aaron101

6 febrero: Barça-Madrid
9-febrero: Atleti-Madrid
13-febrero: Ajax-Madrid
27-febrero: Madrid-Barça
2-marzo: Madrid-Barça
5-marzo: Madrid-Ajax

Joan

That depends on the stakes and the other side's form. You're quite regularly shite when the opponent comes out to play, there's something at stake, such as progression to the next round or the streak, and you don't know how to fight back from a losing position (Roma, to an extent Seville and Levante in May). But if the pressure isn't that high and the other team ain't too bothered, or isn't doing so great anyway then you're fine (Real, Spurs).

Copa games should be better than the league Clasico in this case.

Of course, but there are some trends. We often look clueless against strong opposition away from home. Not the case with Real. Maybe could explain things some other way if one approached matches individually.

TrueCule

Let's finish this tie on Wednesday and end Madrid's chances of advancing. I just hope that we smash them like we did on the first Clasico.

Alik

I highly doubt it's possible to end the tie in the first leg. If Roma was able to make a remontada in the second leg, so can Madrid even if we put 3 past them.

soul24rage

So I've just seen the schedule and it looks like we're playing Sevilla away on Saturday, Feb. 23 (we play Lyon on Tuesday, Feb. 19) and RM are playing Levante away on Sunday, Feb. 24. We'll have an extra day to recover for the 2nd leg just like for the 1st leg so hopefully we'll take advantage of that.

Leo_Messi

Looking forward to the Real Betis-Valencia game tonight. Although I want to see a strong Valencia again challenging for the top 3 if not the league title (ideally), I like Betis and would want to see them make the final as well.

Despite that, I think that there will be more "morbo" if Valencia reaches the final given our history and recent games in the past few years. Marcelino, being the more pragmatic coach, might just outclass Setién here and punish him on the counter.

EDIT: We have played 3 CdR finals against Valencia and won 2 of them while we have played against Betis once and that was during the "famous" 1997 final at the Santiago Bernabéu where Gaspart had our anthem played several times.:lol: Since then we have never played a single CdR final at the SB.

We had quite a time back then but inexplicably threw the league title away.

Ronaldo, Figo, Enrique, Pep, Bakero, Baía, Giovanni, Stoickhov, Sergi, Ferrer, Blanc, Amor, Abelardo, Nadal, de la Peña, Couto, Prosinecki, Pizzi, LOPETEGUI etc. and last of all the GOAT Amunike.:lol: What a team!

Altomonte

6 febrero: Barça-Madrid
9-febrero: Atleti-Madrid
13-febrero: Ajax-Madrid
27-febrero: Madrid-Barça
2-marzo: Madrid-Barça
5-marzo: Madrid-Ajax

add Alaves on Feb 3 and you almost feel sorry for RM: 3 games in 6 days. That should give Atletico a big advantage on Saturday.
According to reliable statistics collected by several sports medicine experts the injury risk increases 6-fold for players asked to play 3 games within a week. For RM it will be 3 games within 6 days.

Messi983

Looking forward to the Real Betis-Valencia game tonight. Although I want to see a strong Valencia again challenging for the top 3 if not the league title (ideally), I like Betis and would want to see them make the final as well.

Despite that, I think that there will be more "morbo" if Valencia reaches the final given our history and recent games in the past few years. Marcelino, being the more pragmatic coach, might just outclass Setién here and punish him on the counter.

EDIT: We have played 3 CdR finals against Valencia and won 2 of them while we have played against Betis once and that was during the "famous" 1997 final at the Santiago Bernabéu where Gaspart had our anthem played several times.:lol: Since then we have never played a single CdR final at the SB.

We had quite a time back then but inexplicably threw the league title away.

Ronaldo, Figo, Enrique, Pep, Bakero, Baía, Giovanni, Stoickhov, Sergi, Ferrer, Blanc, Amor, Abelardo, Nadal, de la Peña, Couto, Prosinecki, Pizzi, LOPETEGUI etc. and last of all the GOAT Amunike.:lol: What a team!

Hristo. :wub: :worthy:

Messi983

Looks like Betis will play with 4 at the back, I like that.

[tw]1093582902774951936[/tw]

[tw]1093585272778960896[/tw]

[youtube]8SiOVOUkqcE[/youtube]

:worthy::worthy:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think Valencia deserved a draw. Not sad Betis won though.

Edit. I talked too soon. 2-2!

Messi983

Not a bad idea IMO.

Luis Rubiales, the Spanish Football Federation's president, has confirmed that the Spanish Super Cup will be dramatically different going forward, with the format and the location of the competition to change.

There will now be four teams involved, expending from the traditional two, and the tournament will be played outside of Spain.

"The next Super Cup will be played outside of Spain with a 'Final Four' format," Rubiales said at a press conference on Tuesday.

LaLiga Santander's top two will be joined by the two Copa del Rey finalists in the competition and the first edition will be played this year.

soul24rage

For me, I wish the Super Cup only took one game like this season with Barca vs Sevilla in Morocco. One fewer game to prepare for La Liga and a one off game makes the game more intense.

Home of Barca Fans