Luka Jović

Messi983

Piatek will be 24 in a few months and he has 6 good months on a top level behind him, I would hardly consider him a "talent".

SeloBarca

Do you consider Piatek to be that much better? Based on what? Not trolling, I am genuinely curious. I have not been following Serie A other than the occasional top derby clashes.

Much more mobile, faster, runs more in the gaps and has a better ability to be at the right place at the right time.
Plays a bit like Suarez.
Jovic is more like Ibrahimovich who plays more with his back against the goal. Way to static.

FinBarcelonafan

Much more mobile, faster, runs more in the gaps and has a better ability to be at the right place at the right time.
Plays a bit like Suarez.
Jovic is more like Ibrahimovich who plays more with his back against the goal. Way to static.

Perfect for our team then. Static is the way to go with Valverde.

FC433

I have only watched one game for Jovic, but I am not sure why some of you think that his playstyle is similar to Kane and Icardi? I do not believe that he is even one bit static. He is very agile and light from what I have seen.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

I have only watched one game for Jovic, but I am not sure why some of you think that his playstyle is similar to Kane and Icardi? I do not believe that he is even one bit static. He is very agile and light from what I have seen.

Didn't strike me as static either. I actually thought the way he moved and balance a bit like Suarez. But i will say to me he didn't look any better than his strike partners of Rebic and Haller. That said he is 21 if the scouts think he has a good change to keep developing, a reasonable buy. Remember this is mid-level 40ish move like for Malcom, Lenglet or Arthur--we are not in the FDJ range let alone Dembele or Coutinho. he just needs to be better than Paco or Munir as a legitimate sub for Suarez the next few years, anything better (future starter) is gravy.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
As I said in the Felix thread, Jovic has been compared far more to the likes of Falcao and Suarez than to Icardi or Paco. In fact, [MENTION=20770]Raketa10[/MENTION] I would ask you if you really have seen that much of Jovic to say all the things you have been about how rubbish he is. Because people who closely follow the Bundesliga often say he's a gem of a prospect and shows flashes of true world class ability.

Frankfurt play a very wing based game anyway, which limits how much impact Jovic can make on the ball. He'd have a different role at Barca. He does, however, demonstrate moments where he's comfortably able to make the kinds of plays we'd need from him. He seems great at running off the last defender for finishes, as well as dropping a bit with his back to goal and turning out of pressure. We always play better with a striker who Messi can target for 1-2's with good holdup play. Strong, 2 footed, good aerially, and seems comfortable on the ball too.

At his age, none of Suarez/Lewa/Falcao were shining at the top level. He is scoring buckets of goals and seems like he doesn't have obvious limitations as a prospect. I think it could be very easy to see him develop an elite technical side to his game if he comes to Barca and learns these habits early.

CanadianCanadian

IF we can get him for 40-50 Million Euro i don't think we should hesitate. Keep Suarez for one more year while he settles and we'll have a solid Centre Forward for a decade :suarez1:

Home of Barca Fans