New proposed crest

khaled_a_d

Not bad, last one is better but sport franchise always has to make those changes (I think for marketing reasons) so next one was always gonna be a downgrade

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't really understand how removing 'FCB' would make us more recognizable globally as they're implying.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How does removing FCB make it more recognizable? It's easier to argue that removing the initials of the club makes it less recognizable.

I was speaking more in Juventus' case, the big letter J stands out more than their previous crest.

We followed the similar line of thinking for marketing purposes. But in our case, yes, I concur that removing FCB does not make it more recognizable, to the average consumers. Which is something that bothers me too.

Moe

powered by;
I actually quite like it. They made it simpler and they made the colours more consistent. The yellow of the senyera wasn't the same shade as the yellow of the crest, the red of St. George was of a much different shade than the red in blaugrana. In addition, removing FCB helps market Barca's other sport clubs like basketball, handball, futsal and roller hockey.

Vilarrubi

I like it.. the current one I love but it has a certain 2000’s look to it. This new one looks even slicker and modern.

Andresito

Staff member
I actually quite like it. They made it simpler and they made the colours more consistent. The yellow of the senyera wasn't the same shade as the yellow of the crest, the red of St. George was of a much different shade than the red in blaugrana. In addition, removing FCB helps market Barca's other sport clubs like basketball, handball, futsal and roller hockey.

The basketball team is actually named FC Barcelona Lassa or FC Barcelona Bàsquet so FCB works for them as well.

Alik

DoH9uv0UUAAcEP3.jpg:large

This would have been better.

Still prefer the old one though.

Moe