Luka Jović

messi2140

6racies Xavi
FDJ, De Ligt and Jovic would be perfect additions for next season and the future. They would help immediately but would also make sure we are set in upcoming seasons.
Add Filipe Luis as a veteran and it would be an ideal transfer window.

That would easily be the best bench Barca ever had.

Raketa10

I’d take him over Kane any day and Kane is supposedly worth 200 million ( that’s a joke ) ...
WTF? :facepalm:

You know, you sure do a lot of bitching about price, and not a single time has the prices of these players impacted us the way your crying would suggest it would.

Never impacted us? Look at our expenses FFS. Let's go full retard and pay 100mil for every player we bring! Jesus Christ some of you would easily overpay every hyped player. If 70 mil is a fair price for Jovic than 120mil is a bargain for Griezmann.

Last edited:

Androutsos

Not really. Griezmann wouldn't fit here in Barca and is overrated, he is a classic goal poacher but extremely limited. He lacks alot of composure and mostly depends on his pace to be on the front foot. He does stack goals but honestly I don't rate him that highly.

I was right about the Coutinho signing and Griezmann is overly hyped. Many think he is as good as it seems on the surface. Stat padding does bolster their credibility, but quality is the real deal, has been for Barca. Even if Griezmann doesnt have ego issues, I wouldn't want him.

That is so far away from the truth regarding Griezmann that I'm almost certain you haven't seen him play before.

BBZ8800

When was it?

Young Frenkie, young De Light, one season wonder Jovic till now, vs:
2006: bench: veteran Larsson, young Messi, Van Bommel, young Iniesta, Motta, Oleguer, Silvinho.

1998-99, A team back then actually had way too many good players. Like 22-25.
And too many players were angry since they couldn't get playing time.

After those days, our coaches started to use smaller roosters with 18 equal players, and not 25 players like in late 90s.
Barca had in attacking positions: Rivaldo, Figo, Lucho, Kluivert, Sonny Anderson, Giovanni, Oscar Garcia, Zenden.
So, Ballon D Or Rivaldo, Ballon D Or Figo, Kluivert, 3rd best scorer for Netherlands ever.
Also, people are familiar with Lucho.
Bench options, for younger fans, were for example:
Sonny Anderson, who later became a hero of Lyon, when Lyon was winning French titles each season in France in early 2000s:

And another Brasilian Giovanni:

Oscar Garcia, who's brother Roger also played as a winger:

Last edited:

Total-Football

Just scored one for Serbia.

About time we get someone who can head. ;)
I love youe posts but actually thats a proven myth.. when you have a system you need an attacker who suits your system period. some people were saying exactly this when we swapped etoo for ibra..a player who can head and tall as hell.. we got that of course (heading) and lost everything else that an agile player like etoo had.. we soon corrected that by dishing out ibra for another midget. you dont need a specific way of scoring or every way of scoring.. you just need few.. but few that your attacker can provide constantly.. and for barca..those few are on-pitch- passes finishings.

Nothanks

it wouldn't hurt to have a tank upfront that can out muscle defenders in the air...

suarez when he got here out muscled players on the ground but i wouldn't be opposed to someone who can damage teams in our many corners / free kicks or crosses\
especially against teams that park it vs us.

now is jovic that guy? idk im no expert on him.

El Guaje

I love youe posts but actually thats a proven myth.. when you have a system you need an attacker who suits your system period. some people were saying exactly this when we swapped etoo for ibra..a player who can head and tall as hell.. we got that of course (heading) and lost everything else that an agile player like etoo had.. we soon corrected that by dishing out ibra for another midget. you dont need a specific way of scoring or every way of scoring.. you just need few.. but few that your attacker can provide constantly.. and for barca..those few are on-pitch- passes finishings.

Ibra was actually very, very good until he was asked to play as some kind of winger.

Messi983

Ibra was actually very, very good until he was asked to play as some kind of winger.

Agreed.

Ibra had two problems here:
1. Clash of egos with Pep
2. We wanted to build our game around Messi.

If we wouldn't have Messi and with another manager Ibra in his prime would be as good player as any player to build around. He probably still wouldn't stay here for more than 4-5 years though.

MagIX

Ibra is not a team player, selfish or his ego or psychopath or whatever, he always had problems with his teammates and/or coach, even his teammates from NT were happy that he was no longer there. He's not the kind of player to build a winning team, and in fact he never won anything important.

Messi983

He has won like 10 consecutive league titles.

We would easy won La Liga most of the seasons he would be here. And I don't really give that much importance to the CL as most people.

Home of Barca Fans