Jadon Sancho

Yannik

Can't deny it was a penalty. But Sancho helped the ref by throwing himself.

It was noticable during the whole game: Sancho seems to like diving and exaggerating, very South American in that sense.

I mean he's like every fast winger worldwide in this regard really.. It's part of the game, technical player will always dribble in the box just to draw the foul. It's up to the defenders to rethink challenges on quick footed players inside the box. The best defenders seem to have a much more cautious attempt. Players like Lahm or Maldini were not even trying to engange in tackles here, they were just blocking the passing ways and only intercept when they were really sure about success. Semedo on the other hand..

Last edited:

Copperpot

Banned
He's got nowhere near the quality or x factor that makes him worth that much. If he was a young neymar or hazard sure,

I never want to see us sign an English player. They just don't have the technique to play for Barca.

Just joined to say what a load of nonsense!

Sancho and Mbappe are regarded as best 20 and under players in world football right now and rightfully so.

If Sancho was Brazilian he would be regarded as the best young Brazilian talent and heir to Pele in the same way Neymar was, Sancho has potential to be the best player in world football, just like Neymar was tipped to be and let’s have it right at nearly 28 years of age hasn’t fulfilled his potential (yet) due to ego, so far Neymar won’t be remembered alongside the likes of Ronaldihno/L.Ronaldo in 20 years never mind C.Ronaldo or Messi, every bit as talented yes, but as of yet not fulfilled his ‘potential’.

Talent wise 18/19 year old Sancho is every bit as talented as an 18/19 year old Neymar and with a seemingly less ego than Neymar, may actually go on to fulfill his potential and his potential being a potential Ballon d’or winner and a generational talent.

Jenks

Just joined to say what a load of nonsense!

Sancho and Mbappe are regarded as best 20 and under players in world football right now and rightfully so.

If Sancho was Brazilian he would be regarded as the best young Brazilian talent and heir to Pele in the same way Neymar was, Sancho has potential to be the best player in world football, just like Neymar was tipped to be and let’s have it right at nearly 28 years of age hasn’t fulfilled his potential (yet) due to ego, so far Neymar won’t be remembered alongside the likes of Ronaldihno/L.Ronaldo in 20 years never mind C.Ronaldo or Messi, every bit as talented yes, but as of yet not fulfilled his ‘potential’.

Talent wise 18/19 year old Sancho is every bit as talented as an 18/19 year old Neymar and with a seemingly less ego than Neymar, may actually go on to fulfill his potential and his potential being a potential Ballon d’or winner and a generational talent.

At 19 years of age Neymar was scoring 43 goals in 47 games for Santos. You're massively overrating Sancho if you think he's at that level at present. I think he can produce world class numbers at the highest level at some point in his career, but I think sooner rather than later he's going to have to move to a club where he'll have to fight for his place. At Dortmund he pops up in vital moments to score goals and register assists, but he doesn't dominate games the way his talent level suggests that he could.

Last edited:

Copperpot

Banned
At 19 years of age Neymar was scoring 43 goals in 47 games for Santos. You're massively overrating Sancho if you think he's at that level at present. I think he can produce world class numbers at the highest level at some point in his career, but I think sooner rather than later he's going to have to move to a club where he'll have to fight for his place.

At Sancho’s age Neymar had 79 games for Santos, scored 36 goals and assisted 21 and most of Neymar’s goals came in the Campeonato Paulista, a pre-season type of competition which Pele scored 466 goals in.

Here are both records at same ages.

Neymar (Matches/Goals/Assists):
Club: 79 36 21
NT: 9 5 1

Sancho (Matches/Goals/Assists):
Club: 55 14 23
NT: 8 2 3

Quite similar, but i don’t think it’s not unfair to say Sancho is playing at a higher level than Neymar was, Sancho is currently playing his trade in a top 5 league in the world (imo 3rd best league) and regularly in the best competition in the world (Champions League).

At Dortmund he pops up in vital moments to score goals and register assists, but he doesn't dominate games the way his talent level suggests that he could. He's still

The guy's just started his career, so you can't expect him to do that, in the same way C.Ronaldo/Messi never did at 18/19. But Sancho has made a goal or an assist every 0.67 matches on average for Dortmund which says he has an impact on a match every 67 mins on average.

I don’t think he had his best game against Barcelona, but won a penalty and should have scored.

Fees of £150 million for him are not being thrown about for him as a joke and clubs aren't willing to pay that figure for a laugh, that figure is being thrown around and clubs are willing to pay it because he’s a little bit good and at only 19 years of age as potential to be one of the best players in the world.

Last edited:

Givenchy

This guy literally one of the few young players who will challenge Mbappe for the Balon dor. We need a main men after messi retire and he could be the one

Sancho isn't comparable to Mbappe.

Mbappe is a generational talent, Sancho will be a world class talent also theres question marks regarding his attitude - showboating when his team are 3-0 down also isn't a good look

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This guy literally one of the few young players who will challenge Mbappe for the Balon dor. We need a main men after messi retire and he could be the one

Dembele was a better player than Sancho at BVB, and no, Sancho is not close to being good enough to challenge Mbappé for anything. He's also not better than Joao Felix.

I don't want Barcelona to pay 100m+ on another talent. If it's not the likes of Mbappé, Mané, Neymar, heck even Son, I don't even want to hear about it.

Wasted enough money on players we have to build up and develop. Unless it's a generational talent it's not worth it right now and Sancho is not someone like that.

Acnologia

Sancho isn't comparable to Mbappe.

Mbappe is a generational talent, Sancho will be a world class talent also theres question marks regarding his attitude - showboating when his team are 3-0 down also isn't a good look

Sancho is still one of the best young players on the world.We need someone who has the potential to become a top 3 player in the future and he has the potential to be. We can't hold on to Dembele when all he does is lose the ball, get injured and have poor performances

Home of Barca Fans