CL | Round 1: Barca - PSV 4-0

Porque

He should talk to Andre Gomes and ask him what's the secret to keep getting picked and played.

If Valverde had Vidal to bring on last season instead of Andre Gomes we probably would of held on. I don't think Valverde will change his approach- at all.

Valverde will see it as having Countinho (get it), a fit Dembele and Vidal to close games this season instead of Andre Gomes in the CL. Coutinho and Vidal are replacing Paulinho and Andre Gomes in Valverde's hierarchy.

Rather Malcom, Lenglet and Arthur will have shitcan minutes here and there and then groom in the season after.

Lenglet has replaced Vermaelen in the "will only play in case of CB injury" position and Vermaelen is the new Mina who was the new Mascherano.

Malcom will get Paco 5-15 minute cameo's then not play for 3 games while Arthur is in the 5th option of midfield battle with Rafinha and Denis. He should win that battle but Valverde likes Denis.

Valverde is conservative and pragmatic. He plays the long game, and by that I mean 90 minutes long with the same 11.

Last edited:

vinni

I got a problem with my CL subscription today. Can anyone recommend me a good place to stream the match today? Its been a while since i used those sites.

xXKonan

DnYyyoeUUAAr_ok.jpg

fergus90

We have a huge month in October, I hope Valderde doesn't stick with this starting 11 all the way until then, before we are forced to rotate against a team we need the strongest 11. Although gotta feeling that's exactly what will happen.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
As expected. If you read through Valverde's press conference and how he was talking about how PSV wasn't the weakest in the group and how Barca couldnt make any mistakes , then you would realize he would go wiith the starting 11

hulinat

Its all right. Valverde probably trying to find the best starting 11 and build chemistry since Dembele and Coutinho haven't been fully integrated into Barca.
Important game too, so no reason to make radical changes except maybe Arthur for Raki and Lenglet for Umtiti.

vinni

Its not a bad idea really. It’s important to get a good start in the CL. We should be able to rotate against Girona and Leganes.

Stoichkov1

Looking at this lineup one would expect incredible football but in reality if we're lucky we'll get a 1-0 win thanks to an own goal.

Home of Barca Fans