Luka Jović

MTL_Barca

I don't know, we have paid scouts for that, but for me Jović is not that guy.

Well and these scouts seem to favor Jovic. I guess there must be a reason for that.

Jovic also isn't my ideal striker, but we have to work with what is available. The perfect fit won't just pop up out of nowhere for us to grab.

Catta

It's a risk worth taking, even for 60 mil. There are not many great strikers, and most of them are 31+. Suarez, Lewa, Aguero, Higuain, Benzema, Costa, Cavani, Mandzo, Dzeko, Aubameyang. Each top team is playing with an old number 9. There are some exceptions like Firmino who is not a natural goalscorer, Icardi who is to limited, Kane who is to expensive, Mbappe unobtainable. Or players like Lukaku, Morata, Paco, Milik, etc. who are not great, and probably won't ever be.

Take the gamble with Jovic, because next season all the big clubs will be looking for new strikers.

cro-man

Not sure if any decent young striker will join us as long as suarez is here. Also who knows how much money he will cost. I read here 50-60m but seeing how crazy this current market is i am not sure we about that price you are talking about. Did he talk about his future or mention us?

Raketa10

It's a risk worth taking, even for 60 mil. There are not many great strikers, and most of them are 31+. Suarez, Lewa, Aguero, Higuain, Benzema, Costa, Cavani, Mandzo, Dzeko, Aubameyang. Each top team is playing with an old number 9. There are some exceptions like Firmino who is not a natural goalscorer, Icardi who is to limited, Kane who is to expensive, Mbappe unobtainable. Or players like Lukaku, Morata, Paco, Milik, etc. who are not great, and probably won't ever be.

Take the gamble with Jovic, because next season all the big clubs will be looking for new strikers.

You forgot to mention Rashford who has a great potential for sure.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
According to Miguel Rico, Jovic is our priority along with De Ligt.

The same one who said we could only afford to have one big name signing this summer?

These so-called journalists change a few things and recycle stuff and have the easiest jobs in the world.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The same one who said we could only afford to have one big name signing this summer?

These so-called journalists change a few things and recycle stuff and have the easiest jobs in the world.

Jovic is hardly a big name signing on the level of Matthijs de Ligt.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Griezmann is obviously a far superior player but there is so much baggage with his public disrespect to Barca last year and his general tendency to make headlines about himself constantly, not dissimilar to Neymar. Also, I am very confident that EV would use him in a way that benches Dembele and plays him alongside Suarez since Griezmann is versatile enough for that. With Jovic he is too similar to Suarez positionally for that to happen so it forces EV to use him in the way we'd intend as Suarez's understudy until he grows/improves.

Plus we've already spent 80+ on FDJ and will do so on MDL as well. With Griezmann costing 120m we may well have to scrap MDL to fund that or if we try to get both we'll get fucked by FFP. Even with just Jovic and MDL we're on a fine line spending wise.

For those who don't want him, who exactly can we get as an alternative? Maxi Gomez? Won't be much cheaper, and I just see flashes of brilliance in Jovic that go beyond strength/aerial duels the way Gomez seems to play. Being perfectly two footed and scoring extremely difficult/dextrous finishes is no easy task, and he's very efficient with his shots. He's young enough and shows enough base skills that he'll learn a lot about combination play if he comes here this summer and develops alongside Suarez/Messi and the likes.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
FDJ, De Ligt and Jovic would be perfect additions for next season and the future. They would help immediately but would also make sure we are set in upcoming seasons.
Add Filipe Luis as a veteran and it would be an ideal transfer window.

Catta

You forgot to mention Rashford who has a great potential for sure.

Isn't Rashford more of a wide forward like Neymar, Salah, Mane, Alexis, etc. There are others that I didn't include like Martial, Jesus, Lacazette, Piatek, Simeone, Dembele etc. But most of them are to expensive, not good enough or not for sale.

The point is most big teams will have to take a gamble in the next couple of years, I believe it's better to gamble now rather than wait.

henias

Griezmann is obviously a far superior player

Not really. Griezmann wouldn't fit here in Barca and is overrated, he is a classic goal poacher but extremely limited. He lacks alot of composure and mostly depends on his pace to be on the front foot. He does stack goals but honestly I don't rate him that highly.

I was right about the Coutinho signing and Griezmann is overly hyped. Many think he is as good as it seems on the surface. Stat padding does bolster their credibility, but quality is the real deal, has been for Barca. Even if Griezmann doesnt have ego issues, I wouldn't want him.

Raketa10

Isn't Rashford more of a wide forward like Neymar, Salah, Mane, Alexis, etc. There are others that I didn't include like Martial, Jesus, Lacazette, Piatek, Simeone, Dembele etc. But most of them are to expensive, not good enough or not for sale.

The point is most big teams will have to take a gamble in the next couple of years, I believe it's better to gamble now rather than wait.

Rashford can play both positions.

Home of Barca Fans