Lliga | Round 7: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 1-1

gasgas

i predict 2-1 loss

We will also likely lose vs Tottenham with the key momenta being Son/Lucas vs Bob/Pique on the right hand side

Cule4life

The Culest
The Gala XI like Pique can fuckup multiple times and are not even benched

While poor Malcom can't even make the squad

Valverde the kind of person who would rather stay in an abusive relationship than try something new

Garrus

Malcom goes from being used as an impact sub to not being in the squad.

Valverde doesn't know what continuity means and will end up destroying all of Malcom's confidence. Now I am not saying Malcom is a saviour, but people that keep telling themselves that actual coaching and continuity doesn't matter are fooling themselves. Same happened to Semedo last season. Started very well. Played a good game vs Juventus and looked to get more forward too until he got benched for 3-4 consecutive games and after that it's been one game on, three games off, two games on, five games off, etc.

It's just shitty man management.

This ‘confidence’ narrative, Is something exclusively seen in forums and social media, And has no connection to the real world.

Putting aside that we’re somehow supposed to believe that players that have been playing professionally since childhood, And managed to climb up to the top tier of of word football, somehow they did this by being ‘precious little snowflakes’ to the point that their performance collapse when they don’t consistently start games and get called up, And their tiny feelings and egos get hurt, Again, We’ll put all of these aside.

Players that fail to start consistently or get called up, Start to suffer from anger and frustration, Not ‘Loss of confidence’, Because in their heads, They expect the maximum amount of minutes and that they have what it takes, And it’s the manager’s fault for not seeing it, No one comes to a club when he thinks he doesn’t have what it takes, And when they eventually get their minutes, They’re always pissed off and extra-motivated to prove the manager wrong, And when things don’t change, The player start to contemplate a transfer request, This held true, For every player i saw, In every club, Where in all of this, The player forgets to play properly?, Makes abolsutely no sense.

The only situations where ‘confidence’ issues may briefly arise, Is with STARTING players, Not with bench warmers, Specifcally happens with experienced strikers that experience a goal drought for a number of games, And this usually auto-resolve on it’s own.

This ‘confidence’ narrative (which makes no sense), Got manufactured and circulates inside forums and social media, As a manifestation of confirmation bias, Someone takes a special liking to a player, And when reality doesn’t fit with their pre-existing belief about said player, It’s time to distort reality to fit what you already belief to be true:

“Player Z deserves to start!, Donkey manager doesn’t give him a chance!”

*Player Z eventually get his chance and doesn’t impress*

“Well you see, He lost his confidence because the donkey manager isn’t starting him consistently”

Etc, Etc, Etc.......With all types of BS.

Semedo for example, isn’t a regular starter, Because he produces inconsistent performances, Period, And has no one to blame but himself.

Where was this ‘confidence’ nonsense with Andre Gomes?, I don’t remember you or anyone else blaming Luis Enrique or Ernesto valverde for ruining gomes confidence by benching him regularly and never giving him a non-interrupted starting opportunity, Do you know why?, Because you already had a pre-existing belief about Andre Gomes, And That he is a donkey, And brining up this same exact ‘confidence’ narrative him, Wouldn’t have served your pre-existing beliefs about him.

Just a boring case, Of confirmation bias.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Hahaha the holier than thou snowflake is here after conveniently disappearing during the Leganes game. Spout more fancy syndromes my friend, you'll seem more (pseudo) intellectual

vlad

I just wanna say one thing. Munir over Malcom in Valverde's head. OMFG, should've gone Roma. I wish him best.

Malcom choosed less playing time and more money, thats why he didnt end up in roma where he would probably be in first 11 ( or not, dont know, never watched him)

Garrus

Hahaha the holier than thou snowflake is here after conveniently disappearing during the Leganes game. Spout more fancy syndromes my friend, you'll seem more (pseudo) intellectual

Confirmation bias isn’t a syndrome, Just a type of cognitive bias, The most common one actually.

But it’s no surprise to see someone illiterate in simple mathematics, To not just be ignorant of what is and not a syndrome, But to actually think ‘confirmation bias’ is something ‘fancy’ to know.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Up untill now whenever there was a Barca game , i used to postpone stuff i had to do , didn't go out in the city with friends , birthday parties , etc. Now if something comes up , i'll watch the game later or highlights . Tomorow is a birthday party of a friend of mine and i won't skip it to watch this trash display of valverde's so called football. I think it might be the first time I am missing a barca game on purpose in a good ammount of years.

serghei

Let's hope Lopetegui is really bad. If he is, and Atletico are the Atletico of the last few years, wasting many points vs smaller teams, maybe we can somehow win the title again on the back of Messi, Coutinho and some other players stepping up consistently. Maybe.

But in CL, the way things stand now, we'd better pray we don't get a top team in the Last 16 because we could be going out as soon as that stage.

We have a top 3 squad in the world probably.

But if we count the favorites list for the CL, I think Liverpool, City, Juventus, Atletico, Real Madrid, Bayern, and even PSG are ahead of us.

Last edited:

serghei

I don't hope for that cos if we win la liga through luck again, we'll have to endure Valverde's football for another season.

Thing is, he won't get fired anyway. So our best scenario here is to somehow nick a title playing like shit. He'll be shit in CL again and will leave at the end of the season. I get a feeling that another debacle in CL would be the end of Valverde.

And if we draw a big name I don't see how we can beat that team with Valverde in charge. Even against Spurs in a few days Valverde is probably the 2nd best manager in the stadium. Hell, he'll even be that with Inter. Spalletti is a better manager.

Almost every serious team in CL has a better manager than we do.

Only hope is Madrid show serious issues too. And I don't know if Atletico have what it takes over 38 games. Winning La Liga this season would be a lot more than I'm expecting (think we'll go trophy-less or win the Copa del Rey again).

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Confirmation bias isn’t a syndrome, Just a type of cognitive bias, The most common one actually.

But it’s no surprise to see someone illiterate in simple mathematics, To not just be ignorant of what is and not a syndrome, But to actually think ‘confirmation bias’ is something ‘fancy’ to know.

Riddle me this Mr. Cognitive bias. Why does your idol Valverde keep playing under performers like Pique while Malcom is out of the squad after getting a generous 20 minutes? How is a player supposed to not lose confidence/motivation after clear bias like that. I know you are full of yourself but don't expect others to be. Normal people need motivation and guidance to improve themselves. That's why companies keep coming up with new ways to motivate their employees. Where were you and your superior attitude after the Leganes game?

No amount of your fancy schmancy esoteric BS can hide your cluelessness and obvious bias.

Thing is, he won't get fired anyway. So our best scenario here is to somehow nick a title playing like shit. He'll be shit in CL again and will leave at the end of the season. I get a feeling that another debacle in CL would be the end of Valverde.

Don't underestimate Barto and his clown posse. Won't be surprised if he's retained after winning La liga.

Last edited:

serghei

Don't underestimate Barto and his clown posse. Won't be surprised if he's retained after winning La liga.

Everybody seems to say in the media that this year we need to push very hard for the CL. And by that I mean getting at least to a semifinal. If he fails again like last season he'll be gone I think. Nobody is dumb enough to keep a manager who is a clown in Europe.

Emery at least was in charge of a team without pedigree in the CL and went out vs Barca and Madrid. Valverde managed to get kicked out by Roma. He's already well on his track of being a much bigger clown than Emery in the CL.

Home of Barca Fans