Luka Jović

kattanib

Omg all of those goals are sooo good!!!

Didn’t you just get roasted earlier by someone saying he won’t be playing ahead of Benzema? Jog on.

He seems skillful, very confident and intelligent .. he is of quality foundation regardless he succeeds or not in Madrid

kattanib

:lol::lol::lol:

The absolute state of this fanbase.

You can get a good first impression if you know what you are looking for. By simply looking at a player’s highlights during a recent game or over the past few months you can get a read on their level of intelligence and skill set. It took me little to see that Dembele has horrible ball control and isn’t that smart and I have said long ago that he is a Di Maria at best and I wasn’t wrong. Regardless Luka succeeds or not in Madrid, one cannot deny that he seems intelligent and a good decision maker, skillful, confident and tough. He seems like a player any team would be lucky to have.

BarçaBarça

You can get a good first impression if you know what you are looking for. By simply looking at a player’s highlights during a recent game or over the past few months you can get a read on their level of intelligence and skill set. It took me little to see that Dembele has horrible ball control and isn’t that smart and I have said long ago that he is a Di Maria at best and I wasn’t wrong. Regardless Luka succeeds or not in Madrid, one cannot deny that he seems intelligent and a good decision maker, skillful, confident and tough. He seems like a player any team would be lucky to have.

Dembele is not a Di Maria, please. He is in a higher bracket of quality, imo - was Di Maria even in Madrid at 22?

Jovic look great, especially his finishing, but it is very uncertain whether he is Real-level, imo. A few things is uncertain: How will he react to not be certain starter? How will he come back if he goes on a little goalless streak? Can he do it in bigger matches than what he has played now? He has only been in Bundesliga and EL, Real plays in La Liga against tougher opposition in the top + Champions League.

El Gato

Villarato!
Omg all of those goals are sooo good!!!

Didn’t you just get roasted earlier by someone saying he won’t be playing ahead of Benzema? Jog on.

Nah, being called a hater is nothing new. Just thought I'd refresh your memory and perhaps show you some of those outside the knockouts. No big deal.

Here's more for Big Bad Benz fans

Porque

Jovic will get more opportunities at Madrid with Zidane than he would of got at Barcelona with Valverde and Suarez. Better fit for Madrid as they have a more varied attack than us which can make better use of his abilities.

Still wanted him though, but the better option for Barcelona is Maxi Gomez as he will be a pure B option with little expectation from himself and the club compared to Jovic of ever being our starter. Suarez too will actively want to help him thanks to being his national team heir.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

For our fans who are sad because we lost Luka Jovic, slow down.
Let's see how will he actually perform in a big club in La Liga.

Interesting stats, for example:
Jovic, 2249 minutes in Bundesliga this season: 17 goals
Paco, 1205 minutes in Bundesliga this season: 18 goals

Jovic: 132 minutes needed for 1 goal
Paco: 67 minutes needed for 1 goal

So guys, don't do a Hara-Kiri yet.
Let's see what Jovic can do at Real Madrid first.

BBZ8800

haha that was funny :lol:

crazy how much Paco sucked when he was playing here! Is it some type of mental block?

1. France, Italy and Germany are weaker than La Liga.
So, often a player plays well in those leagues and struggles in La Liga.
2. playing for a smaller team is different than playing for Barca and Real.
Paco, Jovic, Malcom, Dembele were key players in their former teams and they were allowed to do whatever they wanted on a field (more or less):
= if you want to dribble, do it
= if you want to shoot, do it
= if you want to take corners, set pieces and penalties, do it
= if you want to play more as a CAM than as a winger, do it
When you come to Barca, you will not be a key player anymore. You will be one out of 5-6 key players.
When you come to Barca, the whole team will not revolve around you. Teammates won't try to pass to you in every single action anymore.
Also, smaller teams are built to get the best out of Jovic, Paco, Malcom, Dembele.
So, a small team is built around Jovic's or Malcom's virtues, while at Barca, Jovic and Malcom need to change their ways and adapt to Barca, not the other way around.
3. then there is a pressure thing, since a pressure and expectations is low in smaller clubs. In a bigger clubs, you will soon get trashed by papers and fans like Coutinho and Dembele.
4. there is a possibility that you will get benched at Barca, even though you played well. Because a team has a lot of forwards. At Rennes, Bordeaux or Eintracht, you will play no matter what:
If you play good=you will play.
If you play bad=you will play.
So, you will have plenty of time to regain your lost form and lost confidence.
At Barca:
If you play good=maybe you will play, maybe you will still get benched (not only during EV, but during all coaches, remember Pedro during MSN for example).
If you play bad=you will get benched, unless if you are a club's legend on high wages.

So, if Dembele, Malcom, Paco, Jovic played well in a different league and in smaller clubs which were built around them and around their strengths, it doesn't tell us too much how a player will play at Barca.
And as always, a coach is not guilty for absolutely everything. (Btw. Paco played bad under Lucho also).

I am not saying that Jovic can't make it.
I have no idea what will happen.
But he is far from a safe bet.
He has talent and a good season at a smaller club.
Now let's see what will happen with 10 of other factors which can ruin his career in a top level club.
The statistical chance is always HIGHER that a player will fail (in a big club) than that he will reach expectations. Griezmann, Cou, Dembele, Malcom, Semedo, Jovic, Vinicuis, ANY signing.

Last edited:

Gaudi

It's down to our style. We rely on technique more than anything. If you play the way we do, especially this days, you are often surrounded by multiple players and you need great close control and dribbling.
I watched Jovic and dortmund this year. It's not that Paco played all that different but their style and apropos that their goals are vastly different.
Jovic needs to be fed with balls in the box. He would look awful with us.

Barcilliant

Will be an absolute gun for Madrid. He is lethal in the box and Madrid will keep swinging those crosses in.

Incoming liga for the Algerian wizard.

utility73

Just watched the EURO U21 match vs Austria. He was nowhere to be seen. On the other hand the whole team of Serbia was total crap.

Home of Barca Fans