Luka Jović

El Trencaxarxes

Luka Jović

6wQ32U8.png

Full name: Luka Jović
Nationality: Serbian
Date of birth: 23 December 1997 (age 20)
Place of birth: Bijeljina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Height: 1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)[1]
Playing position: Striker
Current club: Eintracht Frankfurt

Career statistics:
o6EKNLj.png

WhoScored profile.
Strengths: Finishing (Strong).
Weaknesses: Aerial Duels (Weak), Defensive contribution (Weak).
Style of Play: Likes to do layoffs, plays the ball off the ground often, counter attack threat, does not dive into tackles, commits fouls often.

El Trencaxarxes

This guy put five past Düsseldorf just the other night. He looks like he's the real deal. 20 years of age and taking the Bundesliga by storm at the moment. I hope we're monitoring him closely because sooner or later we'll have to replace Suárez and Jović is young enough to be an option whenever the time for Suárez to go may come.

Havesaks

Could he be longterm Suarez replacement? Scored twice today, 12 goals total in league - including 5 goals in one game.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He looks very good. Sturdy build and wins his share of aerial duels but has a very Griezman-like game on the ball and great shooting technique.

Hope we show interest in him at some point but he definitely won't be that cheap once big clubs start to take notice (and Barca will not be the first to the party I'm willing to bet).

Porque

Niko Kovac was his manager last season before taking over at Bayern Munich. Surely Bayern would be interested in signing him with their aging attack.

https://bulinews.com/news/1105/frankfurt-boss-confirms-jovic-signing
" "We will trigger the clause. He will eventually become a Frankfurt player," Hübner told Kicker.

"It is a really good contract for Eintracht Frankfurt," he added.

According to Kicker, Frankfurt will have to pay approximately €10-12 million to sign the Serbian striker. "

---

Now this is interesting though. Very low purchase clause for Frankfurt to buy him from Benfica. If a big club can convince the player and his agent then there is a deal to made there.

But for me, there is no chance Barcelona go for such a young player to replace Suarez, while Suarez is not going to be losing minutes to a young unproven player like Jovic. Hell, it is unlikely Mbappe would even play ahead of Suarez here.

So seeing a talent like Jovic in Barcelona is hard. He wouldn't reach our 11 for another 2 season minimum. Is he the guy for us to invest in now and leave him in Germany or somewhere else for 2 years? Chances are during that time another hot striker will arrive that fans will be cooning over.

Note: Only full game I watched was Frankfurt vs. Bayern so not in a position to form opinion on him.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
[youtube]RjhxQzWiXX0[/youtube]

Was just watching some of his goals so far this season, the guy is talented for sure. Similar to Dembele, I still can't tell whether he is left or right footed, seems like he scores every other goal with a different foot.

I say we use whatever money we got for Paco as a down payment for this guy. TOP TALENT!

Xavinho

[tw]1083022468594450433[/tw]

Nothing new really, but I hope we really have been following Jovic closely.

Raketa10

Nah, we need a world class striker to replace Suarez and Jovic is far from that.

Last edited:

Raketa10

World class strikers such as who?

Such as Kane or Firmino anything else is as serious downgrade. If we can not sign a world class level striker we should wait for the right opportunity on the market. We shouldn't just sign another Alcacer unless we are searching only for a backup striker. Problem is that a backup striker shouldn't be paid more than 30 mil and that's a SF in today's market. IMHO either we go for a world class striker and pay the money or we should aim for a young talented kid whose price is still not inflated. Paying huge amount of money for a player who will only be a backup for Suarez and who will be benched in 9 out of 10 games is plain stupid.

FFS can't we just develop a backup striker on our own?! La Masia is becoming seriously pathetic these days.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans