2 minutes there, with lack of any tactics and attacking patterns whatsoever and then we'll wonder once again what's wrong with the player and why doesn't he score from the limited chances he gets.

Andresito

Staff member
Doesn't feel like the real deal. Frankfurt won't let him go for cheap either.

Should go for someone else imo.

El Gato

Villarato!
Wrong end of the stick when looking to the future you lot...

Jović is a good choice, pretty much ideal at 21. Then again, so was Alcacer, but Jović seems to have more of an upside.

It's not his quality you ought to worry about, he wouldn't need to do anything measurable at Barcelona for at least 1-2 years. Suarez and Messi will still keep going for another 2 years at least and Dembele will be an additional boost.

He'd need to:
a) show the balls to make any manager, whether it's EV or anybody else, believe that he is an alternative to Luis, Paco didn't and he still lets himself be overwhelmed and one dimensional
b) keep his priorities straight - if he wants to make it big, then he can't get pissed off after 1 or 2 years of playing 2nd fiddle

But yes - won't likely be cheap. If you do get him, it ought to be ~€40-50M max.

Leo_Messi

Replace Suarez? Have you ever watched him play??? Dude be serious he is nowhere near that level. He is on the level of Paco or even worse.

I hope this is bullshit. He is not a solution for Barca since he is just not good enough, not by a long shot. We should go for Maxi Gomez instead. And even Maxi would be just a backup as things stand right now. Buying Jovic is just throwing money out of the window and that's something we can't afford to do again. I hope our board isn't that blind and stupid.

You cannot replace Suárez directly as things stand now. The tiny number of strikers that might be able to replace him are not available.

Have you watched him extensively for you to be so certain about him flopping and not even being on the level of Paco? The same Paco that has inferior numbers to him while playing for a vastly superior team (Dortmund) that creates many more chances than Frankfurt. Being 5 years older as well and more experienced.

If rumors are to be believed the board disagrees with you and Jovic is one of their favorites. He won't be too expensive either. Young, scores goals (in a variety of ways so not a one-trick pony), highly rated, a fighter and great all-round abilities (if reports are to be believed and what Frankfurt fans are saying about him). What is there not to like?

You have more realistic options in mind that will likely cost as little as Jovic will? Or is it the typical antipathy towards anything Serbian as almost every user that is against us buying him is a Croatian like you. Seems like there is a pattern here. Either that or you guys see something that most of Europe is not seeing, namely that he is some average Serbian bloke playing in Frankfurt. No offense.

Maxi Gómez is a worse option stylistically speaking. Much less mobile and explosive. If you think that Jovic is a bad fit, you will like the Maxi Gómez option even less.

My personal favorite of young upcoming strikers is Richarlison but he won't be sold for anything less than €80-100 million if he keeps improving. Him and Lautaro Martínez who has yet to prove his worth in Inter after a bad start. There are not many other really promising strikers out there who tick most of the boxes while being poachers/having an eye for a goal at the same time. Even the likes of Richarlison and Martínez are unknowns similar to the likes of Pépé and others at this point in time.

Or do you want us to pay €100 million for that unknown Benfica kid that is a hybrid between a number 10 and 9 and who has 10 full professional games under his belt as a 19 year old? Jovic is a serial winner. Won in Serbia, won in Portugal (albeit with little to no role) and won with Frankfurt (DFB-Pokal) against Bayern where he was outstanding in the final. Played in a World Cup too. Now he is the topscorer in arguably the third or at least fourth best league in the world as a recently turned 21 year old playing for an average side. Scoring plenty of goals in the Europa League for what it is worth as well.

If he fails, he will be shipped out and one of the flavors of the season will be bought as usual. We will always have quality players (strikers in particular) playing for us. No other club has had as many elite strikers as we have had historically speaking.

At least he won't cost what your favorite Coutinho, that you defend constantly, cost us. €160 fucking million and about to become the biggest flop in football history given his price and comparing that with the expectations and his actual performances here 1+ year into his career for us.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

I guess we have to be in for realistic options like him, but he is far from proven. But nowadays proven means +100M€ and we can't splash every single summer.

Any news on Rashford and his contract? I would go all in for him first before thinking about jovic.

Thought the same thing a few weeks back - but it is only a dream, as ManU has a extension-option for 1 more year, so until 2021 (that is before he maybe extends).

Leo_Messi

Any news on Rashford and his contract? I would go all in for him first before thinking about jovic.

An Englishman in Barça? Moreover a youngster that is a Man Utd talent and even born in Manchester? What could not go wrong? As likely as us buying Kane. Not a goalscorer either.

Riordon

An Englishman in Barça? Moreover a youngster that is a Man Utd talent and even born in Manchester? What could not go wrong? As likely as us buying Kane. Not a goalscorer either.

He has been really good since they got a new coach. I like his power and pace with he combines with excellent technique. And he has scored plenty of goals.

It can be Jovic in the topscorer in the BL but lets not forget 5 of those goals came in the same match in a 7-1 thrashing. So more than a 1/3 of his BL goals comes from the same match.

My main concern with Jovic is that he doesn't seem that good on the ball, regarding technique and passing. He is a killer infront of the goal but so was Paco. It didn't work.

Home of Barca Fans