CL | Round 1: Barca - PSV 4-0

Cule4life

The Culest
I see the "but but results" apologists are back. Guess they have been biding their time. Too bad the Roma debacle won't be forgotten in a hurry.

eaman

Barcelona.

Sorry should have said where are you living that you have the rest of the day to do other things. Was thinking America as that would be early in the day when the match finished. Also you missed a pretty good game if you didn't watch Liverpool psg

eaman

It was not really a great performance but a couple of great individual performances. We took all our chances but you'd expect alot more chances to be created. I can only really remember they're keeper making one good save and the crossbar saving them. I suppose though it is the first champions league game after a tough game at sociedad and an international break so hopefully big improvements from many players at wembley

kollegah

People need to understand that we are individually still the best team.
But people also need to understand that you can only win the CL if yu have a crazy desire and a crazy urgency in your game.

We lack both urgency and also pure desire. When I see this muppet Pique walking from back to make a 10m pass and compare it to the likes of ramos, varane which are sprinting and showing passion, Id like to cry.

We cannot outplay top teams in europe anymore, its all about fighting and desire. On this aspect we are not even top 10 in europe

GOAT_SUAREZ

I'm confident that people will complain about something if Barcelona wins every game this season and wins treble. People will say we don't play beautiful enough despite treble. EV must go.

clemente

And what if we don't win treble? or win nothing? Lets just not complain at all then? Our bench should comfortably win against PSV, but they were getting better chances up until 75min against our starters. Looking at Liverpool you can tell that they would spank our ass easily, I hope Spurs and Inter really bring it to us.

BarçaBarça

What the.....are you serious?

First of all we didn't wear them out. We broke their morale with individual brilliance from Messi and Dembele

Secondly do you expect to wear out teams like Liverpool? :lol:

Again with the "but but results". We won 4-0 so everything is fine but if it was 1-0 it would have been bad. You can skip the games and stick to checking scores the next day if you want to continue that razor sharp analysis of games

Can't expect to half ass it all the time and then expect to turn it on when the going gets tough.

Very true, but CL is not decided this fall. We need to be clutch in the spring, so I'm not in panic after the first dull CL-game, which get the job done..

delancey

Remove Messi from the line up and the score may have been completely different. Point being that we rely too much on individual performance. I would prefer to see us playing more like a team.

And our attack in the first half was at times dreadful to watch.

Second half performance was fun, no argument there.

Last edited:

frog-fcb

People need to understand that we are individually still the best team.
But people also need to understand that you can only win the CL if yu have a crazy desire and a crazy urgency in your game.

We lack both urgency and also pure desire. When I see this muppet Pique walking from back to make a 10m pass and compare it to the likes of ramos, varane which are sprinting and showing passion, Id like to cry.

We cannot outplay top teams in europe anymore, its all about fighting and desire. On this aspect we are not even top 10 in europe

Let the likes of ramos an varane run all they want. When our players are in jogging mode we are saving energy which we will be glad of later in the season

Joan

Let the likes of ramos an varane run all they want. When our players are in jogging mode we are saving energy which we will be glad of later in the season

But when it's time to demonstrate all the energy conserved during the season and pull a 'Ramos', our players usually don't show up. That's the problem.

Home of Barca Fans