Administrator
Staff member
La Liga Round 8

Sunday 7 October, 20:45 CET

QPbjvDwI_0Wuu4tCS2O6uw_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

soul24rage

We must win this match. There's the international break for some players so we shouldn't rotate at all. I would play this line-up in 433

Mats---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---Vidal, Busi, Arthur---Messi, Suarez, Coutinho

I think Rakitic needs a rest and bring on Dembele in the 2nd half.
I feel ATM is likely to win over Betis at home and Real are playing away to Alaves, who's in great form and let's hope Alaves can keep it up.
Let's keep the good mood from the Spurs match go on.

PhilS

I have not heard that either Roberto or Umtitti have been cleared to play for this match. I would start:

Ter Stegen
Semedo Pique Lenglet Alba
Busquets Vidal
Arthur
Coutinho Messi Dembele

I'd like to see Lenglet given another shot, though switching to Vermailen would be understandable.

Must start Vidal and Dembele. Along with Semedo and Arthur, they are in the 15 squad members who must play regularly. Unless there are injuries, all of these 15 should get over 2500 minutes this season. Barca needs every one of them to keep up peak playing form, to not get exhausted, and to maintain high morale. This many are required for the three trophy campaign. Rotate constantly among this group.

Among the outfield players, I see a drop off in quality down to the remaining squad members. Maybe the core should include 16, adding Lenglet. The rest of the roster will only be needed much at all for when there are injuries. Tough for them, but this is not a development squad.

serghei

We could have drawn this game had we won our easier games vs Leganes, Girona, Biblao at home. Now we have to get back those lost points in the derbies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dembele and Vidal have to start. I'm not too fussed with La Liga but I do want to see us play better football and give chances to youngsters/new players this season. Valverde is not delivering in any area so far and this has to change. Hope fans in Barcelona start demanding more as well.

xXKonan

We will likely see Both Dembele and Vidal with Rakitic and Suarez being rested.

Suarez is having some knee discomfort and I hope Valverde doesn't decide to play him off the bat.

Vahue

I expect a more difficult match than against Tottenham. Valencia usually make things hard for us.

Barcilliant

Dembele and Vidal have to start. I'm not too fussed with La Liga but I do want to see us play better football and give chances to youngsters/new players this season. Valverde is not delivering in any area so far and this has to change. Hope fans in Barcelona start demanding more as well.

This. Vidal and Dembele are too good to rot on the bench.

jairzinho

I would like to see Vidal and Dembele start but Valverde is a very stubborn man. Won’t be surprised if both Raki and Suarez start even though they should be rested.

raki

I would like to see Vidal and Dembele start but Valverde is a very stubborn man. Won’t be surprised if both Raki and Suarez start even though they should be rested.

Rest in such a difficult game?

Suarez can rest 2 weeks after the game.

Home of Barca Fans