Luka Jović

Porque

Rebic is not Barca material not even close and neither Jovic nor Gomez would "walk" into our starting lineup but I really hope we'll go for Maxi because he won't need much time to adapt. I also agree that market for strikers is underwhelming.

Definitely not Barcelona starting quality (Rebic) but I do not have a problem of having these type of players on each line to flesh out the squad each season, especially in the problem positions that the B team does not provide any cover currently like attackers/strikers and leftback. Again we're talking about KPB minutes here and Miranda minutes there.

Regarding Maxi and Jovic, I personally prefer Jovic but as mentioned before about Maxi, he may be more workable as I assume Suarez will see him as his heir in the international team, realling try to integrate him as the long term solution for club and country. Again this is only an assumption and they may hate each others guts, but I find it plausible. :p.

Last edited:

FC433

Scored a goal and gave two assists today.

21 goals and 6 assists in 31 games this season.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We're getting this guy, aren't we?

Will be bitterly disappointed when people find out he has no skills to play at Barca. But then again Suarez plays here all the time so who knows how low we can fall.

Jombi

We're getting this guy, aren't we?

Will be bitterly disappointed when people find out he has no skills to play at Barca. But then again Suarez plays here all the time so who knows how low we can fall.

Do you think he has no skills to play at Barca?

Porque

Watched the first half and his impact was nominal. Very quiet.

Checked the highlights, the space afforded for goal 1 (assist) and goal 2 (Jovic goal) was laughable. Well taken and all, but that type of space won't happen playing for Barca.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a tough decision. Messi doesnt have lungs to be a winger and he finds it uncomfortable in the middle (finds more space with us having a cf occupying central backs).

God Serena

No skills whatsover except finishing. And even that one season wonder till now.

Finishing is the exact thing we do not have even a bit of from Suarez. The start of his decline saw him missing open nets against Real Madrid and now look at him.

God Serena

We should probably drop the concept of "Barca quality" when discussing strikers. There's no such thing at this point. Just give us someone better than Suarez.

Arizona Scott

Reports in England (sky/bbc) are that City is sniffing around Jovic. Whether that is to jack our price up or it is of sincere interest (think he has more of a future for them than Jesus?), I don't know

Home of Barca Fans