Krzysztof Piatek

Leo_Messi

Some cracking goals. I might have underestimated this guy even though I was aware of his great form for Genoa. This might be blasphemous but he reminds me a bit of Sheva stylistically. If he will be half as good and crucial, Piatek's transfer fee will be a bargain.

Unfortunately this video summarizes AC Milan perfectly in 4 seconds.

There is actually light at the end of the tunnel. A lot of promising youngsters and finally the appalling ownership situation was solved and the Chinese fraudsters were kicked out. Even though I support Milan in Italy and thus might be biased, I think that Milan is the team that will likely break Juve's tiring monopoly. Historically that used to be the case as well and obviously no Italian team is anywhere near Milan's European accomplishments.

Leo_Messi

Barca miss out again. Ridiculous.

We'll buy him for 100 mill in a few years.

Too soon to tell. Missed out on what exactly? So far he is a talented 24 year old striker who stylistically would not/is not the greatest fit for us. Not sure what we "missed out" on when there are better options out there on the market. At least on paper. This guy has 6 months of experience in top level football. Before this season he was playing for some mid table club in the Polish league FFS.

We can't buy every single temporary talent or hit. Another Piatek will emerge soon. Then another one etc. Not counting him out at all as I was impressed by him against Napoli but come on, we can't blame the board for not going after him. Genoa would have demanded more than €35 million as well and where would he exactly play with Suárez and Messi sitting firmly on that number 9 position for us? It would be a waste.

I rate Jovic slightly higher btw and he is 2.5 years younger and his cost would probably be similar.

Last edited:

clemente

This guy will be massive, can't see him flopping, just sad that we slept on him. But I guess good for him because he wouldn't be given a chance here over Suarez.

D10S_JC

No aspiring strikers would join us till Suarez left. Also it’s less risky for us to sign a player at his peak.

Jombi

No aspiring strikers would join us till Suarez left. Also it’s less risky for us to sign a player at his peak.

A super star at his peak will almost certainly play for RM, Bayern, City and similar clubs. We cant simply buy their players.

Leo_Messi

Seeing Suarez being Bambi personified on the pitch makes me wonder how Piatek would look in our system.

Better. At least more lively and threatening off the ball and probably on the ball as well nowadays. Keeps impressing but we will have to see if he is a one-season wonder or if there is more to him. So far I think that it might be the latter.

Home of Barca Fans