Lliga Round 4: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 1-2

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Arthur not in the squad because he arrived late but Coutinho is in because he arrived late as well :lol:

:valverde2:

xXKonan

Cat Radio says Messi-Suarez-Dembele will start tomorrow but nothing else about the rest of the lineup bar saying there will be some form of rotation.

Porque

Beginning of last season Roberto played well in CM. There was a media article where he said he could provide a lot from this position and prefers to play there than RB (paraphrasing).

Roberto went then on to play the rest of the season at right back.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
you guys whine so much about the lineup, what lineup would YOU guys like to see?

Obviously, Anoeta isn't the place to rotate a lot. Valverde should have done that in previous matches and have players more fresh for this. But apparently you can't rotate at the start of the season, can't rotate now that we have tough games and can't rotate in the end.

Copa 4th division opposition remains for Arthur, Alena, Puig and the rest. :rockon:

I don't expect kids to start but I dont expect this coward of a manager subbing in Lenglet and Vidal when we are 4 goals up at home against Huesca.

Fuck him and his uninspiring football.

Nothanks

have players more fresh for this match?? how does a manager keep his players fresh in a international week other than asking them to not leave at all.

hell most of our starters came early with the exception of coutinho busquets and umtiti, who are suspected to sit this game out
are you guys upset arthur isn't in the bench? he only had 1 training day with the team since back so why should he be here?

Nothanks

I don't think it's strange at all to play your best team on the third league game of the season with 7 days inbetween games.
the team is adjusting to 4-3-3 after playing 4-4-2 all last season, and the new players are slowly integrating to a whole new style of play.

mind you before the huesca game everyone was shitting on suarez and now he seems to have recovered form, dembele is playing better than ever and many others are clicking with the time they are given.
but i guess no arthur no malcom everyone riots...

vinni

Matchday!I hope for this lineup:

Roberto Pique Titi Alba
Raki Busi Coutinho/Rafinha
Messi Suarez Dembele

Let Rafinha start if Coutinho need some rest. Rafinha played too well in the pre season to not give him some minutes. The rest need to play this match.

That said, I suspect we will field Semedo at RB and move Roberto to midfield. Regardless, it should be good. :barcaflag:

Joan

Classic 4-3-3? Raki-Roberto-Rafinha or Raki as a CDM? Hm. Or a more adventurous 4-2-3-1 with Raki-Roberto double pivot, Rafinha and Messi alternating between CAM and RW positions. Interesting.

PhilS

Good lineup, now we can see just how good the midfield depth is.

Semedo and Roberto have beaten out Vidal, for a game when they both have extra rest. Give them credit for this. Roberto has earned starts at multiple positions under both Valverde and Lucho, there is a reason why he is such a coach's favorite.

Might have three different midfielders finish this game.

PhilS

Arthur not in the squad because he arrived late but Coutinho is in because he arrived late as well :lol:

:valverde2:[/QUOT

If I was in charge, Coutinho would be in my squad even if he got back from South America that morning. To be able to look down your bench and be able to bring in a game-winner like Coutinho, jet lag be damned. He can sleep during the first half.

Home of Barca Fans