Luka Jović

Raketa10

Yes, I'm sure Tottenham and Liverpool will quote us very reasonable prices for those two.

Suarez is about to turn 32.

Of course they won't this is the reason I said we should wait. Suarez is 32 and still better than majority of strikers out there who are expensive as hell. So what's your solution? To buy a random striker and spend crazy amount of money just to fill the squad? Luka Jovic was nothing special until this year and Eintracht has a buy option on him so his price will skyrocket and he is far from a certain bet. That's why I said we should definitely look elsewhere. IMHO if we'll go for a backup striker Maxi Gomez should be a better and cheaper solution at the moment.

Last edited:

Messi983

There are no realistically available worldclass strikers. Kane has a contract till 2024 and Levy would probably demand a new world record transfer fee if he would even sell because Kane seems to be happy where he is so why would Tottenham consider selling him? And we can forget about Firmino until 2021 and by then he'll be too old to make a serious investment.

So we can either wait and pray that a new worldclass striker will emerge over the next few years (and then hope we could get that player for affordable price and he would actually want to sign with us, because teams like RM and Bayern will probably also be looking for new strikers) and play Suarez until his contract expires or we can risk and sign one of the younger strikers we're linked to (Jović, Werner, Maxi Gomez, Piatek,...) for 40-50M in hope they can become our next starters. Yes, it's risky because whoever we'll buy could easily fail here but not doing anything is even more dangerous IMO.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Nah, we need a world class striker to replace Suarez and Jovic is far from that.

we don't need one. None of Mane, Salah or Firmino were world class when Liverpool bought them Or Sane, Jesus etc. at City.

Jovic or Maxi Gomez are the best available options for us.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
[tw]1083538699332321280[/tw]

Looks to me it’s an own goal but nice work prior to the shot/cross.

[youtube]urcpXyUrFSE[/youtube]

Devils

Glad we are being linked with him.

I've been scouting him for the past few years and my reports show nothing but positive conclusions.

Very smart buy. Incredible talent with world class potential.

Riordon

Glad we are being linked with him.

I've been scouting him for the past few years and my reports show nothing but positive conclusions.

Very smart buy. Incredible talent with world class potential.

Sounds good. Can you describe him for us? What is he good at? Which striker does he remind you of? And do you think he can become a striker who scores around 40 goal pr season?

Devils

Sounds good. Can you describe him for us? What is he good at? Which striker does he remind you of? And do you think he can become a striker who scores around 40 goal pr season?

He's unbelievably clinical for a young talent, it's almost as if his finishing abilities are already the finished product. He's pretty tall too so he's a threat on aerially but his height doesn't affect his speed either, he's pretty quick. Also he is physically aggressive with defenders.

He's a striker in the same realm as Costa, Mandzukic and Dzeko. Albeit he's faster and at such a young age showing he is more potential to be a better finisher than those three.

No doubt he will be scoring 30-40 goals per season if he moves to a top club.

Riordon

He's unbelievably clinical for a young talent, it's almost as if his finishing abilities are already the finished product. He's pretty tall too so he's a threat on aerially but his height doesn't affect his speed either, he's pretty quick. Also he is physically aggressive with defenders.

He's a striker in the same realm as Costa, Mandzukic and Dzeko. Albeit he's faster and at such a young age showing he is more potential to be a better finisher than those three.

No doubt he will be scoring 30-40 goals per season if he moves to a top club.

Great. What about his technical level? Is it good enough against deep blocks or does he needs space like Werner?

Devils

Great. What about his technical level? Is it good enough against deep blocks or does he needs space like Werner?

Very good dribbler, average passer (which might be a problem at Barca), good first touch,.

He doesn't need that much space. Like I said he has a good first touch and his pretty pacey and strong so he is pretty good at turning defenders. Also when he is in the box, he tends not to take many touches, he has a natural strikers instinct and is very clinical. You get the ball to him inside the box and he will only need 1-2 touches before MAX he puts it into the back of the net.

He has Lewandowski like finishing abilities, or at least comparable to Lewandowski when he was young too.

Riordon

Very good dribbler, average passer (which might be a problem at Barca), good first touch,.

He doesn't need that much space. Like I said he has a good first touch and his pretty pacey and strong so he is pretty good at turning defenders. Also when he is in the box, he tends not to take many touches, he has a natural strikers instinct and is very clinical. You get the ball to him inside the box and he will only need 1-2 touches before MAX he puts it into the back of the net.

He has Lewandowski like finishing abilities, or at least comparable to Lewandowski when he was young too.

Apparently he has a 45m clause which is cheap for a young striker in this market.

My concern with him is his technique. I have my doubt whether he will be able to combine with Messi and our midfields against a low block. Everything else looks fine based on youtube videos.

He has 12 goals in 15 matches but important to remember that 5 of them was in the same game.

xavi_the_Boss

I doubt that we will be able to sign someone like Kane or Firmino.I guess we will have to go for someone like him or Maxi Gomez.

Donatello

Another player that Barca drags for long time, increases hype, & skyrocket his price.

I don't know why we publicize every potential target, only to further increase his price? We got Malcom for 40M, because it was fast and we didn't drag it for a bit. That's what Real madrid does and most of the time gets the players cheap or at a reasonable rate. I know you can't work completely in shadows, but still, these things can be dealt in a better way.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans