Luka Jović

Raketa10

I don't know, maybe some of you are right and I am wrong but from what I have seen so far I don't see him as a Barca material at all.

Messi983

So you want to tell me you see him as a starter material? A guy who wasn't good enough to play for Benfica? A guy who had ONE good season so far in a mid table German team? Honestly?

As said I don't know if he'll ever be good enough to start for us but we don't have many options. Proven players (Kane, Mbappe, Firmino,...) are too expensive/unavailable so we need to gamble and I think Jović is our best option from what I've seen from him. I wouldn't mind Maxi Gomez too because he's more proven in La Liga but I see Jović as a better fit.

Joan

That's likely. Majority of players don't end up being good enough for us. Vast majority.

I said I hadn't seen enough to judge. Just, him starting to perform aged 21 doesn't mean he won't make it.

Arizona Scott

That's likely. Majority of players don't end up being good enough for us. Vast majority.

I said I hadn't seen enough to judge. Just, him starting to perform aged 21 doesn't mean he won't make it.

I mean even guys we think are great bets or near sure things sometimes look like flops (coutinho, fabregas, matthieu, ibra) or disasters (turan). The only sure thing playerwise was suarez, but then he wasnt a sure thing suspension wise and chemistry wise. I guess villa was the last completely confident transfer all things considered. (Neymar and dembele we really didnt know how they would adapt though saw massibe talent)

Just trying to make smart bets, but still bets.

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Jovic's Goal vs Shakhtar Donetsk

[youtube]YPsXVm3Gy-s[/youtube]

His 20th goal in all competitions.

Arizona Scott

I think any of their frontmen has potential to help us. Jovic is the youngest at 21, Haller is 24 and Rebic 25. Rebic made the lowest ceiling but I always see great effort by him (national team and a little bit on Frankfurt). I do not know why Haller doesn't get more publicity and interest, what little I have seen of him he impressed me. His goal and assists numbers are excellent.

If we think Jovic is the best of these already, and has the most upside, that is good enough for me.

God Serena

Looks like he's smarter than a braindead chimpanzee, so he's probably better than Suarez. I don't see why he wouldn't walk into our lineup.

El Guaje

Looks like he's smarter than a braindead chimpanzee, so he's probably better than Suarez. I don't see why he wouldn't walk into our lineup.

Because Fraudverde is our coach. He can bag a hattrick in every game he plays and Fraudverde would still keep Suarez as a starter. Jovic would maybe, just maaaybe get to play twice a month if he is a little luckier than poor Malcom.

Fuckin Jesus in heaven i hate Valverde so much.

Givenchy

gotta say im underwhelmed with the ST market. I really dont see any of them making it here in the long run but i'll be happy to be proven wrong - ofc right now anyone is an improvement over Suarez but ST is the one position we have to get right.. especially when Messi is gone

khaled_a_d

gotta say im underwhelmed with the ST market. I really dont see any of them making it here in the long run but i'll be happy to be proven wrong - ofc right now anyone is an improvement over Suarez but ST is the one position we have to get right.. especially when Messi is gone

This year their seem to be more options than last year tbf. Last year it seemed Griezmann and emerging Maxi Gomez along the usual suspects (Kane/Icardi), now players like Leao, Jovic, Piatec or even "possible strikers" as Felix and Pepe

Porque

Rebic could of been signed last summer for, what, just over 2 million euros. That's the fee of the Boateng loan- just for perspective. Would of been a better backup option off the bench that Valverde wouldn't have trusted :D.

Jovic reminds me of Aguero on the ball and his finishing style. Not saying he is in the same vein of quality, but we will need someone with that clinical edge. He is the most ready of the young strikers on the market along with Maxi Gomez.

It is a case of picking your poison and hoping Valverde doesn't kill them.

I think we should look at Piatek and not think "look how well he is doing at Milan and what we missed out on", but rather "if Piatek can do that with better players at Milan, I wonder what Jovic can do here".

Last edited:

clemente

21 year old topping Bundesliga playing for Frankfurt underwhelming? Looks exciting to me.

Raketa10

Rebic could of been signed last summer for, what, just over 2 million euros. That's the fee of the Boateng loan- just for perspective. Would of been a better backup option off the bench that Valverde wouldn't have trusted :D.

Jovic reminds me of Aguero on the ball and his finishing style. Not saying he is in the same vein of quality, but we will need someone with that clinical edge. He is the most ready of the young strikers on the market along with Maxi Gomez.

It is a case of picking your poison and hoping Valverde doesn't kill them.

I think we should look at Piatek and not think "look how well he is doing at Milan and what we missed out on", but rather "if Piatek can do that with better players at Milan, I wonder what Jovic can do here".

Rebic is not Barca material not even close and neither Jovic nor Gomez would "walk" into our starting lineup but I really hope we'll go for Maxi because he won't need much time to adapt. I also agree that market for strikers is underwhelming.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Maxi, Jovic etc might not become Suarez prime level but tbf there isn't always a player available for every position where it's obvious to say "yeah this guy becomes top 3 in the next couple years".

For now i think buying one of the talented young strikers seems relatively low risk to me as long as we can get them at a reasonable price. Proven world class or like Dembele tier talents at CF position would easily cost 100-150M these days so getting one for like 50M that has the talent to at least become a solid starter for a CL club wouldn't be a bad investment. As long as he doesn't get the Paco treatment and becomes basically useless it shouldn't be hard to get at least like 35-40M back in a couple years if we are looking for an upgrade then and best case is we get a starter for decent money in market where starter quality offensive players are just absurdly expensive.

I'd agree that atm there isn't someone that would just walk straight into our starting 11 for years to come but we absolutely need to sign someone so it's not like we can just wait until there is the perfect player available. Seems like all available players are kind of gamble right now, but we don't really have a choice.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans