Hola from Denver

ctoro

Huge Barca fan from Denver Colorado. Love the team, Catalan culture and club. Enjoy reading the discussions here. My son and I are making our first (hopefully many more) trip to Barcelona in October. Excited to meet the city and see our first Barca games. Inter CL match and hopefully El Classico.

FinBarcelonafan

Huge Barca fan from Denver Colorado. Love the team, Catalan culture and club. Enjoy reading the discussions here. My son and I are making our first (hopefully many more) trip to Barcelona in October. Excited to meet the city and see our first Barca games. Inter CL match and hopefully El Classico.

Hello ctoro. I'm surprised you are posting here, especially from Denver, Colorado where my favourite hockey team plays. Colorado Avalanche. I didn't know football was that big there, I know few years ago Colorado Rapids had some success, so you were inspired by them or what? Fun to notice football fans from Denver.

I'm sure you will love Barcelona. Spain in general is very polite and friendly people, just like in Denver. You could even say people in Denver are too polite and friendly haha.

I would say for the first timer, remember to try Paella(local food), Patatas Bravas(another Spanish dish) and Churros(jammy dessert). I'm quite certain You will like those. Tibidabo is a must see place in Barcelona and remember to take the tram up to the hill. Gorgeous view.

I'm sure you have heard about Sagrada Familia which is magnificent. Must see.

I used to live in Barcelona and I will have to give you one word of warning. There are A LOT of pickpockets and when you are moving in the Rambla area, you should be extremely careful. Keep your hands in pocket, especially at night. You don't want to lose your stuff, like myself and many of my friends. It's insane.. Otherwise you should be fine. Just take care of your stuff.

ctoro

thank you for your detailed reply. Footy is quite popular in Denver BUT that has nothing to do with the Rapids. Probably due to large immigrant/student population from Europe, Africa and Latin America. That team is doomed with management. Most people here follow EPL and mostly Arsenal fans. Same ownership as the rapids. More reason to support Liverpool.
I was born in Turkey as a huge Fenerbahce supporter moved to USA in 1991. Appreciate the heads up on rambla. Thats where we are staying.

My big fear is not finding tickets to El Classico. Should we wait till we land on 22/10 and try to buy from team stores?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Welcome to Barca Forum! :wave:

FinBarcelonafan

thank you for your detailed reply. Footy is quite popular in Denver BUT that has nothing to do with the Rapids. Probably due to large immigrant/student population from Europe, Africa and Latin America. That team is doomed with management. Most people here follow EPL and mostly Arsenal fans. Same ownership as the rapids. More reason to support Liverpool.
I was born in Turkey as a huge Fenerbahce supporter moved to USA in 1991. Appreciate the heads up on rambla. Thats where we are staying.

My big fear is not finding tickets to El Classico. Should we wait till we land on 22/10 and try to buy from team stores?

Last year I bought the VIP tickets to El Clasico, I think about 1000 euro per seat. It was expensive but as an once in a lifetime experience I think it was worth it. We didn't get the best seats or anything but it was amazing. The atmosphere was unbelievable. I did feel like Barca should try to improve the VIP experience. They could make it so much better imo.

Buying VIP for normal game would be waste of money. El Clasico, worth it though.

Home of Barca Fans