Lliga | Round 7: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 1-1

Alik

I don't hope for that cos if we win la liga through luck again, we'll have to endure Valverde's football for another season.

I've kind of accepted that we'll never win a CL again with Messi. So at least let's rack up those Liga titles while we can.

serghei

I've kind of accepted that we'll never win a CL again with Messi. So at least let's rack up those Liga titles while we can.

Totally. I've made peace with it. I think you need to have some very specific things to win the CL. We have only player quality. Lack everything else almost.

Also, if you look at managers who have won the CL you only see the best of the best, creme de la creme. There's no place there for guys like Valverde. Being a decent manager at best is never going to cut it here.

PhilS

Let's hope Lopetegui is really bad. If he is, and Atletico are the Atletico of the last few years, wasting many points vs smaller teams, maybe we can somehow win the title again on the back of Messi, Coutinho and some other players stepping up consistently. Maybe.

But in CL, the way things stand now, we'd better pray we don't get a top team in the Last 16 because we could be going out as soon as that stage.

We have a top 3 squad in the world probably.

But if we count the favorites list for the CL, I think Liverpool, City, Juventus, Atletico, Real Madrid, Bayern, and even PSG are ahead of us.

I do appreciate your loyalty. I generally give the team the benefit of the doubt, too. But after this last game, these last two games, I'd have to say the team has yet to prove that they are very good at all this year. Of course, everyone blames the manager, but he's not out there kicking the ball. Got to blame the squad, too. Losing to the worst team in La Liga, that is not top squad performance. Lots of blame to go around inside this team this past week, they need to show that they are still top quality. All of them, from Messi on down.

gasgas

Let's hope Lopetegui is really bad. If he is, and Atletico are the Atletico of the last few years, wasting many points vs smaller teams, maybe we can somehow win the title again on the back of Messi, Coutinho and some other players stepping up consistently. Maybe.

But in CL, the way things stand now, we'd better pray we don't get a top team in the Last 16 because we could be going out as soon as that stage.

We have a top 3 squad in the world probably.

But if we count the favorites list for the CL, I think Liverpool, City, Juventus, Atletico, Real Madrid, Bayern, and even PSG are ahead of us.

You seem certain that we'll enter last 16

FinBarcelonafan

^

can't wait to see again the mesmerizing astonishing once de gala :shit:

We have some obvious leaks. Too slow midfield. We just shouldnt play Rakitic and Busquets together. It's just bad defensively. RB we have no guy who can do it All, we either struggle offensively or defensively. LB we have no backup, If Alba gets hurt we are finished.

Our winger doesn't help defensively.(Dembele). Coutinho is weak defensively. This team lacks guy who can run fast and help us defensively.

Xaviniesta

Up untill now whenever there was a Barca game , i used to postpone stuff i had to do , didn't go out in the city with friends , birthday parties , etc. Now if something comes up , i'll watch the game later or highlights . Tomorow is a birthday party of a friend of mine and i won't skip it to watch this trash display of valverde's so called football. I think it might be the first time I am missing a barca game on purpose in a good ammount of years.

so relatable...

Vilarrubi

Up untill now whenever there was a Barca game , i used to postpone stuff i had to do , didn't go out in the city with friends , birthday parties , etc. Now if something comes up , i'll watch the game later or highlights . Tomorow is a birthday party of a friend of mine and i won't skip it to watch this trash display of valverde's so called football. I think it might be the first time I am missing a barca game on purpose in a good ammount of years.

Yep.. I’ve missed only 1 or 2 games per season for the last few seasons.. this season I’ve missed 2 already. Also... if I missed one I’d make sure to go out of my way to watch it later etc when I didn’t watch the Sociedad game and read how bad we were on here I never watched it.. can imagine a painful boring watch just like we play sometimes, especially away games.

Funny how the greatest player of all time only won 1 CL in 7 years. It would be a disaster if he doesnt win atleast 2-3 Cls before retire. This year Barca must win the CL there arent any excuses anymore!

vlad

Funny how the greatest player of all time only won 1 CL in 7 years. It would be a disaster if he doesnt win atleast 2-3 Cls before retire. This year Barca must win the CL there arent any excuses anymore!

not a disaster, its a team sport, and its not all up to him, but surely it will be a sad fact that he didnt win nothing big with national team and just 3 CL-s with barca (if he doesnt win it anymore), when ronaldo won with real 3 in a row, 5 all together, and he is half of a player then messi is, when it comes to football, i dont care about ronaldo vs messi debate, but im just puting things in perspective... barca board take most of the blame, but lets be honest, messi didnt show much effort in CL, especially season 2014, 2016 and 2017 wasnt much better, so he takes the blame with the rest of the team.

Last edited:

hulinat

We need to rotate Alba but I'm not sure if that's possible. We need to get new left back January. Selling Digne was a huge mistake.

The point of having a B-team is so you can develope young players and call them up when needed. Getting rid of Digne was great along with the other useless players we had in our squad. Just give Miranda a chance to show what he's got to offer ffs. Signing a backup LB is basically another fuck you to La Masia.

Home of Barca Fans