Who should be Barca's starting RB?

Who should be Barca's starting RB?

• Total voters

Joan

It's an ongoing debate, time to post a poll.

1. Roberto. Many say he's better at the moment, but at the age of 26 - basically a finished product. His flaws are well known, so are his strengths.
2. Semedo. While it seems he hasn't adapted yet, it's believed his ceiling as a RB is higher. Also said to be a better defender individually. Main flaws being offensive output, linkup play.

Do you think we should go with Semedo hoping he picks up confidence and becomes a player the club expected him to - or a, generally believed, better RB atm?

* I tried my best not to sound biased. Including only popular opinions and well-accepted ones.

FCBfan22

Well, can't vote as things aren't black and white. It all depends on who we start as RCB.

Pique starts -> Semedo.
Pique doesn't start -> Roberto.

FCBfan22

It's quite clear who's our starting RCB, isn't it? And the starting lineup is what the poll is about. :p

Well, the problem is that I would much rather bench Pique now than be forced to play Semedo as he offers nothing going forward on a side, which is completely dead attacing-wise anyway.
What I mean by forced to play Semedo: I dread the thought of the likes of Marcelo and Isco vs Bob-Pique combo. Bob is defensively bad and Pique is slow and useless at counters and 1 on 1's.

I think this problem should be addressed from the forward line backwards. And that means moving Dembele back on the right side.

mesiesta

I don't know... I really don't know. They should get chances until someone will prove that he is better. If they will not be able to do that till the end of the season we need to buy better RB for sure.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I can't think of one RB who would be available and could help us. Not too much quality in RB position.

Pavard.

Also, I like Semedo. With how offensive Jordi is, having him lock down wings isn’t a bad thing. He’s also improving going forward, from what I’ve seen from him this season.

Say what you will about CBs, CMs or FWs here; adapting to our demands as a full back is probably the hardest position to come into green, in terms of knowing our style, the league, etc.

I think considering that, he’s doing really well and I’m seeing enough improvement in his game to merit him being our starter.

Never really understood all the hate he gets here. Like Xavi, Messi etc. don’t expect their “replacement” to be exactly at that quality. Dani Alves is a rare breed.

xXKonan

Nah I wouldn't go with Pavard myself when it comes to an RB option.

He's a CB being forced to play out of position for France because the other options at RB aren't that great. During the WC he was the weakest link in the France Backline and was getting beaten by pacy and technical players a bit too easily.

He is, however, a really talented CB that I wouldn't mind buying for that reason.

serghei

Neither, I'd split 50-50. Against teams with fast wingers who are strong in 1 vs 1 Semedo all day long. A guy like Douglas Costa would eat Roberto alive. Against teams that park the bus and don't have those players wide maybe Roberto is better, so I'd go with him.

FinBarcelonafan

Neither, I'd split 50-50. Against teams with fast wingers who are strong in 1 vs 1 Semedo all day long. A guy like Douglas Costa would eat Roberto alive. Against teams that park the bus and don't have those players wide maybe Roberto is better, so I'd go with him.

I agree with this tactic. Sounds good to me. We don't create anything from right side with or without Semedo so it's kinda irrelevant if he produces offense or not. Without Dembele in right there's no one.

Home of Barca Fans